VN Ren'Py Not Going Back [Ch.2.2] [Cicada]

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
Have you thought about setting up a Patreon page? This can be a good way for people to support you and your games development going forward.
It can also be a good way to ask for opinions from your supporters on things in game that you may be torn about or to gauge interest in a certain thing. Like everything else it will take time to get going, but I think you may be surprised at how much Patreon support you may get after a year or so. I know that you've said before that money isn't your primary motivation but I think that many people would want to reward your hard work.
So I've mentioned this before but I initially planned to launch a patreon with the release of ch2. However, because it ended up taking over a year to make, I didn't feel justified in essentially asking for financial support when I couldn't promise any sort of consistent release schedule, or, really, promise anything in return. For instance, some devs will do custom requests or 4K images for whatever tier, which isn't something I'd do because it'd take away from the time I can spend making the renders for the actual game. Most devs seem to do a staggered release, with higher tiers getting the game earlier, which is also something I've no interest in. The updates are always going to be free, and I'm not fond of paywalling anything. The way I look at things is that once the update's ready, everyone can get it. This may be a backwards way of thinking, but giving people a finished update two weeks earlier for paying more doesn't feel like a reward; more so it feels like you're punishing those who pay less by making them wait, even though the update is completely ready. This is something I know I'm probably in the wrong on, but I digress. So I didn't exactly have much to offer people subscribing to a patreon.

That said, I'd still want to launch one in the future, currently looking at doing so with the release of ch3. But that'll still only be if I feel comfortable with the idea of people financially supporting the game.

Put simply, I guess, I don't feel like the work I've put in so far would justify people giving me money for it. One release after one year? Morally, that doesn't sit right with me. In a similar vein to why I didn't immediately start out with a patreon. I was someone who had no previous experience on another game or fan renders or anything like that throwing a first chapter out there. Why should I immediately ask people to support a patreon? It just doesn't seem justifiable to me.

It's a good point about being able to ask a community about things. I've done that here a couple of times and received feedback on how to proceed (the value of including animations, whether to spend time on making character screens etc.), so that community aspect of things is appealing. But also there's not a lot I'm really torn about with the game either, really. It's not like I'd be doing polls on future content or characters like I see some devs do. Because I know what's going to happen. I always find it weird when devs who say they're making a story-focused game poll their audience on things that seem directly linked to the story or character development. I feel like you should have all that shit mapped out long before even starting.

As you say, the patreon would probably be a slow starter anyway, particularly given people value consistent, timely releases above most else when supporting a dev, and I just can't guarantee that. But hopefully if ch3 gets done in a reasonable timeframe I'll launch a patreon then, and people can at least know what to expect because then they'd have multiple releases and dev cycles to gauge whether it's worth it or not. And then the patreon could build from there on a solid foundation of three good chapters (I hope).

I'm not trying to talk shit on devs who do or have done any of these things I've mentioned, it's worth saying. It's their business model, and if people want to give them money that's great, because it means more people will make more games. And, while some will be pretty bad and baffling as to how they make as much money as they do, plenty others will be legitimately great games that deserve the support so that the devs can see out their vision, whatever that may be.

(that ended up being a significantly longer reply than I thought it'd be. apologies. i have a bad habit of talking a lot/overexplaining in some of these replies)

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
So I've mentioned this before but I initially planned to launch a patreon with the release of ch2. However, because it ended up taking over a year to make, I didn't feel justified in essentially asking for financial support when I couldn't promise any sort of consistent release schedule, or, really, promise anything in return. For instance, some devs will do custom requests or 4K images for whatever tier, which isn't something I'd do because it'd take away from the time I can spend making the renders for the actual game. Most devs seem to do a staggered release, with higher tiers getting the game earlier, which is also something I've no interest in. The updates are always going to be free, and I'm not fond of paywalling anything. The way I look at things is that once the update's ready, everyone can get it. This may be a backwards way of thinking, but giving people a finished update two weeks earlier for paying more doesn't feel like a reward; more so it feels like you're punishing those who pay less by making them wait, even though the update is completely ready. This is something I know I'm probably in the wrong on, but I digress. So I didn't exactly have much to offer people subscribing to a patreon.

That said, I'd still want to launch one in the future, currently looking at doing so with the release of ch3. But that'll still only be if I feel comfortable with the idea of people financially supporting the game.

