VN Ren'Py Not Going Back [Ch.2.2] [Cicada]

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

torrents

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
NotGoingBack-CH2.2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Meiri

Formerly 'acetsis'
Nov 1, 2019
I played both chapters, I enjoyed this one a lot and will definitely follow .

The thing I liked the most is realism, the story feels realistic, and the characters behave in a believable way, girls don't instantly fall in love with the MC like in other games and the times we had sex felt once again believable, so for me this was a bonus.

That being said I have some problems with the MC who is making some weird decisions that sometimes don't seem to fit him, I imagine this will be explained in future chapters cause it feels a little contradicting:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

The thing I liked the most is realism, the story feels realistic, and the characters behave in a believable way, girls don't instantly fall in love with the MC like in other games and the times we had sex felt once again believable, so for me this was a bonus.

That being said I have some problems with the MC who is making some weird decisions that sometimes don't seem to fit him, I imagine this will be explained in future chapters cause it feels a little contradicting:

Yeah, that he is eager to join that party frat and keeps getting drunk is really strange considering his past. I would have expected he would want to keep his distance from that.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017

yeah I agree with this I was kind of wondering why he was drinking or at least expected a choice if we drink or not and it would lead to something in the future by how it seems to be a problem for him.

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
All of this will be explained as we go, don't worry. But it is a bit contradictory for a reason; you don't get a choice for a reason.

And it's also worth remembering it's not just alcohol he admits to having a history with. But yeah, you'd think a guy with an admitted problem in the past with alcohol would maybe try to avoid it, wouldn't you?

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
All of this will be explained as we go, don't worry. But it is a bit contradictory for a reason; you don't get a choice for a reason.

And it's also worth remembering it's not just alcohol he admits to having a history with. But yeah, you'd think a guy with an admitted problem in the past with alcohol would maybe try to avoid it, wouldn't you?
I do enjoy your teaser posts cicadaNGB. :) If your intent is to increase interest, awareness and anticipation, Congratulations. It's working on me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
I do enjoy your teaser posts cicadaNGB. :) If your intent is to increase interest, awareness and anticipation, Congratulations. It's working on me. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)(y)
Lmao increasing intrigue is never a bad thing tbf. I'm just hoping I execute it all right when the time comes. I'm hoping that most if not all questions/inconsistencies will be answered eventually. But at the same time I'm not going to always spell everything out explicitly. Sometimes it's gonna take a bit of thought.

But it is a little tough for me, because I could literally tell you everything that's going to happen all the way up to chapter 6 at least, play-by-play, pretty much. I could tell you the last line of the game already. So much of it is planned out that, early on, a lot of the foreshadowing etc. can seem like logical inconsistency and I'm sat here with all the answers hoping everything comes together in reality as good as it does in my head. But we'll have to wait and see

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Lmao increasing intrigue is never a bad thing tbf. I'm just hoping I execute it all right when the time comes. I'm hoping that most if not all questions/inconsistencies will be answered eventually. But at the same time I'm not going to always spell everything out explicitly. Sometimes it's gonna take a bit of thought.

But it is a little tough for me, because I could literally tell you everything that's going to happen all the way up to chapter 6 at least, play-by-play, pretty much. I could tell you the last line of the game already. So much of it is planned out that, early on, a lot of the foreshadowing etc. can seem like logical inconsistency and I'm sat here with all the answers hoping everything comes together in reality as good as it does in my head. But we'll have to wait and see
I do understand the dilemma of what to share. It's a delicate balance of keeping people intrigued and trying to get people invested. FWIW, I think you're doing a pretty good job so far.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I could tell you the last line of the game already.
eric-idle-monty-python.gif
That's perfectly fine, i find it more interesting that way, so we can actually see, getting to know and understand the MC.
Just getting everything in info dumbs is lackluster....and easily forgettable.
Even if i wondered, with the drinking for example, i thought we would get an explanation later on, after the MC already explained some things about his past.

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
I do understand the dilemma of what to share. It's a delicate balance of keeping people intrigued and trying to get people invested. FWIW, I think you're doing a pretty good job so far.
View attachment 3984668

That's perfectly fine, i find it more interesting that way, so we can actually see, getting to know and understand the MC.
Just getting everything in info dumbs is lackluster....and easily forgettable.
Even if i wondered, with the drinking for example, i thought we would get an explanation later on, after the MC already explained some things about his past.
Good to know I'm on the right track with how I'm doing it. Thanks.

I do need to rewrite the ending now, though. I can't believe someone guessed it.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I do need to rewrite the ending now, though. I can't believe someone guessed it.
damn well I do hope when it's over you do tell us the original ending haha or make that as an extra non canon ending or something as id be curious to see what it was from what changed.

roe_jogan

Apr 3, 2024
This is a great game.

