K18

Apr 19, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner copy.jpg

Chapter Twenty-four (0.24.0) Update #1
SPOILER WARNING: If you haven't played 0.23.0, this update is going to be filled with spoilers. Back out now if you don't want anything ruined.
WARNING #2: If you haven't romanced Sydney by the end of Chapter 16, some of the commentary and sample images in-lined below might be SPOILERY as well.

If you've seen the ending of the last chapter, you know that big things are happening. And that's whether or not Sydney and Julie showed up. Because of the fact that players can not have that reunion, the following episode is split into two arcs. This means that a lot of scenes have two versions with the possibility of vastly different conversations (and even different THEN scenes).
Instead of posting the sample images above like I always do, I've in-lined them to show examples of the two scene variations below.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unsurprisingly, this chapter has a lot of complexity to the script. The opening first four scenes can play out in multiple ways depending on what you've done and what you chose to do as you play. Conversations hugely depend on the status of your friends at that point in time.

Thanks for your interest and have a Happy New Year!

-Kinderfeld

Jamsalad

Mar 22, 2018
Why does this game have an incest tag? I agree not every game needs it but let's quit being disingenuous with these tags.

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Why does this game have an incest tag? I agree not every game needs it but let's quit being disingenuous with these tags.
The incest tag is defined as "Sex act between family relatives, including those not related by blood." So, since Carol is his daughter, even though she is adopted, this tag still applies correctly since they are family relatives.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
It was the encamptment part. Just before part 3. It just threw me how easily MC went along with being separated from the girls. Even if only temporary.
Na I can understand that, it really threw me too. It felt like it was written as "it's ok, there's someone the MC knows who lives there and it'll work out in the end" but that person is barely mentioned to the player so it really boils down to the dev going "trust me on this one" and that's not how a story should progress....

That update was weird with the whole Sydney thing too. Her argument for staying is solid (if somewhat stupid but hey, she's consistent) but to then change her mind and want to leave is worse. Like.... from leaving the MC to chasing after him, there might have been a few months of game development, but in in game only like 4/5 days had passed (unless there's hidden cuts in the gameplay)

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017

I don't believe the MC was easily separated from the girls at that point. Now I don't know the variations for every playtrough but it's explained why they do that:

Now about the timeline:
By the time Ch.24 comes around 2-3 months (if not more) passed so it makes sense that with things going to shit and Julie's investigation proving what MC told her she would take Kenny alongside Sydney and search for the only capable person they know of. Especially since Sydney finally got her shit together and realized what really matters in her situation.
She had a thing for CHAD MC, she had a thing for Naomi, she could trust them and they proved that. Hell they were like a mini family of sorts.
What did the new group do? Had people looking after her like guards over their prisoners with only Julie to really trust. Thus she has a lot of incentive to leave.... that and she has something else for the MC as well if you got the right choices.

So are some of these things a bit, well silly for the sake of pushing the story forwards? Yes.
It didn't really matter for me but I understand why some people wouldn't like the twist. It has it's pros and cons.

The game has it's ups and downs but it's overall enjoyable In my humble opinion.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
By the time Ch.24 comes around 2-3 months (if not more)
What are you basing that on? In regards to a timeline, all I can recall is a conversation between Alice and the MC, and the MC admitting to have killed people, stating that it's been six months since Day Z (or whatever). As I mentioned, the issue is there's almost no basis to judge time in this game unless it's called out. The groups travels to the Marshand house they were only shown sleeping 2 or 3 times at most and it's mentioned that they have enough gas to get there without siphoning from other sources so it's not a huge trek so it can't be that far away.

The game has it's ups and downs but it's overall enjoyable In my humble opinion.
I don't disagree, I'm the same. Hell, I'm supporting it so that says volumes, I just think some of the scripting has been a bit peculiar. It seems at times the plot veers off for the sake of drama but then seems to shy away from it and go back.

hotdog10101

Aug 28, 2020
If you don't mind me asking, what point? Moving out of the city? What done it for you?
My money is at the update where dev decide to kill kid/child, and if im correct with my guess here he/she is one of those people who is not a fan killing children. dont get me wrong im also not a fan of killing children but i salute those Devs,Authors,etc who has the balls to kill someone for the sake of their stories progression.

right now i dont have the right to talk if i going to like that scene or what and yeah i've been spoiled(last time i played v0 20)

ps.
my post is not to start something with soneone so save the drama...

Dunner

Aug 14, 2017

Oh yeah I agree that the time flow is usually a problem in stories like this. Unless you follow them day by day it'll always feel weird when you see a time skip no matter how small (I recall 2 since they reached WO) but it would be boring to read about daily menial things the MC does as well so I get why you'd do it. Skip some of the filler for the juicer parts, but there's always going to be a problem balancing this in a longer series.

