mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
He's also quite the fan of 80's-90's speed metal, with MC wearing Slayer and Prong shirts. I am most pleased. (There may or may not be both Prong and Slayer CDs in my collection from my youth.)
May - I will fly that flag. I have over 3000 CDs and let me say there is an extensive collection of rock/metal in there (ie. most of it).

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Ok, so this tells me that the dev definitely comes from an IT background. In one of the early scenes with Carol in chapter 1, she is drinking from a coffee cup with the acronym PEBKAC. Even though I worked in IT for years, I wasn't familiar with that acronym. I looked it up and it stands for Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Computer. In other words, what's wrong with the computer is due to an operator error of some kind.

Off-topic explanation and illustration of PEBKAC:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In 30 years of IT .. I have used them all. My favorites are: ID-10-T error, PMAC, PICNIC, IBM error, lUser error, and of course PEBKAC

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
He's also quite the fan of 80's-90's speed metal, with MC wearing Slayer and Prong shirts. I am most pleased. (There may or may not be both Prong and Slayer CDs in my collection from my youth.)
I love Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits and especially Reign In Blood, just to name three of the very few albums from the 80s that I still enjoy listening to. Damn, now I feel old again. ;)

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
In 30 years of IT .. I have used them all. My favorites are: ID-10-T error, PMAC, PICNIC, IBM error, lUser error, and of course PEBKAC
It's ironic that I have been in IT about as long, but I don't know most of those acronyms. Probably because 17 years of practice was self-employed and I wasn't working with other IT guys to get exposed to them.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
I love Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits and especially Reign In Blood, just to name three of the very few albums from the 80s that I still enjoy listening to. Damn, now I feel old again. ;)
Six CD changer in my Truck; Slayer: Seasons in the Abyss, Metallica: ... And Justice for All, Anthrax: Among the Living, Megadeth: Rust in Peace, Tourniquet: The Collected Works, The Sisters of Mercy: A slight Case of Overbombing. I haven't changed this rotation for 8 years :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: thorin0815

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
It's ironic that I have been in IT about as long, but I don't know most of those acronyms. Probably because 17 years of practice was self-employed and I wasn't working with other IT guys to get exposed to them.
Regional as well. I worked for MSFT, and then mostly near midwest with some larger firms. You get get a lot of these if you worked in help desk groups or groups that had a lot of mainframe. Haven't heard many in the last two decades besides ID-10-T and PEBKAC.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Six CD changer in my Truck; Slayer: Seasons in the Abyss, Metallica: ... And Justice for All, Anthrax: Among the Living, Megadeth: Rust in Peace, Tourniquet: The Collected Works, The Sisters of Mercy: A slight Case of Overbombing. I haven't changed this rotation for 8 years :)
Hehe, I'm a repeat until death person in terms of music as well. Thanks for mentioning the Sisters, time for some Vision Thing(s).

Reactions: mordred93

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Ok, so this tells me that the dev definitely comes from an IT background. In one of the early scenes with Carol in chapter 1, she is drinking from a coffee cup with the acronym PEBKAC. Even though I worked in IT for years, I wasn't familiar with that acronym. I looked it up and it stands for Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Computer. In other words, what's wrong with the computer is due to an operator error of some kind.
I started in the computer field in the late '70's, and at the time the phrase was "Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair" (meaning the person occupying said chair was dumb as a box of cabbage). But it's the same end-result. As soon as you make something foolproof, god invents a better fool.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Are we talking about music in here? Cuz, this is in the room off of my upstairs office.
And this doesn't count a lot of stuff since I shifted to digital over the past five-ish years.

Also, for those curious (because of all the IT talk), I actually entered the corporate world 20+ years ago as a Graphic Designer/Marketing. But since I was the youngest with experience in both Mac and PC, I ended up as liaison (aka translator) between IT and the execs for any project involving software and website. So, most of my IT experience stems from being a go-between internal/external IT departments any my own leadership.

MuffinManWantsPregnancy

Say no to NTR and Fuck a Preggie girl
Donor
Feb 5, 2020
Are we talking about music in here? Cuz, this is in the room off of my upstairs office.
And this doesn't count a lot of stuff since I shifted to digital over the past five-ish years.

Also, for those curious (because of all the IT talk), I actually entered the corporate world 20+ years ago as a Graphic Designer/Marketing. But since I was the youngest with experience in both Mac and PC, I ended up as liaison (aka translator) between IT and the execs for any project involving software and website. So, most of my IT experience stems from being a go-between internal/external IT departments any my own leadership.
I see those Death albums :sneaky:

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019

I see all that dust. I don't think those CDs see much play.

Reactions: Kinderfeld

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017

Mine are all in 20 boxes after my move in February. I had them all ripped by lost them when I had a power outage which killed my RAID 10 array (2 HDD died). Sadly - I was literally doing a backup at the time (I cannot make this shit up), and my backup HDD was 6TB and I had about 4 TB of data, so I deleted the old backup - to create space for the new backup. I had them all on a UPS but it was a lightning strike - which took out the pole and sent a surge and fried the UPS (as it should) and killed the 2 HDD in the PC, and killed the backup process. That PC hadn't been turned off (outside of reboots) in 5 years. So I literally had multiple redundancies which all where shot to crap in one fatal strike.

• Sad
Reactions: thorin0815

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
This game is amazing. Just on a whim decided to try it yesterday.
It is all around really well written, from the zombie story to the character's dialogues and motivations to the sex scenes, plus it has great animations during them which make them even hoter. (y)(y)
I look forward to some sex time between Jack and Naomi. Plus maybe finally doing some butt stuff with Carol. :p

Also wonder how Jack will solve the sudden infected issue on their "front door".

Reactions: erkper

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Does anyone know what game engine this game uses? It looks like honey select but i'm not sure.

Btw, great game :)
I believe the game engine is Ren'PY (first post says it). Do you mean the art assets? I think it is Honey Select but I don't believe I have seen that confirmed but it definitely looks like HS.

mannice431

Jun 14, 2017
I believe the game engine is Ren'PY (first post says it). Do you mean the art assets? I think it is Honey Select but I don't believe I have seen that confirmed but it definitely looks like HS.
I keep screwing up the terms, yes i meant the art assets you're right, does someone here know for sure?

Reactions: mordred93

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Hehe, same as mine. Since the last move around two years ago I didn't even unpack 'em. God bless Spotify! ;-)
I have a low power PC running 24/7 which I hook up a FM transmitter to (about 100 yards) and it plays my music 24/7/365 on shuffle/repeat. My clock radio, walkman (listen to when I mow the yard), and several devices get that station for music. I never know what I am going to get on the "radio" when I tune in. I can get death metal, some symphonic score, 80's pop, etc. It is always fun.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes