VN Ren'Py Not Going Back [Ch.2.2] [Cicada]

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Want to comment a bit more of some things people have said but there's some quite detailed comments and I've not got the time atm to give a good reply to everything, but I will real quick say on the subject of animations: I tried playing around with making them while making ch2, but quickly realised I wasn't able to make them to an acceptable standard, and it would have taken too long to improve. Also, as people probably know already from other games, animations take a really long time to render, because for just one second you're looking realistically at 30 individual renders, so from the standpoint I couldn't justify adding animations when I currently only have one computer to do everything with. Would like to include them in the future, of course, but for now I decided it would be better to stick to just renders rather than adding in poorly made/rushed animations. Felt like that was a better decision both for overall quality and use of time
Personal opinion, I'd rather have no animations than poor ones. (And of course, I'd rather have the updates as soon as possible too. LOL).

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Cautiously liked it so far - has a dark feel to it like the rich assholes are going to get out of hand - hope not don;t want to see any forced sex on any girl, nor the sick shower scene, it is really stupid to think we are going to create sluts out of our women to please the rich.
Mia is great she embelishes all the right things. Not sure I agree to the underwear event but at least most kept them on.
Also if someone makes mia or whomever their girl then would not want her to be involved in such debauchery
im curious what sick shower scene? are you talking about the one with Mia? otherwise I forgot. I really didn't see any issue with that one since it was player choice. Sure it made Mia feel a bit easy at first but didn't feel bad either since it felt like she actually liked the MC for who he was. Even tho it didn't lead to anything but touching her boob ive seen much worst from girls in other games that are actually slutty.

• Angry
Reactions: holaje12

metamorphMP

Jan 6, 2024
Cautiously liked it so far - has a dark feel to it like the rich assholes are going to get out of hand - hope not don;t want to see any forced sex on any girl, nor the sick shower scene, it is really stupid to think we are going to create sluts out of our women to please the rich.
Mia is great she embelishes all the right things. Not sure I agree to the underwear event but at least most kept them on.
Also if someone makes mia or whomever their girl then would not want her to be involved in such debauchery
icadaNGB already stated - nobody will be forced on you romantically, everything only by your choice.

Calling it "Debauchery"would be too harsh, but that's my perspective.
Well there is at least one nerd-ish girl, Alice, I doubt she will participate in this "Debauchery", not her vibe.

Last edited:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
To call it "Debauchery"would be too harsh, but that's my perspective.
100% agree with you on that, I dont see anything they have done as Debauchery or too slutty yet. Other than maybe Bobbie 's outfit. But not surprised either by his response he has overly harsh views on tattoo's too if I recall correctly. Was more confused when he called the shower scene sick haha. Only recall the Mia one and didn't see anything wrong with that one

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
icadaNGB already stated - nobody will be forced on you romantically, everything only by your choice.

To call it "Debauchery"would be too harsh, but that's my perspective.
Well there is at least one nerd-ish girl, Alice, I doubt she will participate in this "Debauchery", not her vibe.
She totally freaked when MC saw her topless. She's definitely not the debauchery type.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Want to comment a bit more of some things people have said but there's some quite detailed comments and I've not got the time atm to give a good reply to everything, but I will real quick say on the subject of animations: I tried playing around with making them while making ch2, but quickly realised I wasn't able to make them to an acceptable standard, and it would have taken too long to improve. Also, as people probably know already from other games, animations take a really long time to render, because for just one second you're looking realistically at 30 individual renders, so from the standpoint I couldn't justify adding animations when I currently only have one computer to do everything with. Would like to include them in the future, of course, but for now I decided it would be better to stick to just renders rather than adding in poorly made/rushed animations. Felt like that was a better decision both for overall quality and use of time
I think that's a very good decision.
I like good animations, like most do, but as you said they are a huge amount of work and none likes clunky, bad animations. The sex scenes in the update were good imo.

Just please for all that's holy don't do nonsense as 60fps animations...

Last edited:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I think that's a very good decision.
I like good animations, like most do, but as you said they are a huge amount of work and none likes clunky, bad animations. The sex scenes in the update were good imo.

Just please for all that's holy don't do nonsese as 60fps animations...
100% agree tho I will say I have a hard time noticing bad animations unless they are really bad and obvious. Probably cause im a visual person and need to compare it to something not sure. All i know there been times I seen some complain about certain animations but I didn't notice it being bad haha.

But I will say the fact this dev can make some pretty hot sex scene renders that makes me wish there was animations is a really good sign that this game doesn't need the animations. Besides sex scenes are usually such a small part of any game not really like we miss much by not having them.

Reactions: Raziel_8

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, that's why I suggested her to that guy as a LI since he is too pure for all other LIs :rolleyes:
I think Bonnie and Ellie might be somewhat pure too at least I get that vibe too from them. But yeah I don't think they compare to Alice. As they dont really seem like they are in a sorority to party and let lose but just to be in one that is chill.

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
I think Bonnie and Ellie might be somewhat pure too at least I get that vibe too from them. But yeah I don't think they compare to Alice. As they dont really seem like they are in a sorority to party and let lose but just to be in one that is chill.
It wasn't too difficult to get a nude out of Ellie though. Alice would never, and I doubt Bonnie would either.

Reactions: metamorphMP

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
It wasn't too difficult to get a nude out of Ellie though. Alice would never, and I doubt Bonnie would either.
o right scratch that about Ellie I 100% forgot about that tho she still seems more reserved than most of the other LI, just perhaps less than Bonnie and Alice. Cause if I recall it wasn't immediate but something she thought about and only if you promised not to show anyone. While the other girls wouldn't probably like you showing their nudes probably wouldn't be upset for long either expect maybe Mia.

Reactions: Raziel_8

metamorphMP

Jan 6, 2024
well, to be more precise - Ellie hesitated, I don't remember but I think I chose "Let her decide" or smth and she sent nude later a bit, can't say anyhing about Bonnie though, will pay more attention while playing again

IIRC I didn't even have to ask Mia, she just offered, so did Lucy & Bobbie. I actually though it was funny that Tegan sent the least revealing one of all. :ROFLMAO:
I think Tegan genuinely likes MC and she didn't want to scare him away;), at least this vibe I get from her behaviour in general - like when she suddenly acts all shy and embarrassed around MC, especially when other girls start joking around

Last edited:

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
o right scratch that about Ellie I 100% forgot about that tho she still seems more reserved than most of the other LI, just perhaps less than Bonnie and Alice. Cause if I recall it wasn't immediate but something she thought about and only if you promised not to show anyone. While the other girls wouldn't probably like you showing their nudes probably wouldn't be upset for long either expect maybe Mia.
IIRC I didn't even have to ask Mia, she just offered, so did Lucy & Bobbie. I actually though it was funny that Tegan sent the least revealing one of all. :ROFLMAO:

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
yeah Mia offered however this might just be my feeling towards her . While she does come off as a bit slutty to some I really don't think so at least not on the same level as Tegan or Bobbie. I get the feeling it is because she actually likes the MC not just cause he is hot and wants that dick but if you tell her your past where she feels bad for you and hugs you , I felt like she started to have a genuine like for the MC as a person. Also this last part is 100% me reading to much into it but I feel like the fact there is a hand holding scene ( tho it was the MC that initiated it) to me kind of shows or symbolizes her character and path gonna be more of a a romance then her being a bit easy haha ( even tho she is).

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
im curious what sick shower scene? are you talking about the one with Mia? otherwise I forgot. I really didn't see any issue with that one since it was player choice. Sure it made Mia feel a bit easy at first but didn't feel bad either since it felt like she actually liked the MC for who he was. Even tho it didn't lead to anything but touching her boob ive seen much worst from girls in other games that are actually slutty.
The common shower is not a desireable thing for young women to have to go through and should not be portrayed in this or any other story. Men obviouslt like it but sorry that still does not make it right

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
So after seeing the 2 lewd scenes I missed on my first playthrough im 100% gonna make a save where my MC is a bit of an asshole now. I didn't pick any of the rude / asshole remarks or hide the truth about his past on my first playthrough. As those 2 lewd scenes I missed kind of feels like the MC is leaning towards that way considering who he does sleep with and how it seems to cause some issues with 1 character.

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes