• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
Not sure if it is reported here yet buy ... Typos Capture.PNG
During the kissing scene with carol should be It doesnt have to make us anything
Also not sure if its a typo but in the flashabck where naomi describes her parents having sex do you mean she is "raunchy" and not "randy"?

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Not sure if it is reported here yet buy ... Typos View attachment 730045
During the kissing scene with carol should be It doesnt have to make us anything
Also not sure if its a typo but in the flashabck where naomi describes her parents having sex do you mean she is "raunchy" and not "randy"?
Randy is a English language slang term for feeling horny.

Reactions: JLP603

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Not sure if it is reported here yet buy ... Typos View attachment 730045
Thanks for pointing this out. I will put the fix in for 0.06.0.

And mordred93 is right on the second one. " " is informal British slang that I've managed to pick up over the years (too much British TV for me, I guess). :)

Last edited:

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

After some time spent enjoying the afterglow of Chapter Five, it's time to move on.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
While looking at the update at it exists on my computer, 24% is such a weird number. Like, only the first scene is entirely playable, right now. But, all the photography and animation for the second scene, which is fairly big, is done. So once the writing is complete and its all dropped into the code, the rest of the update should flow pretty quickly. And after scene three, the rest of the update should be a little quicker to move through.

Yes, I'm disputing the number put out by the database I myself made.

Technical Issues:
It's come to my attention that the animations in the Android version run like shit. So, I'm going to spend some time trying to find a fix that makes Android users' experience on par with the rest. It may be just as simple as changing video formats. I hope. But, with this being an issue with a sizeable percentage of players, I feel that this is a thing that needs to be fixed now. So, it should unfortunately add a few days to the build.

Sample images:
Nowandthen Sample Pics.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics2.jpg

- Kinderfeld

Apr 16, 2020
Alright gave this game a try got to say narrative wise I am intrigued
Music is well chosen and suites the vibe of the events
Renders and animation are pretty great
character development actually exists
Usage of flash blacks and inner monologue including the internal conflict part is pretty great
Overall for a apocalyptic game its pretty great and I am pumped for updates, you took good sources of inspiration as well lmao but great work
Btw played it in android had some issues here and there with lag but didn't mind it cause I had fun might replay in pc

Reactions: Kinderfeld

CookieMonster

Donor
May 31, 2017

After some time spent enjoying the afterglow of Chapter Five, it's time to move on.
While looking at the update at it exists on my computer, 24% is such a weird number. Like, only the first scene is entirely playable, right now. But, all the photography and animation for the second scene, which is fairly big, is done. So once the writing is complete and its all dropped into the code, the rest of the update should flow pretty quickly. And after scene three, the rest of the update should be a little quicker to move through.

Yes, I'm disputing the number put out by the database I myself made.

Technical Issues:
It's come to my attention that the animations in the Android version run like shit. So, I'm going to spend some time trying to find a fix that makes Android users' experience on par with the rest. It may be just as simple as changing video formats. I hope. But, with this being an issue with a sizeable percentage of players, I feel that this is a thing that needs to be fixed now. So, it should unfortunately add a few days to the build.

Sample images:
View attachment 731864 View attachment 731865

- Kinderfeld
Oh shizzz.... from those legs/socks, looks like Naomi...

1594862321662.png

I think in 0.4, Naomi's name appeared in the nameplate. Of course, if it's not her, will have to applaud Kinderfeld for a masterful bate and switch. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
downloaded and play this version 5 ,, not bad ,, interesting story .... renders are very different from what i've been playing ... not bad tho .... waiting for more (y)(y)(y)

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

This set of wallpapers isn't so much themed as it's just something I've been sitting on for a while. In fact, I'd put this scene together probably before even Chapter One was complete. Much like the , I was holding onto a specific moment in the game to be released before I published these.

While the public wallpapers are tame, the are certain to show a little more skin.

A progress report for Chapter Six should be coming down the pipe in the next few days.

July 2020 Public #1

July 2020 Public #2

Hope you enjoy!
-Kinderfeld

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

Chapter Six is moving along at a brisk pace, development-wise. With two (and a half) large scenes left to build (and a couple small transition scenes), I think we're relatively on target.
Not much else to say. This is another update where I'm holding back posting a lot of images from about 70% of the content already created purely because of SPOILERS. So, what I'm posting is dancing around the Chapter's main arc.

Technical Update:
As , there were issues with animation playback on the Android platform. I've been testing a fix on PC and an old Galaxy Tab S2 in which the new animations run pretty well. Except for a few minor hiccups in "heavy use" moments where the player is transitioning from one animation to another while switching looped sound effects and music playing in the background, the test run seems to work well. I even tweaked the code to make a couple of the "climax" moments flow better.

The only real issue I've come across in testing is that when loading an old save (0.05.0) into this new build where the persistence data knows I've seen all these scenes before, the new animations kinda stop looping after a short while. I guess it's getting pissy because it's been told to loop the old videos and not the new format. This is fixed by dumping all the old saves and playing a fresh run (sorry, I know this isn't optimal) or just replaying the scenes in the Replay Gallery. Also, if you saved the game during any of the animated scenes, you're gonna get an error because of the changed code and new video format.

So, be aware if you want to go back when 0.06.0 is released. Maybe save in a new spot now to save yourself the trouble.
Having said all that, if no other issues crop up, this should fix the animation issue going forward.

Sample Screens:
Nowandthen Sample Pic2s.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics.jpg

- Kinderfeld

Lucian Light

Oct 10, 2017
Before i play this, i have a question, there's going to be ntr? (Or rape for that matter), the things that some of you folks say made me wary about it.

Lucian Light

Oct 10, 2017
I don't think so. There is an implication about one girl but I don't think those certain people in game were talking about her. I think it was just some random girl. Then again, I am not a dev so what the fuck do I know.
Thanks! That's what worries me the most, the dev hasn't said a word about all this, if there wasn't ntr, he would already say it.

• Angry
Reactions: tazaaron
4.60 star(s) 273 Votes