Enibe

Feb 5, 2023
I found two soundtracks in the game obnoxiously loud. I edited them so they're normalized. Extract the files in the "game\audio" folder.

The two soundtracks are: the bird chirping, which I made completely silent, and a guitar soundtrack. Make a copy of the originals in case you want to go back to them.

I'm currently on chapter 13 and enjoying the game, great story so far.

Edit: I realized shortly after it's better to reuse different soundtracks than altering these two (from the .rar).
What I personally did was make a copy of "Kai_Engel_-_05_-_October" and renamed it to "Demoiselle_Dner_-_18_-_Soulagement", and a copy of "Kai_Engel_-_January" and renamed it to "inspectorj__bird-whistling-single-robin-a". Better soundtracks in my opinion, and it beats having (no) chirping.

Last edited:
Reactions: rudy007

Blubberino

Mar 25, 2017
i was thoroughly enjoying the game until the ending came up. they were all so close and the love between carol and naomi for wade was maxed and for whatever it still gave this pointless shit ending where they somehow grew distant. no idea why the fuck that happened. everything was absolutely solid with them and now i'm left with a wtf ending. very unrealistic. people don't go through shit like that and over time just grow distant and she start dating other people to leave the guy that sacrificed all for her. that's juts utterly fucked and makes no damn sense. sooo...kinda left with a screwed up feeling about this whole damn game and a bit let down on it.
You must have fucked something up big time with Carol, because in neither of my playthroughs have I ever had an ending like this.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
i was thoroughly enjoying the game until the ending came up. they were all so close and the love between carol and naomi for wade was maxed and for whatever it still gave this pointless shit ending where they somehow grew distant. no idea why the fuck that happened. everything was absolutely solid with them and now i'm left with a wtf ending. very unrealistic. people don't go through shit like that and over time just grow distant and she start dating other people to leave the guy that sacrificed all for her. that's juts utterly fucked and makes no damn sense. sooo...kinda left with a screwed up feeling about this whole damn game and a bit let down on it.
If you check the walkthrough, you might be able to see what went wrong, then go back to the appropriate save and try it from there.

I've played Now and Then, pre and post Director's Cut, and never got an ending without one of the women.

An ending with Carol is hard to miss unless you choose to basically ignore her (Carol distance points already mentioned by Coaxmetal) and repeatedly go against her desires and lie to her (so low trust and low love).

It is harder to end up with Julie or Hana but - for those interested in using the walkthrough - it can be done.

This AVN is, IMO, a top 5 of all the AVNs I've played because of the different choices and consequences of those choices I encountered.

I also like the MC - someone who takes a pretty common-sense approach to preparing for the 'something really bad is coming' and never comes across as an ex-Navy Seal or Agent hiding in plain sight.

He makes mistakes but he finds a way forward.

If you are inclined to set aside this AVN for now, I understand - perhaps come back and give it another try in a few months.

I have not played for a while and Winter inspires me to get ready for another playthrough (with the occasional reference to the walkthrough).

Cheers!! :coffee:

ppbeater

Mar 28, 2023
just a few things, its a shame that not popping the truck tires never led to anything, figured it wouldve let you bring more stuff for once, but ig the story is just about luck, finding naomi, losing the apartment & school. it also sucks you lose a gun if you gave sydney 1, but its not the end of the world since it was a bandits anyways.
next is sydney, i understand shes someone you just met at the school so carol isnt going to be as willing to let her be part of the relationship like naomi, but everyone seems to forget she saved chad when she couldve stayed in the library, stitched him up, gave him the right drugs, 2 things i doubt either of them wouldve been able to do, its a shame she ends up separated.
it also sucks that nameless girl dies so early on, but i understand it was for realism, so was missys death, might be a harem game, but that doesnt mean you get to smash anyone youve met before. its great & ill remember this story

Enibe

Feb 5, 2023
next is sydney, i understand shes someone you just met at the school so carol isnt going to be as willing to let her be part of the relationship like naomi, but everyone seems to forget she saved chad when she couldve stayed in the library, stitched him up, gave him the right drugs, 2 things i doubt either of them wouldve been able to do, its a shame she ends up separated.
If you get at least 10 relation points with Sydney before you leave her, she'll join MC later with Julie in tow. Which enables their endings. Use the walkthrough linked in the first post, it helps a lot.

ppbeater

Mar 28, 2023
If you get at least 10 relation points with Sydney before you leave her, she'll join MC later with Julie in tow. Which enables their endings. Use the walkthrough linked in the first post, it helps a lot.
yeah i just meant in the story, wouldve been nice to all be together instead of barely any time together at the end, even though there definitely wasnt enough room

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
thanks for clarifying. btw the actual term is fauxcest
Fauxcest is only related to roleplay. And incest depend of the law in your country. For exemple in France where I live this is concidered as incest. But in Iran it's not ^^

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I just started this game a couple days ago and I was really enjoying it...up until the part where a national guard unit composed entirely of women set up a women and children zone no exceptions.
So they were either all women or somehow enough women to overpower all the male guardsmen and men in general and separate families.
What a crock of shit. Suspension of disbelief only goes so far and this seems beyond stupidly implausible as well as a poor long-term survival strategy.
Gonna keep reading because I'm invested but I hope this isn't a sign of the writing to come.

