MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Any update on progress on discord or the like? Last post on patreon (may 8th) didn't bode well...
I don’t have a discord. Patreon is basically the only places I give "official" info (also on Itch, but is basically repeating Patreon), although I’m also quite active here and I’m always happy to answer questions. But yeah, this update is being a tough one to crack and taking more time than my earlier predictions said. Sorry for that.

May is obviously out of the question by now, but I’m hopeful it’ll come out later in June.

Just played this. Great story. And awesome chess commentary as well, hope we get more of that!

A question about the future of the game. I'm not after spoilers to the story, more in general what to expect. How much negative consequences to our actions can we expect depending on our choices? I'm thinking things like actually getting caught having sex in public. And some of the kinks in the game can have pretty severe consequences if you aren't careful (bondage gone wrong, humiliation gone too far leaving mental scars, MC screwing up some other way and so on). Then we also have pursuing Jen would likely lose him his psychology license, or at the very least giving Kim further blackmail material.
I’ve already tried to make something like that with Emma’s and Deb’s first scenes, where pursuing those kinks/scenes backfires in different ways. I say "try" because it’s a bit difficult to make any true lasting consequences very early on due to the branching it’d cause. So, even though the player will end up roughly in the same place, it (I hope) still feels like the MC is paying a price for those choices and they have some emotional impact.

In general, I think that’s what makes stories more interesting: for anything a character wants, there should be a price to pay when they get it.

Ianuda

Nov 14, 2020
Saw this game a year ago, but for some reason never got to playing back then. Now I have tried it... not to upset all the glowing reviews, I must say that my initial impression of this game paints it as a painful normie simulator. Normie music, normie friends, normie conversations. The game is indeed psychologically deep, however - it made me appreciate my loneliness much more. And the locations are so IRL - bar, gym, therapist office, ew.

But yeah, a piece of constructive criticism - try to make your game interesting from the beginning, I'm bored out of my mind. (And no, I don't mean intercourse, ew.)

Ianuda

Nov 14, 2020
What would you prefer that is "not normie"?
Karlsson's Gambit starts out in a prison. That captures my attention immediately. This, however, looks like The Matrix 4's beginning, really drawn out.

(Although take my words with a grain of salt, I rarely ever play single-player games, apparently, my attention span is too short, lmao. Not that I want hentai scenes in the first minute, mind you, just make it more exciting. Pro tip - adding the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. intro music in the intro for the artsy feel doesn't make it less depressing.)

(Alright, you can disregard my critique, the game probably gets really good after the first 5 hours, see you in a year.)

Reactions: osanaiko and MrD812

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
@lanuda I wasn't trying to be negative, I genuinely wanted to know what you meant. I understood that "normie" was used in comparison to "alternative", like punks and emos and skaters and "opposite of mainstream suburbia and bubblegum pop-songs and sitcoms". But I wasn't sure...

EDIT: Karlsons Gambit looks pretty wild. :giggle::alien:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vleder and Ianuda

lnppo

Jun 23, 2018
Karlsson's Gambit starts out in a prison. That captures my attention immediately. This, however, looks like The Matrix 4's beginning, really drawn out.

(Although take my words with a grain of salt, I rarely ever play single-player games, apparently, my attention span is too short, lmao. Not that I want hentai scenes in the first minute, mind you, just make it more exciting. Pro tip - adding the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. intro music in the intro for the artsy feel doesn't make it less depressing.)

(Alright, you can disregard my critique, the game probably gets really good after the first 5 hours, see you in a year.)
I think the game is supposed to be grounded so starting out with a massive orgy or a bunch of explosions wouldn't really match the tone of the rest of the game.
I guess the story could start out with the MC in prison with him narrating how he got there and then "one year earlier" and the normal game begins. I don't really like the "starting at the end of the story" narrative hook though.

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017

This game is surely something for people with longer attention spans and not ideal for people looking for a quick fap. Seeing your review you got that after some time. Good that you didn't quit too early. ;)

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Well deserved! Even if MrSilverLust does a great job to begin with, there's nothing like having a native speaker perfecting things in a good text. So, thanks for that.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
NIF is one of my favourites, I've not come across another game with such dedication to creating characters with believable personalities and motivations. It's just so clever. MrSilverLust is doing a fantastic job and I'm happy to just be able to help add a little polish to his already excellent story writing.

I hope MrSilverLust doesn't mind me talking about other projects in his thread, but I do enjoy talking about my work.

Regarding the other games listed in my signature, you can probably see a commonality of type in the games on which I choose to volunteer: they all put the story first, and each is being created by a developer with a dedication to quality and a strong vision.

Three of the five creators are also working in a language other than their native tongues, which I both greatly respect and am glad of the opportunity that affords me to assist in the "localization" process.

Inner Demons is a bit of a different beast from the others, and GrayTShirt was one of the first developers to take a chance on me and accept my help. The story is wild and full of a crazy energy and passion, different to the others which are more like mysteries or thrillers. The larger than life (in more than one way!) characters are great fun when writing dialogue.

Anyway, thankyou for the kind words!

Reactions: Vleder

Downbadguy95

May 28, 2022
Ok I was just wondering which trait works the best for our favor so I could put the highest amount of points on them. Is it cunning, sensitive, honourable or manly ?

Last edited:

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
Ok so I was just wondering which trait works the best for our favor so I could put the highest amount of points on them. Is it cunning, sensitive, honourable or manly.
Answer questions and choose options to your best interest or preference. Buy points only when necessary.
Refer to these posts for more info: https://f95zone.to/threads/nothing-is-forever-v0-3-2-mrsilverlust.87506/post-7735722 and https://f95zone.to/threads/nothing-is-forever-v0-3-2-mrsilverlust.87506/post-7754575.

4.60 star(s) 163 Votes