Put simply, I guess, I don't feel like the work I've put in so far would justify people giving me money for it. One release after one year? Morally, that doesn't sit right with me. In a similar vein to why I didn't immediately start out with a patreon. I was someone who had no previous experience on another game or fan renders or anything like that throwing a first chapter out there. Why should I immediately ask people to support a patreon? It just doesn't seem justifiable to me.

It's a good point about being able to ask a community about things. I've done that here a couple of times and received feedback on how to proceed (the value of including animations, whether to spend time on making character screens etc.), so that community aspect of things is appealing. But also there's not a lot I'm really torn about with the game either, really. It's not like I'd be doing polls on future content or characters like I see some devs do. Because I know what's going to happen. I always find it weird when devs who say they're making a story-focused game poll their audience on things that seem directly linked to the story or character development. I feel like you should have all that shit mapped out long before even starting.

As you say, the patreon would probably be a slow starter anyway, particularly given people value consistent, timely releases above most else when supporting a dev, and I just can't guarantee that. But hopefully if ch3 gets done in a reasonable timeframe I'll launch a patreon then, and people can at least know what to expect because then they'd have multiple releases and dev cycles to gauge whether it's worth it or not. And then the patreon could build from there on a solid foundation of three good chapters (I hope).

I'm not trying to talk shit on devs who do or have done any of these things I've mentioned, it's worth saying. It's their business model, and if people want to give them money that's great, because it means more people will make more games. And, while some will be pretty bad and baffling as to how they make as much money as they do, plenty others will be legitimately great games that deserve the support so that the devs can see out their vision, whatever that may be.

(that ended up being a significantly longer reply than I thought it'd be. apologies. i have a bad habit of talking a lot/overexplaining in some of these replies)
No problem, I'm happy to see your thought on the subject. I do understand about the added time and content pressure that having a Patreon page will add to your workload.
I can't speak for everyone but I think that even posting an occasional render that you have spent time working on and are happy about, like the Ava render you posted the other day will be enough to please most people. Also just a weekly post to say that you are still working on the game and perhaps even give people some idea of how far along you are with an episode.
I'm really happy to hear that you have a long term creative vision for the game, I also feel like some devs seem to make things up as they go along. I meant more of something simple like even being torn of what outfit to put a LI in as you like a few different ones, rather than changing your story to suit your supporters.
At the end of the day it's up to you, you're already doing a great job and I for one appreciate your replies here and I really look forward to the next episode.

• Red Heart
Reactions: cicadaNGB

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
No problem, I'm happy to see your thought on the subject. I do understand about the added time and content pressure that having a Patreon page will add to your workload.
I can't speak for everyone but I think that even posting an occasional render that you have spent time working on and are happy about, like the Ava render you posted the other day will be enough to please most people. Also just a weekly post to say that you are still working on the game and perhaps even give people some idea of how far along you are with an episode.
I'm really happy to hear that you have a long term creative vision for the game, I also feel like some devs seem to make things up as they go along. I meant more of something simple like even being torn of what outfit to put a LI in as you like a few different ones, rather than changing your story to suit your supporters.
At the end of the day it's up to you, you're already doing a great job and I for one appreciate your replies here and I really look forward to the next episode.
Oh yeah I forgot that some do outfit picks as well. That's an interesting idea, to be fair, but I do think that you might risk slightly annoying people who keep losing the vote, though, even if it's not a big deal overall. I've seen a few here and there where the outfit I thought was the absolute worst won. Maybe I don't know shit about fashion, though

sac812

Mar 9, 2024
First off, I played your game for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed it, so please keep up the awesome work.

With regards to Patreon (and the paragraph above in particular), I respect the way you're approaching this and I think it's commendable. That said, I think you're selling yourself short a little, because it sounds a bit like you've fallen into the trap of viewing Patreon the way most people here do (at least from what I've seen) -- a third-party platform where people exchange money for products in a strictly commercial exchange. In that light, your hesitancy makes a lot of sense.

But I don't really think that was (or is) the purpose of Patreon, and I can tell you that not *everybody* looks at it that way. Patreon is primarily a conduit for *support* -- more like a Kickstarter, but for soft goods. It's for people who recognize that good products take time and energy to create, and if they get a glimpse of something they like, they are willing to INVEST in its continued development.