Reactions: beedulgi and EETPMC
Nov 22, 2021
I just started this game a couple days ago and I was really enjoying it...up until the part where a national guard unit composed entirely of women set up a women and children zone no exceptions.
So they were either all women or somehow enough women to overpower all the male guardsmen and men in general and separate families.
What a crock of shit. Suspension of disbelief only goes so far and this seems beyond stupidly implausible as well as a poor long-term survival strategy.
Gonna keep reading because I'm invested but I hope this isn't a sign of the writing to come.
The writing is fine. Pay attention to the story and you will understand. That isn't that surprising of a thing honestly.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I'm enjoying my next playthrough of Now and Then.

I'm very much looking forward to reaching the part of the story where I encounter Merilee and her 'merry' band because that means I get to be reunited with Alison and Julie (especially Julie).

Kinderfeld did a great job with the Director's Cut.

As a Patreon, I was very happy that he expanded the story lines so that there was a possible 'good' ending where the MC and Julie ended up together.

For those who enjoy this great story, I think the addition of Julie (and even Hannah) endings really adds to the experience.

For anyone else enjoying another playthrough - Enjoy!

Cheers!! :coffee:
Will it be possible to get the Julie ending if I am using the mod? I'm currently at the part where they just fled the town with cannibals and MC has to choose who to accompany for a pee break.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Will it be possible to get the Julie ending if I am using the mod? I'm currently at the part where they just fled the town with cannibals and MC has to choose who to accompany for a pee break.
I wont put this in spoilers as the game has been out a while. The "Julie" ending is not what you think it is. She is not your "one", and cannot be. However you get an ending where you are friends with benefits, if you slept with her at the camp one night in the hotel.

Reactions: Xythurr

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I wont put this in spoilers as the game has been out a while. The "Julie" ending is not what you think it is. She is not your "one", and cannot be. However you get an ending where you are friends with benefits, if you slept with her at the camp one night in the hotel.
Oh cool so the MC still has Carol? That's good because I didn't really wanna ditch her or have the MC break her heart.
Thanks for the response!

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Oh cool so the MC still has Carol? That's good because I didn't really wanna ditch her or have the MC break her heart.
Thanks for the response!
The game mechanic is complex to a degree, but you have the relationship points, and at the end, whoever has the most points, is your "one". You can have multiple endings (ie different) depending on who your "one" is. However you can have sort of a harem, if you have enough points with the girls, to be part of your "friends with benefits" type relationship while you are still with your "one". There is like 162 possible endings based on how many points you get and logic routes and choices.

Essentially - if you are not a dick to the girls, you will have your "one" and have a harem full of girls. But if you neglect some, they wont have a "good" ending w/ you. There is a reason the walkthrough is like 100 pages long.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
The game mechanic is complex to a degree, but you have the relationship points, and at the end, whoever has the most points, is your "one". You can have multiple endings (ie different) depending on who your "one" is. However you can have sort of a harem, if you have enough points with the girls, to be part of your "friends with benefits" type relationship while you are still with your "one". There is like 162 possible endings based on how many points you get and logic routes and choices.

Essentially - if you are not a dick to the girls, you will have your "one" and have a harem full of girls. But if you neglect some, they wont have a "good" ending w/ you. There is a reason the walkthrough is like 100 pages long.
Wow ok thanks for the info. I've been using the mod with the in-game WT and aside from one choice following the green text.
So far the girls are pretty even in points with Carol in a slight lead.
I'm reading it right now and am now at the cabin in the woods.

Reactions: mordred93

Enibe

Feb 5, 2023
Wow ok thanks for the info. I've been using the mod with the in-game WT and aside from one choice following the green text.
So far the girls are pretty even in points with Carol in a slight lead.
I'm reading it right now and am now at the cabin in the woods.
Use the PDF walkthrough from the main post if you want to reach the main ending of a certain heroine. Julie has her own ending apart from just being fuck buddies, which was added with the director's cut.

And in case you don't want to redo all the choices over and over for each ending, you have access to all ending variations in the recollection menu. Don't know if it's thanks to the multi-mod or if it's the director's cut.

4.60 star(s) 280 Votes