VN Ren'Py Not Going Back [Ch.2.2] [Cicada]

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
not gonna lie maybe im reading to much into this but this makes me feel like someone like Rainn could end up dead at some point or something just as dark to another side girl.
Man, this isn't going to help, but there's so much I wish I could say right now. And it's all so far away.

But seriously, I feel like I could at least say, and reassure people, that, unless I rewrite the game dramatically, I'm not going to kill off any of the female characters already in the game (aside from the MC's mom who's already dead if that counts). So to anyone reading this, don't worry, even if you're favorite girl isn't a main LI, I'm not planning on killing her off.

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
Sure. Little bit spoilery maybe, idk. Initially Ellie and Tegan were not main girls. Ellie got promoted because I loved working with her character model, I found myself really liking the renders of her. So I shifted a story from somewhere else that would work with her character, and then wrote more of her into ch1. Tegan got promoted because I enjoyed writing her dialogue in chapter 1, I felt like her character dynamic was worthy of being a main LI, as well as her story, which I felt could work as a main LI plotline

I'll say it wasn't a last minute decision to promote the extra 2 main LIs, I made sure I felt like it was worth doing. And they were already relatively prominent side characters. I do have a promo image with just the original six that is dated back in June 2022 as a test for something, I don't remember exactly what.
As an absolutely unbiased person I just want to say - you did a right thing promoting Tegan to a mail LI :love: :p

Seriously though, I think if we talk only about looks - the 2 girls that left very strong impression on me personally were Rachel and Tegan. In fact I kinda find Rachel even a bit hotter.

As for personalities - I loved how you wrote Tegan's dialogues and her character in general, I think eventually a combination of her look and attitude made her my #1, she is definitely my type of girl.

Can't say much about Rachel, cause beside having introduction with her in a bottle game and brief meeting on a party don't remember much, and usually I try not to get attached to a girl with whom we can't get the ending.

Yeah don't worry. If you want a little look behind the curtain, Mia was the first character I conceptualized for the game, way back at the end of 2021. She's never going anywhere.

And I've definitely got a vision I'm gonna stick to. We'll see how many people stick with it when the time comes.
I'm definitely gonna stick around) Games with high repla- ability and multiple monogamous routes are right up my alley.
Even if I'm not into some girls romantically - I'm still gonna play their routes, if only just to unfold their stories.

Last edited:

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
As an absolutely unbiased person I just want to say - you did a right thing promoting Tegan to a mail LI :love: :p

Seriously though, I think if we talk only about looks - the 2 girls that left very strong impression on me personally were Rachel and Tegan. In fact I kinda find Rachel even a bit hotter.

As for personalities - I loved how you wrote Tegan's dialogues and her character in general, I think eventually a combination of her look and attitude made her my #1, she is definitely my type of girl.

Can't say much about Rachel, cause beside having introduction with her in a bottle game and brief meeting on a party don't remember much, and usually I try not to get attached to a girl with whom we can't get the ending.

I'm definitely gonna stick around) Games with high repla- ability and multiple monogamous routes are right up my alley.
Even if I'm not into some girls romantically - I'm still gonna play their routes, if only just to unfold their stories.
But I can't disgaree with you though. ;):love::p

screenshot0001.png

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
  • Haha
Reactions: metamorphMP
4.10 star(s) 7 Votes