VN Ren'Py Not Going Back [Ch.2.2] [Cicada]

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
That's perfectly understandable. I can see where saying there is no NTR in your instance does actually kill a plot line you'd like to keep hidden at the start. It would be difficult in your position, because people will just flat out not play if you confirm there is, or refuse to confirm whether there is or there isn't. (Although once the first group reach that point, they will share with others what did or didn't happen anyway). :)
Yeah that last bit is why I figured I should just put the information out there, because if people want to know they'll find it some way so I might as well confirm it myself. Makes it easier for everyone. I'm more hesitant with stuff that I think could be spoilery but I'll still try to answer questions as best I can, and just warn people who care about spoilers that it's information that probably shouldn't be confirmed yet.

At least as far as 'content' goes in the game. Actual story stuff is still obviously being kept under wraps, but the fundamental things that dictate whether people play a game or not is something I think's worth putting out there. Does it kind of kneecap some plots points? Sure, but it's whatever. Like Chase/Mia or Christian/Imogen, y'all know that the guys there aren't going to win, so it kinda deadens the tension and threat those characters possess, but I'm hoping that good writing will make it still be a well-told story that it doesn't really matter that people kind of already know the outcome. Like, you kind of know the end of the story, but not how we get there or what it looks like.

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
Yeah that last bit is why I figured I should just put the information out there, because if people want to know they'll find it some way so I might as well confirm it myself. Makes it easier for everyone. I'm more hesitant with stuff that I think could be spoilery but I'll still try to answer questions as best I can, and just warn people who care about spoilers that it's information that probably shouldn't be confirmed yet.

At least as far as 'content' goes in the game. Actual story stuff is still obviously being kept under wraps, but the fundamental things that dictate whether people play a game or not is something I think's worth putting out there. Does it kind of kneecap some plots points? Sure, but it's whatever. Like Chase/Mia or Christian/Imogen, y'all know that the guys there aren't going to win, so it kinda deadens the tension and threat those characters possess, but I'm hoping that good writing will make it still be a well-told story that it doesn't really matter that people kind of already know the outcome. Like, you kind of know the end of the story, but not how we get there or what it looks like.
For what it's worth, my personal opinion is that you are doing a great job of sharing the big things and still keeping the story hidden. :love:

Reactions: shamtiiomi

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
For what it's worth, my personal opinion is that you are doing a great job of sharing the big things and still keeping the story hidden. :love:
Well that's good to hear. Hopefully when the big moments come it'll all payoff nicely. I look ahead to stuff I've got planned and I really hope a) I can put it all together well enough that it works, and b) that it is as good in actuality as it feels in my head.

But for now I've got to keep building up to those big, story-defining moments properly. If I'm being honest, that was my one fear going into this project. That things would lose steam before the major moments, or that I'd get a writer's block and not know how to properly get to those points. At the moment things seem smooth though, so hopefully I'll get ch3 out in good time and it'll improve further on the positive momentum ch2 had.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: MiltonPowers

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
This is such a great game. Definitely a more story focused avn and I love that.
Thanks! The story is definitely the entire point of this game, so it's always nice to hear people are enjoying it. I hope that you'll enjoy future chapters as much too!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Joshy92

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
I was going to put a dev log up in the coming days with some new previews, but while I'm here I figured I'd put them here a little early. Nothing too crazy, just a few bits from the scenes I've been working on the past couple weeks. Actual dev log with progress updates etc. some time next week.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Like Chase/Mia or Christian/Imogen, y'all know that the guys there aren't going to win, so it kinda deadens the tension and threat those characters possess, but I'm hoping that good writing will make it still be a well-told story that it doesn't really matter that people kind of already know the outcome.
Honestly I love the journey and what the so called enemies or whatever do even if you know they are going to lose . The outcome doesn't make it less impactful unless it becomes a Major spoiler to some degree because of something that happens. Just because we know an outcomes doesn't mean we won't be surprised by what these characters do or wonder how we are gonna get payback or rescue our LI etc etc