One question, I've managed to get 3 scenes (Mia/Chloe/Tegan), is that it? An gallery would be a huge help, I dunno what I'm missing if any at all, completely in the dark and the scenes are actually not easy to get.

Also, hopefully Rose gets some love down the road? There is no way she's not a mainstay man.

Great job. Keep it up.

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
This is a great game.

One question, I've managed to get 3 scenes (Mia/Chloe/Tegan), is that it? An gallery would be a huge help, I dunno what I'm missing if any at all, completely in the dark and the scenes are actually not easy to get.

Also, hopefully Rose gets some love down the road? There is no way she's not a mainstay man.

Great job. Keep it up.
I didn't get it cause I didn't want it, but there is a Lauren scene too.

Spoiler - Rosie is a side girl. (May or may not get scenes).

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
This is a great game.

Great job. Keep it up.
Thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed it! There were 4 scenes in chapter 2, so you missed one. It's a short scene with Lauren, it's available if you do not have sex with Tegan (as another option to complete that pledge challenge)

Considered adding a gallery for the release of chapter 2, but coding is by far my weakest skill and I'm scared to break shit really. I'm also planning on making a walkthrough/guide at some point (it's low priority atm) for people to follow if they want which will make getting the scenes you missed easier.

Some of the scenes might be easy to miss in the end, I think (at least for side girls). There's one in particular in Chapter 3 I'm going to be interested to see who actually gets

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
Thanks for playing, glad you enjoyed it! There were 4 scenes in chapter 2, so you missed one. It's a short scene with Lauren, it's available if you do not have sex with Tegan (as another option to complete that pledge challenge)

Considered adding a gallery for the release of chapter 2, but coding is by far my weakest skill and I'm scared to break shit really. I'm also planning on making a walkthrough/guide at some point (it's low priority atm) for people to follow if they want which will make getting the scenes you missed easier.

Some of the scenes might be easy to miss in the end, I think (at least for side girls). There's one in particular in Chapter 3 I'm going to be interested to see who actually gets
A gallery or walkthrough would be extremely helpful. I and many others like to know we aren't missing anything.

Reactions: cicadaNGB

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
A gallery or walkthrough would be extremely helpful. I and many others like to know we aren't missing anything.
I was initially kind of against the idea because the purist in me wants the player to do everything blind, so that they have no idea what's coming, they make the decisions they would actually choose (not just pick whatever leads to a certain outcome), and so the surprises are, well, surprising. But I realized that people should also be allowed to play the game however they want.

I'd still love everyone to do a blind playthrough for their first try, and see what they end up with, but for some people that's not how they play these games. So giving an optional guide/walkthrough for those who want it is the plan, and then it's also there for people to check if they think they've seen everything or if they don't know how to get certain scenes in future playthroughs.

And I'm hoping to kind of meet in the middle with the gallery. I'll mess around with coding again soon, but I'm hoping to have one of those galleries where you can see the number of available scenes, but it doesn't show who they're with, because I'd still like to keep a little mystery in the game itself (as in, I don't want people to go into the gallery from the menu and be spoiled on any content. But the information will be available in other formats, ie the guide/walkthrough for those who want it).

Essentially, I'd like to still keep the game relatively cryptic, for lack of a better word, but provide an alternative for those who want it.

Reactions: Mikedazz1

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
I was initially kind of against the idea because the purist in me wants the player to do everything blind, so that they have no idea what's coming, they make the decisions they would actually choose (not just pick whatever leads to a certain outcome), and so the surprises are, well, surprising. But I realized that people should also be allowed to play the game however they want.

I'd still love everyone to do a blind playthrough for their first try, and see what they end up with, but for some people that's not how they play these games. So giving an optional guide/walkthrough for those who want it is the plan, and then it's also there for people to check if they think they've seen everything or if they don't know how to get certain scenes in future playthroughs.

And I'm hoping to kind of meet in the middle with the gallery. I'll mess around with coding again soon, but I'm hoping to have one of those galleries where you can see the number of available scenes, but it doesn't show who they're with, because I'd still like to keep a little mystery in the game itself (as in, I don't want people to go into the gallery from the menu and be spoiled on any content. But the information will be available in other formats, ie the guide/walkthrough for those who want it).

Essentially, I'd like to still keep the game relatively cryptic, for lack of a better word, but provide an alternative for those who want it.
Can't speak for others, but at least for me a locked gallery is helpful. I know there is something to look for.

Reactions: cicadaNGB
4.10 star(s) 7 Votes