About the second point, I see where you're coming from seeing how we have The Apartment and The School which had more going for them, then we reach The Base and we barely stay there. Maybe it's like you say, maybe it was supposed to have another story and as the game progressed the story for The Base made less sense or maybe The Base was just an afterthought to better fit the story etc. Whatever the reason I see it as the weakest point in the story as well and that's why I understood why people would just drop it there.

Anyway thanks for your thought on the matter. It's always nice having a discussion with someone about media you like (y)

Wolfman112062

Apr 4, 2021
Well, I liked it for the first 20 or so chapters.....then you lost me.
An update to this. I kept playing, pushing past what I didn't like. Now, the game is just broken. We're at the Marshand house and it's after Hana's drunken episode. Carol comes to Naomi saying MC slept with Hana but I specifically made sure to turn her down. So, apparently either the scene triggered wrong or it was something forced to happen. Neither of which I like.

erkper

May 16, 2018
An update to this. I kept playing, pushing past what I didn't like. Now, the game is just broken. We're at the Marshand house and it's after Hana's drunken episode. Carol comes to Naomi saying MC slept with Hana but I specifically made sure to turn her down. So, apparently either the scene triggered wrong or it was something forced to happen. Neither of which I like.
Guessing you're using the mod. The mod gives all scenes, which basically takes away the effect of choices. If you're not using the mod then yes, something went wrong because that isn't the way it happens if you turn Hana down.

Wolfman112062

Apr 4, 2021
Guessing you're using the mod. The mod gives all scenes, which basically takes away the effect of choices. If you're not using the mod then yes, something went wrong because that isn't the way it happens if you turn Hana down.
I'm actually not using the mod.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I'm actually not using the mod.
Interesting (but not in a good way.) Not sure how that happened then. If you have a save from before the event I'd try replaying it to see if it is a repeatable glitch. Did you keep playing long enough to get to the scene between MC and Carol? Cause Hana likes to stir up some shit and (I don't remember for sure if this is exactly how it plays out) may have just told Carol she slept with you even if she didn't? I do remember she lied to MC about getting Carol's blessing beforehand...

Reactions: Real Kreten

cormac69

Nov 12, 2020
Just started playing this today. Just got to the part where they have sex for the first time. He gets about a third of the way inside her and claims to feel her hymen. The hymen is at the very entrance blocking the tunnel, it's not inside. So many people get this basic part of a woman's biology wrong. Dunno why. It's not rocket science. If you spread her lips you can see it if it's still intact. Other than that, the game is excellent so far. Peace.

cormac69

Nov 12, 2020
Loving this game more and more, but I gotta say...Why the hell would he keep a charger!?! A 1969 Charger is great when the worlds not all fallen to shit but it has crap for trunk space. There's a gazillion dealerships, drive to one and exchange it. Keys will be right there and they leave them gassed up for test drives. Take a Jeep Cherokee 4X4 or something comparable. Something that can handle off road and carry a hell of a lot more gear than a sleek and small spaced muscle car. Also would clean out a hunting/survival/gun store. :D

hotdog10101

Aug 28, 2020
Loving this game more and more, but I gotta say...Why the hell would he keep a charger!?! A 1969 Charger is great when the worlds not all fallen to shit but it has crap for trunk space. There's a gazillion dealerships, drive to one and exchange it. Keys will be right there and they leave them gassed up for test drives. Take a Jeep Cherokee 4X4 or something comparable. Something that can handle off road and carry a hell of a lot more gear than a sleek and small spaced muscle car. Also would clean out a hunting/survival/gun store. :D
Buddy i get that what your saying about his charger but come on i think every one here knows that there's that group of people who believe at the saying "NOTHING BEATS THE OLD-SCHOOL/CLASSIC" haha i think our MC belongs to that group :D :D :D

Last edited:
Reactions: cormac69

Wolfman112062

Apr 4, 2021
Interesting (but not in a good way.) Not sure how that happened then. If you have a save from before the event I'd try replaying it to see if it is a repeatable glitch. Did you keep playing long enough to get to the scene between MC and Carol? Cause Hana likes to stir up some shit and (I don't remember for sure if this is exactly how it plays out) may have just told Carol she slept with you even if she didn't? I do remember she lied to MC about getting Carol's blessing beforehand...
I made a new save and even changed up some of my choices. Still got the same thing. And the sex scene doesn't even play. Just Carol's reaction.

4.60 star(s) 280 Votes