mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
In that email he says "we." I thought this was a solo project, has he gotten some help?
ILS Productions is the company and Kinderfeld is the main man. The company releases the product and Kinderfeld works for the company. If there are any additional help, the company can pay those people.

Reactions: thorin0815

clamp360

Apr 29, 2020
ILS Productions is the company and Kinderfeld is the main man. The company releases the product and Kinderfeld works for the company. If there are any additional help, the company can pay those people.
Do you know if any such people exist? If so, what do they do?

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner copy.jpg

Chapter Twenty-four (0.24.0) Update #2
SPOILER WARNING: As with the previous update, there are spoilery images posted below. Back out if you haven't seen the end of Ch23 and romanced Sydney in Ch16.

Here we are, arm-deep in the current build. Let me tell you that this is one of the more complex chapters to date. Because of the need to juggle two separate scenarios that overlap at multiple shared points, we're going to have our hands full in the testing phase. Throw in two points (depending on which arc you're on) where you have to choose which person to hang out with and there's a lot to see here that players won't get in one play-through.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

With the recently-announced , I'm certain some of you are curious as to how the schedule is going to play out. Here is the plan (baring unforeseen complications):
  • Release Ch24 of Now & Then (0.24.0)
  • Release Ch25 of Now & Then (0.25.0)
  • Release the Endings for Now & Then (0.26.0) - Yes, this needs its own release. Hell, we've been working on it in our downtime between releases for months now and already have 600 renders and almost 100 animations and we're not even halfway done.
  • Release 0.01.0 of The Interim Domain.
  • At some point, release the Final build of Now & Then, which will involve a clean-up of the code, some re-shoots, and bonus content (like the Chapter Select screen below).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for your support and interest,
-Kinderfeld

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Do you know if any such people exist? If so, what do they do?
If you are asking if there are other people outside of Kinderfeld as part of ILS? I don't know, I am not a member of the company. I just asked him about it once when he switched the game from Kinderfeld to ILS Productions (like in Chapter 4). He might get some help from others, I don't get paid for the WT, so it is none of my business how he sets up his company.

Feb 1, 2019
So, I don't know how but I never played the game until recently ... Hell I never heard of it but I have to be honest now, that's a fucking masterpiece. I came for the fap, stayed for the story. And in the last chapters, we're having a lot of more actions (I mean the sexual ones) and that's even better. I can't wait for the next update !

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Thank you for the timely and masterful update. Seriously, loved all of it.
Even more thank you for bringing Sidney back into the story! I was always pissed that I wasn't offered a path to keep her close. Now she's back, with a solid reason to tell me about her true, if late occurring feelings.

Awesome update! Makes me ever so much sadder that soon this story will close. That said you're writing one hell of an amazing VN.

Hard to wait for the next update, but I'm certain you'll continue to exceed expectations.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Here's the release schedule for 0.24.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3 - January 18, 2022
Tier 2 -
January 20, 2022
Tier 1 -
January 22, 2022
Public -
January 23, 2022
Change Log 0.24.0
  • Added Chapter 24
  • Fixed minor typos
  • Fix missing flag while having relations with Carol in Ch23
  • Fix missing flag while confiding in Naomi in Ch23
  • Fix incorrect flag while talking with Alice about Ted in Ch23
  • Fix a string code that makes you have no shower visitors in Ch21 when both Carol and Naomi have the same love points.
  • Fixed an errant tag that gives Alice the Lover flag in Ch20Added Chapter 23
  • Fixed minor typos
Thanks for your patronage and hope you enjoy,
- Kinderfeld​

K18

Apr 19, 2018
Full Version
Nowandthen Update Banner copy.jpg

Now & Then Chapter 24 Update #3 and release schedule
And again, SPOILER warning for the pictures posted below if you haven't finished Ch23 and romanced Sydney by the end of Ch16. In fact, at this point, consider all future Now & Then posts to be spoiler-filled. Sorry.

And here we are, not too far away from the looming release of Chapter 24 (0.24.0). As I've been saying for the last month, this episode has a lot of complexity behind the scenes and a lot of moments that might not get seen based on player decisions. While many of these moments hinge on choices made in Part Two, there are some that come from micro-decisions in CH24.
I will admit I had a moment the other day where it dawned on me that Now & Then'll be coming to a close soon. I was struck with a mixture of feelings over this fact, spanning anxiety over nailing the finale and sadness at the eventual parting from a cast I've been working with for two years now.
Nowandthen Sample Pics copy2.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics copy.jpg

Here's the release schedule for 0.24.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 2 - January 20, 2022
Tier 1 - January 22, 2022
Public - January 23, 2022

Change Log 0.24.0
  • Added Chapter 24
  • Fixed minor typos
  • Fix a string code that makes you have no shower visitors in Ch21 when both Carol and Naomi have the same love points.
  • Fixed minor typos
- Kinderfeld

Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
Saves in this are insanely buggy, I have to make about 4 times as many as anything else as it just crashes when you try to load them. Even then they sometimes all fail and I have to just skip through everything to get back to where I was.

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017
Saves in this are insanely buggy, I have to make about 4 times as many as anything else as it just crashes when you try to load them. Even then they sometimes all fail and I have to just skip through everything to get back to where I was.
For me saving a couple of scenes (3-5) before the end of the chapter always worked perfectly. But I'm also the person that saves whenever a choice appears so I don't lack saves.

I heard from other people with your problem that Auto-Saves are the most stable and they always work without issue so I'd encourage you to try that.

Shdo

Apr 29, 2017
Full Version
View attachment 1602330

Now & Then Chapter 24 Update #3 and release schedule
And again, SPOILER warning for the pictures posted below if you haven't finished Ch23 and romanced Sydney by the end of Ch16. In fact, at this point, consider all future Now & Then posts to be spoiler-filled. Sorry.

And here we are, not too far away from the looming release of Chapter 24 (0.24.0). As I've been saying for the last month, this episode has a lot of complexity behind the scenes and a lot of moments that might not get seen based on player decisions. While many of these moments hinge on choices made in Part Two, there are some that come from micro-decisions in CH24.
I will admit I had a moment the other day where it dawned on me that Now & Then'll be coming to a close soon. I was struck with a mixture of feelings over this fact, spanning anxiety over nailing the finale and sadness at the eventual parting from a cast I've been working with for two years now.
View attachment 1602331 View attachment 1602332

Tier 2 - January 20, 2022
Tier 1 - January 22, 2022
Public - January 23, 2022

Change Log 0.24.0
  • Added Chapter 24
  • Fixed minor typos
  • Fixed minor typos
- Kinderfeld
now I am going to sleep early until jan 23

DearLegend37

Compressor
Dec 20, 2019
public update is out
Current Build: v 0.24.0
Windows:
-