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
Yeah the NTR thing is interesting because originally I didn't really want to comment on it because a plot line of ch1 and 2 was Mia and Chase, and obviously Chase's whole persona is a bit based on you maybe believing he's done something with Mia. So telling people that main LIs won't do anything with anyone else kind of killed all tension regarding that plotline, for those who saw that information at least. But I quickly realized that people just straight don't play games with NTR, so I kind of had to make the point that this doesn't have any of that. So I can see both sides.
Most devs (particularly those who are making a story focused game) probably want people to play blind, spoiler free, and with an open mind (to what could happen to the story, the characters etc.). But you've got to compromise sometimes. Do I have an ideal way I'd want everyone to play through the game? Yeah, of course. But the most important thing is that people enjoy themselves.
I knew that my girl Mia wouldn't touch Chase. Mia is clearly a friendly person with a heart of gold and some guys will try and take advantage of that, so it was nice to see her stand up to him at the end of the last episode.
Honestly the whole NTR thing is just crazy to me and people take it way too far. Even if she did hook up with Chase, Mia and the MC are not even in a relationship, hell they haven't even been on a date or anything, so she is free to do whatever she wants IMO.
A male MC in pretty much every AVN I've played can fuck around like crazy, but if a girl even kisses another guy that's not the MC she's called a slut and the game is NTR. Such a double standard honestly and it drives me crazy.

Last edited:

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
I knew that my girl Mia wouldn't touch Chase. Mia is clearly a friendly person with a heart of gold and some guys will try and take advantage of that, so it was nice to see her stand up to him at the end of the last episode.
Honestly the whole NTR thing is just crazy to me and people take it way too far. Even if she did hook up with Chase, Mia and the MC are not even in a relationship, hell they haven't even been on a date or anything, so she is free to do whatever she wants IMO.
A male MC in pretty much every AVN I've played can fuck around like crazy, but if a girl even kisses another guy that's not the MC she's called a slut and the game is NTR. Such a double standard honestly and it drives me crazy.
You can't let it get to you, it will drive you insane. Random guy asks an LI for directions, and people go nuts. If a male happens to live across the hall in an apartment building and people go nuts. Some of the complaints are just ridiculous.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
You can't let it get to you, it will drive you insane. Random guy asks an LI for directions, and people go nuts. If a male happens to live across the hall in an apartment building and people go nuts. Some of the complaints are just ridiculous.
I think the worst ive seen was the father was having sex with the mother lol

AlexMpog

Oct 17, 2022
I think the worst ive seen was the father was having sex with the mother lol
I dunno, complaint about a LI simply opening a door to the other guy in a certain game and calling her a whore because of that was hilarious, it's hard to beat in my opinion))
Or in another thread - some people were complaining that a LI dared to masturbate before meeting MC - hence she wasn't a virgin anymore from their perspective :KEK:

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: metamorphMP

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I dunno, complaint about a LI simply opening a door to the other guy in a certain game was hilarious, it's hard to beat in my opinion))
Or in another thread - some people were complaining that a LI dared to masturbate before meeting MC - hence she wasn't a virgin anymore :KEK:
LMFAO okay you win

shamtiiomi

May 1, 2021
my only question now will be [after knowing no harem\no ntr] scenes with mariah?scenes with the ebony queen[dont remember the name] or lucy? those tick queens deserve sexy time with mc.....ofc more of mianad teagan[also thickness in variety]

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
I pretty much exactly agree with you, particularly with regard to the double standards thing. On a related note, it sometimes takes me out of a game when there's no consequence or even mention of the MC's promiscuity. Like do the girls not talk to each other at all to have no idea they're all fucking the same guy? From a personal point of view, it's something that's coming up in ch3 that's adding a bit to the branching (especially as this isn't a harem game and girls are going to react fairly realistically to finding out who else you might be fucking etc.), but I think it's an important dynamic to think about that I've seen kind of overlooked a lot.

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
That's why so many orphan/fatherless MCs around here devs simply kill him off for the sake of not angering these mfs
Yeah, a coincidental benefit of my story directly involving both parents having died (and including no siblings or relatives) was that I have dodged the incest side of the whole discourse.

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
my only question now will be [after knowing no harem\no ntr] scenes with mariah?scenes with the ebony queen[dont remember the name] or lucy? those tick queens deserve sexy time with mc.....ofc more of mianad teagan[also thickness in variety]
You will probably enjoy chapters 3 and 4. That's all I'll say for now.

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
Yeah, a coincidental benefit of my story directly involving both parents having died (and including no siblings or relatives) was that I have dodged the incest side of the whole discourse.
That won't actually stop them. I've seen many AVN's with a single child MC and both parents dead, where people are hitting the thread with incest? incest? incest? For some of them, they even have someone make a incest mod to turn people into relatives. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes