ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Another game that I want to like, but just not sure about at this time, maybe because it feels more like a kinetic novel right now. I will give it another couple updates.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Good update. It gave a good look into their relationship from both PoVs. I like that there's flashbacks to give some insight from both of them as well. It wasn't too one-sided and it was handled pretty well imo. I'm glad this has some emotions in it because usually it's very depressing when an outbreak happens in games and other forms of media.

That said, I'm more worried about the human interactions. What they were talking about outside of the store was pretty straight forward and a good look into how messed up the world has become. What I've learned from all these zombie and Infected stuff is Humans are always the main threat so I'm expecting some pretty heavy stuff soon just like i hope for in future updates of Kindread.

Last edited:

CookieMonster

Donor
May 31, 2017
Good update. It gave a good look into their relationship from both PoV. I like that there's flashbacks to give some insight inIt wasn't too one-sided and it was handled pretty well imo. I'm glad this has some emotions in it because usually it's very depressing when an outbreak happens in games and other forms of media.

That said, I'm more worried about the human interactions. What they were talking about outside of the store was pretty straight forward and a good look into how messed up the world has become. What I've learned from all these zombie and Infected stuff is Humans are always the main threat so I'm expecting some pretty heavy stuff soon just like i hope for in future updates of Kindread.
Yeah, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the girl they were talking about wasn't Naomi.

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Yeah, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the girl they were talking about wasn't Naomi.
My prediction is that something happened to Naomi's family while they will leaving the city, but Naomi eventually manages to make it back to MC and Carol unharmed. (We do see a girl from behind that is on her way somewhere. Hair looks too dark to be Naomi, but it could be due to lighting)
I can't imagine MC and Carol taking in a stranger, and Naomi is the easiest way to allow the group sex tag.

Last edited:

Catherine♡

Mar 10, 2019
I curious, there different types of infected? I mean it's a virus(the mc think is a virus, being more precise) so maybe.

(I was playing resident evil shortly before see the update haha, so the question comes from there.)

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
Decided to do Walkthrough Mod for this game. Special thanks to TD1900 for teaching my how to do the gallery unlock. Enjoy!

Edit: Updated to v.0.05.0

Install: Extract to "game" folder, overwrite when prompted.

You can find this an all my other content here:

Or you can:
Zoey Raven The correct choice for the semi-formal green dress when judging Carol is "It's okay" not "It looks great"....giving all four correct answers or answers that Carol is hoping for gives her 1 additional love point and so choosing it looks great will make you not gain 1 love point from her

also another one is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
at the end of the current version with these choices carol's love point should be 6 but if we were to choose the mod's options it is only 4....so hope you correct these issues in your walkthrough mod

Last edited:

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Sounds nice :D A special edition would be good and I like the idea of the "roleplaying game".

I was wondering if you have any plans on creating a discord server though? I think it would be a good way to receive updates, discuss the game and just have a community for it.
I hadn't really thought much about Discord, as I only started looking into it, as a user, myself. I may entertain the idea if interest in N&T grows.

CookieMonster

Donor
May 31, 2017
My prediction is that something happened to Naomi's family while they will leaving the city, but Naomi eventually manages to make it back to MC and Carol unharmed. (We do see a girl from behind that is on her way somewhere. Hair looks too dark to be Naomi, but it could be due to lighting)
I can't imagine MC and Carol taking in a stranger, and Naomi is the easiest way to allow the group sex tag.
I'm actually super torn on the question of whether the girl captured by the thugs is Naomi or not... On the one hand, I think if she wasn't the one captured, it keeps the game a lot more wholesome and less dark, despite how shitty things are going. But, on the other hand, I think if Naomi was captured, it gives a lot more flexibility to push the action of the story along... So hear me out, on some of my mad obsessive speculation at 5 am in the morning... which could be delusional. Let's hope it is.

So, if Naomi was the one captured, it would make sense that that fact is revealed to the MC somehow during one of his patrols. He would then be torn in his choice of whether to risk exposing his and Carol's position to save Naomi or not. And the guilt of not doing so would end up gnawing at him, and from the psychological profile of the Main Character, he's already starting to lose it and his inhibitions. Cue Carol Sexytimes. huehuehue. If Kinderfeld goes this route, and Naomi hooks up with MC/Carol again, it would be interesting to see how the storyline plays out because of 1) Whether she would still be a flirt, or whether whatever shit happened outside has changed her. (i.e. she could end up being more judgmental of their relationship as opposed to open, as being exposed to the shittiness of humanity might cause her to cling to more conservative values, which her pops suggestively had). 2) If she is still a flirt, the sexual tension there would be grrreaat! In the words of Tony the Tiger, because whenever MC rejects her in favor of Carol, she would be going through that psychologically destructive self-questioning whirlpool of whether she is undesirable or not. As in, why would the MC choose an "immoral" relationship when one that is readily available is being rejected. I would love to see the scene where this blows up, and drama ensues, everyone overreacts. *rubs hands in evil glee*

Now, darker route would include the three letter acronym which shall not be named, and is evidently polarizing. As to whether or not Naomi is "saved" after as the terrible English translation of Japanese terms "Insulted" it would also form an interesting dynamic. As then, the MC's guilt towards allowing that to transpire could have real consequences on him, and serve as an even more over-protective interpretation of future choices, since what's on the line with Carol/Naomi after being recovered is even greater. With that event, you can also throw in Naomi turning to the dark side in amping up her manipulative-ness with the guilt, or even turning into a bitch that schemes against Carol, because Carol managed to retain her love for MC despite shit going down the crapper for Naomi. [Also suggested, since the only scene we saw with Naomi, she didn't appear with neither her dad nor mom.] So in a way, Naomi's shitty circumstances could serve as a foil for Carol, emphasizing how great Carol has it. And well, people suffering tend to end up with a certain degree of envy. Now, I know that acronym has not appeared in the tags list, and if this is the approach taken, it could be arguable whether or not it even applies, as it probably depends on if you consider Naomi one of your bitches in your harem or not. But this is a horror game and not a harem one, so having shitty things happen to Naomi can help to emphasize/boost the depth or intensity of emotions players feel. But yeah, this is totally a loaded and risky approach, and I wouldn't want the dev risking polarizing his player base over it, so in many ways I do wish it's kept vanilla.

So, on top of the two routes listed above, it'd be interesting throwing in the resource constraints as well, which, when compounded with the emotional trauma, could end up physically pushing the MC to the breaking point, which I think, is probably also something Kinderfeld could play off of. I'm only speculating on these topics since the 0.5.0 release hinted at some of the consequences of choices towards Carol's degree of fear towards the outside world balanced against her naivety towards the situation, both of which, if unbalanced, in my opinion would be a death sentence in that type of situation.

That said, it is a horror game, and thus far, all the human threats haven't materialized in any way. There's only been the spectre of it hanging over their lives.

Now, while I listed one of the routes as vanilla, do note that I don't think I've stated anywhere that I was hoping Naomi to turn up exactly as chipper or optimistic as she was in all the flashbacks. Part of what would most likely make their reunion exciting is seeing how she changed/adapted to her situations.

Lastly, this is all speculation done at a sleep deprived state in the early morning, so just take it as the undulating hallucinations of someone that needs more cookies.

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
I'm actually super torn on the question of whether the girl captured by the thugs is Naomi or not... On the one hand, I think if she wasn't the one captured, it keeps the game a lot more wholesome and less dark, despite how shitty things are going. But, on the other hand, I think if Naomi was captured, it gives a lot more flexibility to push the action of the story along... So hear me out, on some of my mad obsessive speculation at 5 am in the morning... which could be delusional. Let's hope it is.

So, if Naomi was the one captured, it would make sense that that fact is revealed to the MC somehow during one of his patrols. He would then be torn in his choice of whether to risk exposing his and Carol's position to save Naomi or not. And the guilt of not doing so would end up gnawing at him, and from the psychological profile of the Main Character, he's already starting to lose it and his inhibitions. Cue Carol Sexytimes. huehuehue. If Kinderfeld goes this route, and Naomi hooks up with MC/Carol again, it would be interesting to see how the storyline plays out because of 1) Whether she would still be a flirt, or whether whatever shit happened outside has changed her. (i.e. she could end up being more judgmental of their relationship as opposed to open, as being exposed to the shittiness of humanity might cause her to cling to more conservative values, which her pops suggestively had). 2) If she is still a flirt, the sexual tension there would be grrreaat! In the words of Tony the Tiger, because whenever MC rejects her in favor of Carol, she would be going through that psychologically destructive self-questioning whirlpool of whether she is undesirable or not. As in, why would the MC choose an "immoral" relationship when one that is readily available is being rejected. I would love to see the scene where this blows up, and drama ensues, everyone overreacts. *rubs hands in evil glee*

Now, darker route would include the three letter acronym which shall not be named, and is evidently polarizing. As to whether or not Naomi is "saved" after as the terrible English translation of Japanese terms "Insulted" it would also form an interesting dynamic. As then, the MC's guilt towards allowing that to transpire could have real consequences on him, and serve as an even more over-protective interpretation of future choices, since what's on the line with Carol/Naomi after being recovered is even greater. With that event, you can also throw in Naomi turning to the dark side in amping up her manipulative-ness with the guilt, or even turning into a bitch that schemes against Carol, because Carol managed to retain her love for MC despite shit going down the crapper for Naomi. [Also suggested, since the only scene we saw with Naomi, she didn't appear with neither her dad nor mom.] So in a way, Naomi's shitty circumstances could serve as a foil for Carol, emphasizing how great Carol has it. And well, people suffering tend to end up with a certain degree of envy. Now, I know that acronym has not appeared in the tags list, and if this is the approach taken, it could be arguable whether or not it even applies, as it probably depends on if you consider Naomi one of your bitches in your harem or not. But this is a horror game and not a harem one, so having shitty things happen to Naomi can help to emphasize/boost the depth or intensity of emotions players feel. But yeah, this is totally a loaded and risky approach, and I wouldn't want the dev risking polarizing his player base over it, so in many ways I do wish it's kept vanilla.

So, on top of the two routes listed above, it'd be interesting throwing in the resource constraints as well, which, when compounded with the emotional trauma, could end up physically pushing the MC to the breaking point, which I think, is probably also something Kinderfeld could play off of. I'm only speculating on these topics since the 0.5.0 release hinted at some of the consequences of choices towards Carol's degree of fear towards the outside world balanced against her naivety towards the situation, both of which, if unbalanced, in my opinion would be a death sentence in that type of situation.

That said, it is a horror game, and thus far, all the human threats haven't materialized in any way. There's only been the spectre of it hanging over their lives.

Now, while I listed one of the routes as vanilla, do note that I don't think I've stated anywhere that I was hoping Naomi to turn up exactly as chipper or optimistic as she was in all the flashbacks. Part of what would most likely make their reunion exciting is seeing how she changed/adapted to her situations.

Lastly, this is all speculation done at a sleep deprived state in the early morning, so just take it as the undulating hallucinations of someone that needs more cookies.
Even though I thought the girl who was shown during gunshots was Naomi I don't want her to be the one who was captured man...like don't get me wrong when I saw the girl I was like "hey, it's Naomi!" but at the same time when I heard the thugs talking about the girl I was like "oh shit! please no!!!"

I know it fits the trope of the story but I don't want that to happen at all...the story is dark as it is, please don't make it darker. If that happened, I don't know if I could find myself playing the game anymore :(. She hasn't been introduced that much in the story but still has left enough of a character impact on me that I would really stop enjoying the plot at that point :cry:.

The MC leaving the girl to die earlier made me feel guilt (as I tend to put myself in the place of the character) so I can't and sincerely don't want to imagine Naomi (or even Alice, though I am pretty certain it is Naomi coz the text is near exact shade of blue that is shown in Naomi's name box....Alice's is purple and Carol's pink and when the Carol was thinking she messed up her text's color was the same as her name's) being the one the thugs talked about....Plus I really liked her flirtatious personality, it fit her character design perfectly, it was a good contrast to Carol's scared/timidness....but if that happened to her and she started becoming scared then it would just feel like Carol 2.0 tho even more broken (tho the flip of Carol and Naomi's personality is what I think the dev is trying to do) but please....just no.......

Last edited:

ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
Even though I thought the girl who was shown during gunshots was Naomi I don't want her to be the one who was captured man...like don't get me wrong when I saw the girl I was like "hey, it's Naomi!" but at the same time when I heard the thugs talking about the girl I was like "oh shit! please no!!!"
I think you only find out about a captured girl if you go left instead of right, and that happens before you get shown the girl in the street.

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
I think you only find out about a captured girl if you go left instead of right, and that happens before you get shown the girl in the street.
yes I know the girl was mentioned before the scene where Naomi (I think it's her...the reason's down below) was shown...but later on the thugs say they want to get their hands on some new girl and the mysterious girl (Naomi) is lurking around in the gang's territory (so you know things kinda start adding up)...so that's the main reason I was like...that's too much of a plot convenience, please don't let that be the case

and I am pretty certain it is Naomi coz the text is near exact shade of blue that is shown in Naomi's name box....Alice's is purple and Carol's pink and when the Carol was thinking she messed up her text's color was the same as her name's

Last edited:

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
Zoey Raven The correct choice for the semi-formal green dress when judging Carol is "It's okay" not "It looks great"....giving all four correct answers or answers that Carol is hoping for gives her 1 additional love point and so choosing it looks great will make you not gain 1 love point from her

also another one is
at the end of the current version with these choices carol's love point should be 6 but if we were to choose the mod's options it is only 4....so hope you correct these issues in your walkthrough mod

also another one is
Next time I would appreciate it if PMed me errors, so, since you called me out publicly in a thread. I would like to see a list of what you have created? The first choice you are correct about, all other Yes flags in the game provided the answer that added + points, I should have looked closer. In terms of the second love point, that was done intentionally, because in a Fap game I will never till people how to pick their sexual choices when 1 love point is not going to make or break a game, plus all those choices cannot be highlighted.green as they are loop choices. This is a limitation of a mod if you want to play the game organically, no way to highlight them in order, as it would just highlight them all. In a walkthrough, I could have explained this. So thank you for the first on, but as for the second one. If you don't understand how this cannot be achieved due to looping code. Don't use the mod.

Last edited:

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
Next time I would appreciate it if PMed me errors, so, since you called me out publicly in a thread. I would like to see a list of what you have created? The first choices you are correct about, all other Yes flags in the game provided the answer that added + points, I should have looked closer. In terms of the second love point, that was done intentionally, because in a Fap game I will never till people how to pick their sexual choices when 1 love point is not going to make or break a game. In a future version if it would, I would. So thank you for the first on, but as for the second one. If you don't like that I gave that freedom. Don't use the mod.
well sorry that if it came as bashing you...I didn't mean it in that regard....

I thought the mod was created in a way to give players the choices through which they could get the most amount of points...
Yes my second one is also not the only way people can get additional love point...I just wanted to convey that there was a way the players could earn an extra point and so I wrote the way it could be achieved, though the only requisite is that she cums 3 times so I wanted you to put something like 'extra love point' besides make her cum one so the player who uses the mod knows that making her cum 3 times gives her an additional point, bashing your hard work didn't even cross my mind

sorry if I worded it wrong or you thought I was bashing your work...I wasn't and sorry again for putting it publicly again but I want others to know I wan't bashing you :confused:

Just tried to help but I guess I came out on the wrong footing

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Wasn't expecting an update so fast feels like it was only a week since the last update was out another good update at that really enjoyed the Carol scene. Still good to see this getting updated regularly certainly one of the better games right now.

May 1, 2020
God the Animation on Android is kinda disappointing .. It's like playing a stop dance .. I love the game but I've waited from ch2 to ch5 cause I said in myself it might take a while and boom just like that Disappointed .. Sorry Dev but still Awesome game

erkper

May 16, 2018
I think we're all MEANT to believe it was Naomi that was wandering, and that it was her that the thugs were talking about pulling a train on. Whether Kinder actually goes that way, or plays it as a red herring, is yet to be seen. I think the story has the capability to go that dark, and I think it would be good storytelling, if not the way I want to see it go down for Naomi's sake. Even if it is Naomi and MC ends up rescuing her and bringing her into his home with Carol, I don't think that would call for the addition of the NTR tag. Certainly the Rape tag, but NTR assumes the LI is willingly with someone else to create jealousy in the MC. This would not be that.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
God the Animation on Android is kinda disappointing .. It's like playing a stop dance .. I love the game but I've waited from ch2 to ch5 cause I said in myself it might take a while and boom just like that Disappointed .. Sorry Dev but still Awesome game
Yeah, I'm probably going to have to rework the animations from webm to animated webps to improve the performance. Might add a couple days to the build but I gotta hope it improves performance on android.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I think we're all MEANT to believe it was Naomi that was wandering, and that it was her that the thugs were talking about pulling a train on. Whether Kinder actually goes that way, or plays it as a red herring, is yet to be seen. I think the story has the capability to go that dark, and I think it would be good storytelling, if not the way I want to see it go down for Naomi's sake. Even if it is Naomi and MC ends up rescuing her and bringing her into his home with Carol, I don't think that would call for the addition of the NTR tag. Certainly the Rape tag, but NTR assumes the LI is willingly with someone else to create jealousy in the MC. This would not be that.
My two cents, I think we will never see or hear from the girl those thugs were talking about gang raping. And I don't think it is Naomi. My feeling is it was just Kinderfield setting the scene, making us aware that there are far more dangerous things out there besides infected.

Could be wrong, cant wait to find out.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Finally gave this game another try a few days ago, and although the first time I played I couldn't get past the whole "then" part of the game, since I don't like going back to the past or dream sequences, and the inner monologues, but, after getting past that, and playing I found it very good, I actually liked the implementations of the past and even dream sequences, but there is still way too much inner monologues for my taste, again, the game is good, but I would rather it took longer to release so it would have more scenes with character interactions and less inner monologues(i say this because of renders), I don't know, just wanted to give my opinion really, sorry to bother.

4.60 star(s) 273 Votes