Investments don't always pay off. There's risk there. But as an investor, I'm doing it because 1) I have the means to do so and 2) I have interest/belief in the project. I go into it knowing that nothing is guaranteed and there are plenty of people across AVN Patreons with the same kind of mindset. The F95 crowd is great at collectively pounding their fists on the table demanding more, more, more for less (free), and sure there's a very vocal minority that be merciless if you don't update as efficiently as they'd like. But there's most definitely a market of rational, reasonable people who understand at least a little of what the creative process entails and would be willing to *invest* in your project.

I'm not saying it's a path to immediate riches, but if you're up front and honest about what you're willing/able to provide in return (uneven release schedules, no custom render requests etc.), you could put something up with just one support tier and I bet you'd find folks willing to buy in given the promise you've already shown. As your skills improve and the project progresses and you feel less pressure, then you could start dabbling in additional tiers/payoffs. Just my $0.02.

Granted, F95 is a very important piece of any marketing strategy, but it's not the be-all end-all, and it doesn't always reflect the needs and wishes of the rest of the marketplace. Do with that what you will. :)

Reactions: Justaphase

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
First off, I played your game for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I really enjoyed it, so please keep up the awesome work.

With regards to Patreon (and the paragraph above in particular), I respect the way you're approaching this and I think it's commendable. That said, I think you're selling yourself short a little, because it sounds a bit like you've fallen into the trap of viewing Patreon the way most people here do (at least from what I've seen) -- a third-party platform where people exchange money for products in a strictly commercial exchange. In that light, your hesitancy makes a lot of sense.

But I don't really think that was (or is) the purpose of Patreon, and I can tell you that not *everybody* looks at it that way. Patreon is primarily a conduit for *support* -- more like a Kickstarter, but for soft goods. It's for people who recognize that good products take time and energy to create, and if they get a glimpse of something they like, they are willing to INVEST in its continued development.

Investments don't always pay off. There's risk there. But as an investor, I'm doing it because 1) I have the means to do so and 2) I have interest/belief in the project. I go into it knowing that nothing is guaranteed and there are plenty of people across AVN Patreons with the same kind of mindset. The F95 crowd is great at collectively pounding their fists on the table demanding more, more, more for less (free), and sure there's a very vocal minority that be merciless if you don't update as efficiently as they'd like. But there's most definitely a market of rational, reasonable people who understand at least a little of what the creative process entails and would be willing to *invest* in your project.

I'm not saying it's a path to immediate riches, but if you're up front and honest about what you're willing/able to provide in return (uneven release schedules, no custom render requests etc.), you could put something up with just one support tier and I bet you'd find folks willing to buy in given the promise you've already shown. As your skills improve and the project progresses and you feel less pressure, then you could start dabbling in additional tiers/payoffs. Just my $0.02.

Granted, F95 is a very important piece of any marketing strategy, but it's not the be-all end-all, and it doesn't always reflect the needs and wishes of the rest of the marketplace. Do with that what you will. :)
Thanks for playing the game, glad you enjoyed it.

You make lots of valid points, and I'm in agreement with everything you said. Particularly with the point in that first paragraph. Definitely with regard to AVNs I've come to see patreon the way you described. I think it's because, short of selling a game on steam, patreon is kind of the primary way devs sell the game. But you are right that there are lots of people, probably way more than I'd have thought, who support in the way you describe. Appreciate the input, it's given me an extra perspective to consider moving forwards for when I do more seriously think about launching a patreon. Thanks!

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Finally managed to play chapter 2 and it definitely gets even better! There are a lot to like about this game. The obvious one is a lot of hot girls, but I also appreciate that even a character like Benji is still written well and not just completely becomes the typical obnoxious buddy like in many other games. In fact, I really appreciate that the frat boys are not annoying at all.

With so many girls in the game though, I do wonder who are definitely not going to have sexy time with MC.

Also, do we have a definite list of main LI?

• Red Heart
Reactions: cicadaNGB

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
Finally managed to play chapter 2 and it definitely gets even better! There are a lot to like about this game. The obvious one is a lot of hot girls, but I also appreciate that even a character like Benji is still written well and not just completely becomes the typical obnoxious buddy like in many other games. In fact, I really appreciate that the frat boys are not annoying at all.

With so many girls in the game though, I do wonder who are definitely not going to have sexy time with MC.

8 LIs - Bonnie, Bobbie, Tegan, Mia, Ava, Alice, Ellie, Imogen.

Can have sexy times with others too.

