osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I haven't start playing the game that much but I missed out on one key detail of the MC i'd like to clarify here.

Is the MC primary job being a psychologist on his friend's company or is his primary job being a lecturer on that university?
Is the MC a lecturer?

Is his friend a lecturer on that university too? How is his friend's company integrated to the university in the first place?
MC is not a lecturer and has never been a lecturer.
Some unspecified number of years ago he was a student at the University, and Emma was taking the same major so was often in his classes.
MC is now working as a "sports psychologist" for a company named Neural Fitness that is affiliated with the university.
The company was started by his friend Jamie who was also at the university at the same time as MC, although studying a different major.
Jamie's father is on the board of the university and the company was formed partly via those political connections.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
These kind of posts are also important, I don't think there's a need to facepalm them. It's true, this is a slow burn VN, that deals with slice-of-life moments. Anyone looking just for lewd scene after lewd scene, can read that post and save themselves a download.

People look for all kinds of different games, and, thankfully, there's a huge variety on offer here to please everyone.

And 1st impressions are important. I've also closed games after just 5 mins before. For whatever reason, they just didn't click with *me*. I'm not surprised the same also happens with someone else starting my game.

As for the skill system, it's only used before each lewd scenes to let players decide which kinks they want to see. The first time it happens is at the end of chapter 1 when deciding to be more rough in the sex scene with Emma, or be more submissive and let her take charge (or not have sex with her at all, if neither of those options is appealing to you: all lewd scenes are optional).
I just finished playing it

The quality of the second and third chapter ramps up compared to the first chapter. I like where the game is going.

Keep making the game true to your vision, and in a year or a year and a half, more people would come to appreciate the game even more because it offered something different with the artsy shots, and keep it a bit more interesting at times with the guessing game mechanic.

Reactions: osanaiko

jujuman101

Sep 25, 2019
I got to where you can start having a relationship with Jen but I am wonder is if I choose not to be a dom will it lead to her not wanting to be with the MC or will lead to her becoming a dom or will it simply be just vanilla content?

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Just finished playing Chapter 4, I think this is it. This ch. 1-4 is enough to entice more players to try this game. Ch.4 end serves as a good bookend to the first part of the game as well.

MrSilverLust perhaps even consider putting season 1 on steam to increase the player base. Though I understand if you feel a complete game would be better than a small bit.

I only know BaDIK and City of Broken Dreamers that does partial game on steam.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Just finished playing Chapter 4, I think this is it. This ch. 1-4 is enough to entice more players to try this game. Ch.4 end serves as a good bookend to the first part of the game as well.

MrSilverLust perhaps even consider putting season 1 on steam to increase the player base. Though I understand if you feel a complete game would be better than a small bit.

I only know BaDIK and City of Broken Dreamers that does partial game on steam.
I’m glad you enjoyed. As far as I know, lunching on Steam requires a lot of work. I’m not interested in spending my time doing that right now.

I also hope that I’ll afford a top a level render machine before the game is finished, and can add more and better animations to all the sex scenes. This would be for something like a “Deluxe” edition, that I could then release also on Steam. But those are things to think about in the future.

Crap, and i unsubscribed in june cause i thought it might be abandoned since it took so long. Ah well.
You have already supported the game’s development with more than €20. As explained and , you’ll soon get an itch.io key that will grant you permanent access to this and all future updates of the game, even if you’re not pledging on patreon anymore. I think that’s the only fair way to treat old patrons like you, which I'm thankful for having supported me, and think deserve to be properly compensated for that.

I just need to fix some bugs on this version (patrons are still playing and giving feedback, one bug has already been found), put it on sale on itch, and figure out an easy way to automatically generate and send the keys to everyone that already pledged a total amount of at least €20. Just give me a few days to process that, I'm sorry that this might take longer than I'd like this first time around. Once the machine is up and running, I’m hoping that everything will work more smoothly in future updates.

Once I have all of this working, anyone with an itch key (could be ex-patrons or people that will soon be able to buy the game on itch with just a one-time payment), will always get access to the newer updates just a couple days after they are released on Patreon.

Does the mc and the feminist friend make up in this update and get on with more hate sex
I got to where you can start having a relationship with Jen but I am wonder is if I choose not to be a dom will it lead to her not wanting to be with the MC or will lead to her becoming a dom or will it simply be just vanilla content?
Some of this is already answered in chapter 4, some is still up in the air. I think part of the fun of the game is learning and exploring kinks with a LI, so I won’t spoil my plans for Emma or Jen in the future.

Last edited:

pantypriv

Oct 9, 2021
One time payment gets you itch key?
Sign me up then! :)
Not comfortable with being a patreon, but it would be good to support great work like this.

And I actually like the renders/art style, its kinda different from other devs, though perhaps certain sequences could do with an update.
Looking forward to more time with Emma!
Will the won/lost bet have its consequences (soon)?

