FinderX

Jan 15, 2018
Is there a posibility to enter the nodes like res://scenes_places/scene_sala.tscn or /root/Job Scene 3/ ???

Because this game stuck very often, and aside of all the bug has potencial to be a great game.

someguy42

Jun 24, 2019
Biggest problem: Having to click through A LOT of stuff to get to the wardrobe in your room. And then click back to where you've been. Can't you just allow changing clothes in the wardrobe menu?

IGP

Jul 2, 2017
Anyone have news .. Does haver the new update Not my Body: New Build, Build 37.25

Last edited:

Irishcrackpot

Aug 6, 2017
1691003955612.png 1691003971153.png

Not my Body: New Build, Build 37.25 - HOTFIX!

The 37.25 build apparently broke the game completely so he added a hotfix that's what the download link is.

Build 37.25
  • Added new quest, "More than weights!", this quest is from the Gym Instructor job, Aisha will help a woman with her routines. This quest unlocks the job "Personal Trainer"
  • Added the "Personal Trainer" job, to get this job you need to have fitness at level 7, two scenes are added, for the two women that Aisha will be working with.
Build 37.24
  • A new quest was added "A bad cop", to trigger the quest you need to finish "A family man" quest first. And you will need the Hound too, so "Hauling the Hound" has to be finished too.
  • The new quest added to the gallery.
  • Fixed some bugs about items that I found.

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
The style is black and white to help reach two objectives, one, give a manga/comic feel of the game, two, get a old atmosphere like an old horror tale.​

third, coloring is a pain and I don’t feel like it :LOL:

sarlim1608

Aug 25, 2020
Fucking hell, he's being doing this for years, how can he be THIS incompetent as a dev and coder? Everything new in this update is broken.
i really like this game, ART for me is amazing, but i agree with you, every new update more and more bug come, i've already helped a lot sending saves and reporting bugs.

I believe this occur because two points:
- game engine for this project;
- lack of professionals (lonely man);

Ronia

Sep 12, 2018
It makes all kinds of sense. Solo project; if you want to produce any meaningful amount of new content then bug hunting and fixing can't be prioritized. It's not at all uncommon to leave bugs unfixed until you're closer to a finished game. If he'd done the opposite we would have people complaining that there was never any new content. I don't begrudge him that choice. But that doesn't mean it isn't frustrating as fuck to try to play the game in its current state. And I am worried that he might call the game finished without doing a few thorough bug fixing patches at the very end.

No one finds it fun to hunt and fix bugs. And while pushing that entire process in front of you until the very end can be a valid approach, I can't imagine the amount of willpower it would take to do all that extremely frustrating work after all the fun stuff is done. Especially when you're the only one working on the project and paid monthly. There's no incentive to finish the project properly since you already got most of the payment you are going to get. But time will tell.

sarlim1608

Aug 25, 2020
It makes all kinds of sense. Solo project; if you want to produce any meaningful amount of new content then bug hunting and fixing can't be prioritized. It's not at all uncommon to leave bugs unfixed until you're closer to a finished game. If he'd done the opposite we would have people complaining that there was never any new content. I don't begrudge him that choice. But that doesn't mean it isn't frustrating as fuck to try to play the game in its current state. And I am worried that he might call the game finished without doing a few thorough bug fixing patches at the very end.

No one finds it fun to hunt and fix bugs. And while pushing that entire process in front of you until the very end can be a valid approach, I can't imagine the amount of willpower it would take to do all that extremely frustrating work after all the fun stuff is done. Especially when you're the only one working on the project and paid monthly. There's no incentive to finish the project properly since you already got most of the payment you are going to get. But time will tell.
Exactly! solo project can be tough some times, you need to put a lot of efforts in a lot of parts, like art, coding, bug fix, writing and more and more the project become bigger, more complex its turn itself.

and he have 2 solo projects on going, this game and the Lycan.

i dont know if he have another means of financing, but if i can remember he just have 2k USD on patreon montly.