Reactions: Skylaroo

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023

So yeah see above for the 8 main LIs. But for an added piece of information, I've got 13 of the other girls with planned scenes, plus an extra 2 I want to make a scene for but haven't yet found an appropriate spot to add it in. This is all a bit subject to change, it's worth noting, but by the end of the game a decent amount of the girls will get a bit of time with the MC depending on what path you go down.
I'd say 10 of the side girls are locked in as options at least once, though, because I've already planned the story/conditions for their scenes. 3 are planned but I'm not 100% sure if it'll be right when the time I've planned it for arrives, so might get removed if I can't make it make sense. And yeah, 2 more that I'd want to make scenes for but haven't even got a plan for working them into the story at all yet, and wouldn't want to force it.

And thanks for playing ch2! I remember seeing your comments and questions from ch1 and during the development of ch2, so I'm happy to see the update didn't disappoint!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Skylaroo

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
So yeah see above for the 8 main LIs. But for an added piece of information, I've got 13 of the other girls with planned scenes, plus an extra 2 I want to make a scene for but haven't yet found an appropriate spot to add it in.
Whoa so in total there might be up to 15 other girls. What a FEAST this is going to be and I AM DEFINITELY COMING BACK :love:

(I'm also trying to think of who these other 15 girls are hmmm)

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
Whoa so in total there might be up to 15 other girls. What a FEAST this is going to be and I AM DEFINITELY COMING BACK :love:

(I'm also trying to think of who these other 15 girls are hmmm)
As things stand in my planning side girls mostly only get one or two scenes. And a lot is earlier in the story, before you'd have picked a main girl and things still make a bit more sense to be fucking around. But there's some in later chapters too for people who don't end up with a main girl. But these are the ones that are less planned out, because it's further away and things that aren't directly linked to the main story haven't been detailed as much yet.
For what it's worth, all of those 15 are in the game atm, though not all have been introduced (had speaking roles) yet. But yeah, there's going to be plenty of options for people who are so inclined.

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
And as a minor chapter 3 update, I've reached a little point in the story that's particularly pertinent for me, because it's an establishing narrative moment that's so fundamental to the rest of the game that it feels a little surreal to finally be working on it. It's nothing groundbreaking yet, but as I say it sets up/establishes so much moving forward, especially for a particular chapter in the future. As a little teaser, you're going to get a few more small hints on the MC's backstory in ch3, and people who have been paying attention might be able to piece a lot together once ch3 is out. We'll see.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Just tried this one out. Are all the lewd scenes seriously click for every single frame? (zero animation of any kind)
not every game needs animations as lewd scenes make up the smallest part of most AVN's and if you look you would see no animation tag.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Thanks for the kind words. Of course I was happy seeing new people pick the game up when I released ch2, but I won't pretend I don't get a little frustrated at times that the game doesn't seem to draw much intrigue from other places. I've received positive comments etc. on itch and, particularly, from you guys here, but of course I hope for more traction elsewhere, too. But, realistically, that's on me. Like you say, I'm going to keep at it, hopefully get ch3 out in a reasonable timeframe and then maybe some extra people will see I'm committed and serious about this shit and word will spread further, more people might give the game a chance.

But even just seeing those of you who've regularly posted in this thread since ch2 dropped (and those who were around before who had interesting comments) and reading what people have to say is one of the best things about making this game. But, like anyone I suppose, once you've got a little bit of something, it's natural to want more. Especially when you're creating something you, realistically, want a whole bunch of people to read. Hopefully like you say word will spread eventually, but until then I'm just going to work as hard as I reasonably can for those of you who are here already.
Hi...I'm not a fan of single path titles, but I would like to suggest putting more effort in you gene section. As it's part of the marketing package to sell your story (as well it's part of the audition stage for getting the interest of new potential fans). Many potential fans usually look for future tag's posted, to learn what content will be present, as well how some of controversial content will be handled (NTR, sharing, lesbian, swinging, futa, femdom, etc.). And if it will it be made an avoidable choice...where it can be prevented, not just skipped (skipped= still happens, but off camera). This can be very important information, ignoring it can limit what types of fans will follow your developing project.

Providing this kind of clear and easy to find information structure, can help generate and secure your title's popularity within the AVN market place.

Regards.

Reactions: Teddy 369

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
Hi...I'm not a fan of single path titles, but I would like to suggest putting more effort in you gene section. As it's part of the marketing package to sell your story (as well it's part of the audition stage for getting the interest of new potential fans). Many potential fans usually look for future tag's posted, to learn what content will be present, as well how some of controversial content will be handled (NTR, sharing, lesbian, swinging, futa, femdom, etc.). And if it will it be made an avoidable choice...where it can be prevented, not just skipped (skipped= still happens, but off camera). This can be very important information, ignoring it can limit what types of fans will follow your developing project.

Providing this kind of clear and easy to find information structure, can help generate and secure your title's popularity within the AVN market place.

Regards.
While I agree that the genre section is a bit basic atm, the tags that are on the game in the genre section at the moment weren't picked by me, they were added by the person who made the thread, or edited by a moderator or whoever. I've no input there. But they seem pretty representative of what's currently in the game, so I wouldn't necessarily change any of them (and I don't know what other tags there are that might be able to be added). But you are correct in theory that adding future tags would be worthwhile for people looking to maybe follow the game.

However, giving future tags isn't that easy. So for all my talk about having most of the game planned out, as far as the actual content of the sex scenes goes I've not really thought too far ahead, hence no future tags list anywhere. I'm not sure what sex scenes in chapter 7, for instance, might include. I can tell you which characters are going to have scenes in that chapter, but not what exactly will happen.

But from the start I've said most of the game will have choices and that people will be able to avoid things they're not into. As far as I can see nothing in the game will be particularly leaning into fetishes. It's going to stay pretty vanilla. But anything that I think would warrant a choice will have a choice so that people can avoid stuff if they want.

For what's it's worth, all of your example game's never being added tags can be applied here. There's not going to be any of that stuff here either. And a decent amount of the stuff in the example tags and planned tags probably won't make it here either. With regard to the sex content, it's going to be pretty basic, simple, vanilla, whatever you'd want to call it. Anyone playing this game focusing on the sexual side of things will be disappointed, because that's not the focus so it's going to be pretty straightforward and (for lack of a better word and not with intent of kink-shaming) normal.

(I am aware as far as financial support etc. goes, leaning into certain tags (fetishes) is the most efficient way of getting support (particularly financially) from people specifically looking for that sort of content. But I'm not going to add stuff into what I'm making just for more support, and I also don't want to lie to people and pretend that things are or will be in the game that won't).

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it when someone takes the time to provide something helpful like this. I'll take it on board moving forward. If I'd have known needing to plan and state future tags was this important from the start things would certainly have been a lot easier, that's for sure. But the overall point for those reading: shit's gonna stay pretty basic, pretty vanilla. If you're particularly into more hardcore fetishes, probably won't find them here. If you really like (or even don't mind) things basic and vanilla, then the sexual content here might work for you.

Reactions: MrBenny

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
While I agree that the genre section is a bit basic atm, the tags that are on the game in the genre section at the moment weren't picked by me, they were added by the person who made the thread, or edited by a moderator or whoever. I've no input there. But they seem pretty representative of what's currently in the game, so I wouldn't necessarily change any of them (and I don't know what other tags there are that might be able to be added). But you are correct in theory that adding future tags would be worthwhile for people looking to maybe follow the game.

However, giving future tags isn't that easy. So for all my talk about having most of the game planned out, as far as the actual content of the sex scenes goes I've not really thought too far ahead, hence no future tags list anywhere. I'm not sure what sex scenes in chapter 7, for instance, might include. I can tell you which characters are going to have scenes in that chapter, but not what exactly will happen.

But from the start I've said most of the game will have choices and that people will be able to avoid things they're not into. As far as I can see nothing in the game will be particularly leaning into fetishes. It's going to stay pretty vanilla. But anything that I think would warrant a choice will have a choice so that people can avoid stuff if they want.

For what's it's worth, all of your example game's never being added tags can be applied here. There's not going to be any of that stuff here either. And a decent amount of the stuff in the example tags and planned tags probably won't make it here either. With regard to the sex content, it's going to be pretty basic, simple, vanilla, whatever you'd want to call it. Anyone playing this game focusing on the sexual side of things will be disappointed, because that's not the focus so it's going to be pretty straightforward and (for lack of a better word and not with intent of kink-shaming) normal.