Reactions: HunterSeeker

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
One time payment gets you itch key?
That's the idea, once everything is setup. As said above, that'll still take a few more days.

Looking forward to more time with Emma!
Will the won/lost bet have its consequences (soon)?
There's a lot of chapter 4 devoted to that.

Just finished chapter 4. Best content I have played this year. Took me around 3-4 hours. Was totally worth the waiting time!:)
Glad to hear that. It’s always a bit nerve wrecking releasing a new chapter, but so far the reception has been good :)

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
MrSilverLust any chance Jen joins the candidates and beats Nepo in future updates? He needs to be stopped.
I’m afraid no one can stop Nepo anymore, he’s legs ahead of everyone else at this point.
But she wouldn’t do worse than Fabi, Ding or Firouzja…

She ends up second in the candidates, Magnus gets bored and renounces the chance to defend the title against Nepo a 2nd time, she plays the world chess championship match against Nepo, wins, and becomes the first woman world champion.

I just spoiled the whole 2nd part of the game.

(now replace Jen with Nakamura and laugh when all of that comes true)

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
Pledged and played 0.4 and man o man, it is such a good update. Everyone had a lot of screen time and it felt so smooth. Nothing was really forced this update.

If anyone is considering pledging, do so. This game has become one of my favorites and will get my support at every release!

Best of luck to the dev!

Axel F

Apr 30, 2021
As explained and , you’ll soon get an itch.io key that will grant you permanent access to this and all future updates of the game, even if you’re not pledging on patreon anymore.
I like the game and i don't mind supporting stuff that i like. But maybe more frequent, like half chapter updates won't scare short-fused and impatient people like me away, and maybe will attract even more supporters. Just a thought, your game, your strategy.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I’m glad you enjoyed. As far as I know, lunching on Steam requires a lot of work. I’m not interested in spending my time doing that right now.

I also hope that I’ll afford a top a level render machine before the game is finished, and can add more and better animations to all the sex scenes. This would be for something like a “Deluxe” edition, that I could then release also on Steam. But those are things to think about in the future.

You have already supported the game’s development with more than €20. As explained and , you’ll soon get an itch.io key that will grant you permanent access to this and all future updates of the game, even if you’re not pledging on patreon anymore. I think that’s the only fair way to treat old patrons like you, which I'm thankful for having supported me, and think deserve to be properly compensated for that.

I just need to fix some bugs on this version (patrons are still playing and giving feedback, one bug has already been found), put it on sale on itch, and figure out an easy way to automatically generate and send the keys to everyone that already pledged a total amount of at least €20. Just give me a few days to process that, I'm sorry that this might take longer than I'd like this first time around. Once the machine is up and running, I’m hoping that everything will work more smoothly in future updates.

Once I have all of this working, anyone with an itch key (could be ex-patrons or people that will soon be able to buy the game on itch with just a one-time payment), will always get access to the newer updates just a couple days after they are released on Patreon.

Some of this is already answered in chapter 4, some is still up in the air. I think part of the fun of the game is learning and exploring kinks with a LI, so I won’t spoil my plans for Emma or Jen in the future.
I don't know much about the AVN world yet, I'm really new, but if I may offer my perspective, the most important thing for a game to rise to the top-tier of patreon number is the number of players that knows about the game.

Once more people knows about the game, I would imagine the number of download reaches some sort of "escape velocity" before it likely plateaued. I don't know whether this game has captured the eyes of the AVN player base yet or not (you have a better view of it from DL number), but once it has captured the eye of the player base, I would like to offer an opinion below from consumers pov.

The second most important thing for patreon number increase is not actually quality. It's the "constant anticipation of what's next". Reasonably short update cycle being one of the ways to achieve that.

I would view AVN as a niche genre with small player base (compared to total number of gamers), and yet there are so many games being developed, and other games being a competitor for players attention.

Many games are either abandoned or have long update cycle. And because of the long period between update, it could make said game loses the attention of the players (because there are so many games out there, and other forms of entertainment).

There is a clash between devs view and players view where players wants a complete game, while devs needs higher patreon numbers so that continuing developing the game becomes sustainable.

The bridge between the 2 views I think is by keeping players hooked through short-ish update cycle.

Of course the game should not be crap and uninteresting. It should be reasonably good, but once it reaches the threshold of being "reasonably good", I think a consistent and short-ish update cycle to then get the game developed into completion would be better for a developer brand than making a near-perfect game (from the dev view) that then might have to be dropped because people just lose interest and patreon number dwindling because of it.

Once a game reached the above "escape velocity" of being known, I really don't think the casual players would wait more than 2-something years for a game to finished, and that in itself is already a stretch (1,5 years being ideal). Over 3 and a half years is just unthinkable to me.

I'm writing this to say that your game has unique hook to it.

First off the artsy direction makes it stand out and then there is also the points system. Just these 2 things makes this game crosses over the "reasonably good" threshold. This game is really good.