Compare with DarkCookie have 200k USD montly and has been 3 years or more the backers are waiting for the tech update on the Summertime Saga.

kenny

Aug 5, 2016
Yeah, well, maybe more people would be inclined to donate if his game wasn't a broken barely playable mess. No one is going to be inclined to join his patreon when his experience with a game is loading back and getting stuck due to game breaking bugs. And I don't believe it's an issue of workload, he just doesn't care. The monday bug existed for over a year until it got "fixed" (I still caught it after the supposed fix), and I am convinced it was purely an issue of not putting much thought into edge cases of an if clause. He spends much more time on art (as evident by how much it improved from the game start) than code, and it shows, but it means little when you have a 50% of seeing it.

Rabcor

Sep 6, 2022
i really like this game, ART for me is amazing, but i agree with you, every new update more and more bug come, i've already helped a lot sending saves and reporting bugs.

I believe this occur because two points:
- game engine for this project;
- lack of professionals (lonely man);
There is nothing wrong with the game engine, godot is one of the best engines out there for 2D games (it's viable for 3D too, but it has a few serious problems in that area), it's also one of the easiest game engines to learn and use; Although this particular dev would probably have been better served with Ren'Py, which is even easier and perfectly suited for this kind of project.

Personally if I was making this kind of project I'd probably also use Godot, but it demands just a little bit more programming competency from the developer than ren'py does; plenty of devs manage to cock up the code in ren'py games too though, even if that's actually legit hard to do.

That all said, a game should not, indeed be a buggy mess, especially not features from recent updates, if they are it, more than anything, points to lack of testing.

The developer is clearly a very good artist but not quite as good a programmer. It's written all over the game, it's weirdly packaged (entire game in one exe, no experienced dev does this), pretty much all the bugs are the kind that should be easily resolved, a typo here, a bad reference there... It could be many of the problems even happen as a result of the binary packaging (especially if he tested the game and it worked properly in the godot editor)

This game is good, and fun, but all the bugs where the game freezes or crashes when you try to go down certain paths, effectively closing off sections of the game, are holding it back a lot. These are the kinds of issues that after encountering them during testing I'd solve in minutes each if I were making this. It's a shame the code isn't open source really, because if it was I might actually try to do just that, this game deserves it.

sarlim1608

Aug 25, 2020
There is nothing wrong with the game engine, godot is one of the best engines out there for 2D games (it's viable for 3D too, but it has a few serious problems in that area), it's also one of the easiest game engines to learn and use; Although this particular dev would probably have been better served with Ren'Py, which is even easier and perfectly suited for this kind of project.

Personally if I was making this kind of project I'd probably also use Godot, but it demands just a little bit more programming competency from the developer than ren'py does; plenty of devs manage to cock up the code in ren'py games too though, even if that's actually legit hard to do.

That all said, a game should not, indeed be a buggy mess, especially not features from recent updates, if they are it, more than anything, points to lack of testing.

The developer is clearly a very good artist but not quite as good a programmer. It's written all over the game, it's weirdly packaged (entire game in one exe, no experienced dev does this), pretty much all the bugs are the kind that should be easily resolved, a typo here, a bad reference there... It could be many of the problems even happen as a result of the binary packaging (especially if he tested the game and it worked properly in the godot editor)

This game is good, and fun, but all the bugs where the game freezes or crashes when you try to go down certain paths, effectively closing off sections of the game, are holding it back a lot. These are the kinds of issues that after encountering them during testing I'd solve in minutes each if I were making this. It's a shame the code isn't open source really, because if it was I might actually try to do just that, this game deserves it.

The developer is clearly a very good artist but not quite as good a programmer.

This, this perfectly describes the artist and the entire development of the game.
I really believe that if he had someone else who could help him with the coding part of the game while he was focused on the plot and art of the game, he would have even gotten more patreons by now.

Reactions: Rabcor
3.40 star(s) 40 Votes