(I am aware as far as financial support etc. goes, leaning into certain tags (fetishes) is the most efficient way of getting support (particularly financially) from people specifically looking for that sort of content. But I'm not going to add stuff into what I'm making just for more support, and I also don't want to lie to people and pretend that things are or will be in the game that won't).

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it when someone takes the time to provide something helpful like this. I'll take it on board moving forward. If I'd have known needing to plan and state future tags was this important from the start things would certainly have been a lot easier, that's for sure. But the overall point for those reading: shit's gonna stay pretty basic, pretty vanilla. If you're particularly into more hardcore fetishes, probably won't find them here. If you really like (or even don't mind) things basic and vanilla, then the sexual content here might work for you.
For the most part, it's the big five that people want to know before they start playing. NTR, Harem, Sharing/Swinging, FUTA, Forced/Avoidable stuff. Those are pretty easy to know if you plan on adding (albeit, you can change your mind). There's also lesbian and Femdom, which you may or may not know or decided yet, which makes it a bit harder. You often see Devs without future tags, putting notices in the OP like "There will be no NTR or Sharing in this game." or "This is NOT a harem game". Some Devs like to say, I can't tell you if it's got NTR cause I don't want to spoil anything. That is going to cost players and in my opinion not a spoiler.

In saying that, this is not a reflection upon you, I have you found you very helpful and communicative since you started. It's more a comment about what I see around the threads, that the majority of people are looking for.

MrDianhelo

Aug 6, 2024

Do you consider anal vanilla? I hope so :HideThePain:

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
Do you consider anal vanilla? I hope so :HideThePain:
Honest answer? It's going to depend on the girl. I'd be lying if I said I'd planned for each girl to have an anal scene. But it will be an option in some circumstances. But I'll be honest don't expect a lot of it

cicadaNGB

Apr 28, 2023
For the most part, it's the big five that people want to know before they start playing. NTR, Harem, Sharing/Swinging, FUTA, Forced/Avoidable stuff. Those are pretty easy to know if you plan on adding (albeit, you can change your mind). There's also lesbian and Femdom, which you may or may not know or decided yet, which makes it a bit harder. You often see Devs without future tags, putting notices in the OP like "There will be no NTR or Sharing in this game." or "This is NOT a harem game". Some Devs like to say, I can't tell you if it's got NTR cause I don't want to spoil anything. That is going to cost players and in my opinion not a spoiler.

In saying that, this is not a reflection upon you, I have you found you very helpful and communicative since you started. It's more a comment about what I see around the threads, that the majority of people are looking for.
Yeah the NTR thing is interesting because originally I didn't really want to comment on it because a plot line of ch1 and 2 was Mia and Chase, and obviously Chase's whole persona is a bit based on you maybe believing he's done something with Mia. So telling people that main LIs won't do anything with anyone else kind of killed all tension regarding that plotline, for those who saw that information at least. But I quickly realized that people just straight don't play games with NTR, so I kind of had to make the point that this doesn't have any of that. So I can see both sides.
Most devs (particularly those who are making a story focused game) probably want people to play blind, spoiler free, and with an open mind (to what could happen to the story, the characters etc.). But you've got to compromise sometimes. Do I have an ideal way I'd want everyone to play through the game? Yeah, of course. But the most important thing is that people enjoy themselves.

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
Yeah the NTR thing is interesting because originally I didn't really want to comment on it because a plot line of ch1 and 2 was Mia and Chase, and obviously Chase's whole persona is a bit based on you maybe believing he's done something with Mia. So telling people that main LIs won't do anything with anyone else kind of killed all tension regarding that plotline, for those who saw that information at least. But I quickly realized that people just straight don't play games with NTR, so I kind of had to make the point that this doesn't have any of that. So I can see both sides.
Most devs (particularly those who are making a story focused game) probably want people to play blind, spoiler free, and with an open mind (to what could happen to the story, the characters etc.). But you've got to compromise sometimes. Do I have an ideal way I'd want everyone to play through the game? Yeah, of course. But the most important thing is that people enjoy themselves.
That's perfectly understandable. I can see where saying there is no NTR in your instance does actually kill a plot line you'd like to keep hidden at the start. It would be difficult in your position, because people will just flat out not play if you confirm there is, or refuse to confirm whether there is or there isn't. (Although once the first group reach that point, they will share with others what did or didn't happen anyway). :)

4.10 star(s) 7 Votes