However, there is so many games and so many being abandoned that I think, as a player I would rather play a chapter once every 3-4 months with subpar animation and yet being constantly hooked by "what's next". For me, that is the anticipation of reading what else you would write and how you would tie it to pop psychology.

While from devs POV, spending time to polish the game and make the animation better looks like an ideal workflow, I think from my own perspective as a player, a constant and short-esque update cycle would benefit the devs more in terms of Patreon numbers.

Since I'm new to the AVN world, I'm not sure if me being hooked on the story aspect is a minority/outlier view or whether it represents the average players but, for me I play AVN games to go through the story. The quality of the adult animations is probably tertiary, if not lower than that. It's about the script first.

And yet from the development perspective, I read that one of the most time-consuming process is animating scenes. I honestly think the the time spent on animating adult scenes would be better spent on developing better story scenarios, or branches, with the aim of making the game chapters updates in a short-ish timeframe.

Sorry for the long post, I just feel I want to play your game through completion and yet I also do see the reality that the number of patrons is an extremely major factor to developers sustainability of continuing the game.

I don't want to experience the heartbreak of seeing this game gets abandoned, but I'm aware that that really depends on patreon numbers and that is why I wrote this post to you.

Last edited:

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
But maybe more frequent, like half chapter updates won't scare short-fused and impatient people like me away, and maybe will attract even more supporters. Just a thought, your game, your strategy.
I don't know much about the AVN world yet, I'm really new, but if I may offer my perspective, the most important thing for a game to rise to the top-tier of patreon number is the number of players that knows about the game.
Yup, more frequent updates would also help getting more support from people that just subscribe on release months to get the update and then cancel.

And would also get the game more times featured in the newest updates lists of big pirate sites like this one, which is always a big boost of visibility for projects that are not yet well known, like this one.

Money wise, I have little doubts that it would be a better strategy.

The second most important thing for patreon number increase is not actually quality. It's the "constant anticipation of what's next". Reasonably short update cycle being one of the ways to achieve that.
That’s where bigger updates get their strength from.

The story should stop at impactful moments where it creates that anticipation for what comes next, instead of at just some arbitrary point.

For example, this update made more sense to have the whole holidays in a single chapter, instead of stopping at some point that’s just not impactful. Most lewd scenes are also in the second half of the week, which could mean releasing an update with very little sexual content, or change the story to better split the sexual content, which, in my opinion would negatively impact the quality of the update.

Also, more frequent updates give me less room of maneuver to go back and chance an earlier scene to better set up a later one. I do this all the time while developing a chapter, but can’t change scenes in previous chapters because it would likely break save compatibility. The more room of maneuver there is, the better the game becomes.

However, there is so many games and so many being abandoned that I think, as a player I would rather play a chapter once every 3-4 months with subpar animation and yet being constantly hooked by "what's next". For me, that is the anticipation of reading what else you would write and how you would tie it to pop psychology.
That was the idea. This chapter got a bit out of hand because there was not a good earlier point to stop. Still, it got a development time form February to June - 5 months - just one more than what I would like. A tipical chapter, a bit shorter, should take those 4 months to develop. Although, complexity tends to increase with more paths added, which also increse development time.

And yet from the development perspective, I read that one of the most time-consuming process is animating scenes. I honestly think the the time spent on animating adult scenes would be better spent on developing better story scenarios, or branches, with the aim of making the game chapters updates in a short-ish timeframe.
Agree. That’s why this chapter had no animations, there was simply no time for that with the old laptop I have. That’s also why I said I’d prefer to, once the game is finished, go back and add animations to make a “Deluxe” version and release it on steam or whatever. But after the game is done. That way, development time is not further increased.

Sorry for the long post, I just feel I want to play your game through completion and yet I also do see the reality that the number of patrons is an extremely major factor to developers sustainability of continuing the game.
For games that started around mine, I think we are doing well in patron numbers. At least I’m happy. At the 5th of July it will make 1 year since the release of the game. I had around 8 chapters planed (it can change a bit, dependent on how big each chapter is), so, roughly half of the game is done. Maybe next year by this time we’ll be celebrating the release of the full game.

Last edited:

???????????

Jun 12, 2018
So is there a date on when the update will release publicly? I'm looking foward to more Jen content on the duo sub route.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I'm still playing this superb update, but I already wanted to write few things.

Typos:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I got an errors too:
I got another 2 during same scene.

Scenes I particularly enjoyed (for now):

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Yup, more frequent updates would also help getting more support from people that just subscribe on release months to get the update and then cancel.
I'm looking forward to the next year, year and a half then!

Your game's artsy direction offer something that is unique to any other games I've played so far. And I've played enough number of the top tier ones by this point.

Eventually I'm hoping your game would be listed on steam just because, however small it is, it would be a passive income and exposure to new players that doesn't regularly visit (or know about) f95zone or patreon.
I don't actually know about f95zone until fairly recently myself.

4.60 star(s) 163 Votes