P3zz0

MP-40 Enjoyer
Donor
Compressor
Jul 8, 2017

Please go back discussing the game's story or mechanic or fan theories.
If you wanna ramble about off topic stuff, go to the dedicated section bearing the same name.
If you wanna throw hands and argue to your heart's content with someone else, do this by PM, not on a game thread.
Failure to comply will result in further warnings being issued and the thread being sanitised further.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I'm enjoying my next playthrough of Now and Then.

I like the Lori flashbacks, helping to give some depth to the loss the MC experienced as well as establishing the relationship with Julie.

I also think the evolution of his relationship with Carol was well done, especially in the context of the 'end of the world as we know it.'

I'm very much looking forward to reaching the part of the story where I encounter Merilee and her 'merry' band because that means I get to be reunited with Alice and Julie (especially Julie).

One of the hottest sex scenes in this AVN is, IMO, the sex scene with Julie at the hotel.

Kinderfeld did a great job with the Director's Cut.

The ability to unlock all the scenes in the replay gallery is nice since some I would never otherwise see - not personally invested in the Hannah path, for ex.

As a Patreon, I was very happy that he expanded the story lines so that there was a possible 'good' ending where the MC and Julie ended up together.

For those who enjoy this great story, I think the addition of Julie (and even Hannah) endings really adds to the experience.

For anyone else enjoying another playthrough - Have fun!

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:
Reactions: erkper and rudy007

phinny1

Aug 22, 2017
I just started this game a couple days ago and I was really enjoying it...up until the part where a national guard unit composed entirely of women set up a women and children zone no exceptions.
So they were either all women or somehow enough women to overpower all the male guardsmen and men in general and separate families.
What a crock of shit. Suspension of disbelief only goes so far and this seems beyond stupidly implausible as well as a poor long-term survival strategy.
Gonna keep reading because I'm invested but I hope this isn't a sign of the writing to come.
You aren't wrong, the womens camp that secretly murders all the men and nobody ever figures it out badly strains suspension of disbelief, but I wouldn't say it outright shatters it.

That being said the very idea of forming a large community in an urban area in the short-term aftermath of a zombocalypse is itself more suspension damaging to me than the Amazon murder shtick, even with the much less dangerous zombie virus the author used. The fact that things start rapidly going poorly after the MC's group leaves town (i havent finished yet but I assume the camp completely collapses) pretty much immediately brings that subplot back in line with the overall tone the author has set for the story.

My one serious complaint with the story so far is how Emmie's (the sheriff's daughter if I got the name wrong) death was written. The author's pattern of breaking up all the fucking with the occasional horrific reminder that you're in a zombocalypse works very well but Emmie needed to be developed better to make the pathos extend beyond the MC to the author, especially with the way her impending demise was made so obvious to the player well before it was revealed to the MC. I think it would have worked better if she had started to befriend Carol and Naomi first as the MC mentions, or if the MC had the opportunity to save her and tried but just failed (i.e. missing the shot to stop an infected/bandit, or even accidentally shooting her but that might be a bit too dark).

Teasing the player with what looked to be an eventually fuckable bandit was hilarious given how abruptly that was wrapped up.

I look forward to the author's next project.

Reactions: Xythurr

balboa2151

Jun 10, 2023
hello everyone...I'm really enjoying the game so far...I just started playing it...the one thing driving me crazy is the text box..I know some games allow you to make it transparent..is there anyway to achieve this? thanks

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
hello everyone...I'm really enjoying the game so far...I just started playing it...the one thing driving me crazy is the text box..I know some games allow you to make it transparent..is there anyway to achieve this? thanks
I never really noticed the text box, but if there is a scene you want to see without it, hit H on a PC/Mac. Don't know Android .. as I don't use it for gaming. Otherwise, sorry, don't remember a mod to make it transparent.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Question: Where does one put the "endings.rpy" patch file in the game?

So I got this patch file from the dev's Patreon page (which is probably the same one in the OP) but the associated post nor the comments detail where to actually place it. Someone mentioned placing it in the "game" subfolder in the game's directory. However, if one throws the file in there it's not replacing any file. In fact, I don't see a "endings.rpy" file at all immediately after extracting the download. So... put it in the "game" subfolder and call it good, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
Question: Where does one put the "endings.rpy" patch file in the game?

So I got this patch file from the dev's Patreon page (which is probably the same one in the OP) but the associated post nor the comments detail where to actually place it. Someone mentioned placing it in the "game" subfolder in the game's directory. However, if one throws the file in there it's not replacing any file. In fact, I don't see a "endings.rpy" file at all immediately after extracting the download. So... put it in the "game" subfolder and call it good, or am I missing something? Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.
So you are not playing the final version (v0.99)? The patch should only be for v0.26. The file would need to be in the"game" subfolder for it to work, it doesn't necessarily need to replace anything.

Reactions: Back

Darksavior

Dec 2, 2018
I'm enjoying my next playthrough of Now and Then.

For those who enjoy this great story, I think the addition of Julie (and even Hannah) endings really adds to the experience.

For anyone else enjoying another playthrough - Have fun!

Cheers!! :coffee:
Ngl I was like who is Hannah then I realized you added 2 letters :BootyTime:

Also I agree. I'm enjoying the bonus scenes (and the extra tidbit perspective lines) because it made Julie and Hana more fleshed out.

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

Back

Aug 3, 2017
So you are not playing the final version (v0.99)? The patch should only be for v0.26. The file would need to be in the"game" subfolder for it to work, it doesn't necessarily need to replace anything.
v0.99.0 Director's Cut, yeah, from the dev's own download link. Should be the same version as the one found on F95, isn't it? But yeah, I placed the file in that subfolder. Haven't tried the game as of yet since I didn't want any variables to break before I got too far into the game. I suppose though that's all that needs to be done and I'm good to go! Thanks for your comment regarding my question. Seems like a fun game to try. After all, y'all seem to enjoy it. ;]

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
v0.99.0 Director's Cut, yeah, from the dev's own download link. Should be the same version as the one found on F95, isn't it? But yeah, I placed the file in that subfolder. Haven't tried the game as of yet since I didn't want any variables to break before I got too far into the game. I suppose though that's all that needs to be done and I'm good to go! Thanks for your comment regarding my question. Seems like a fun game to try. After all, y'all seem to enjoy it. ;]
Yeah, it is a rare case of an actual good story for something you find on F95. However, keep in mind it is also very long. I keep needing to take breaks from it, and and am close but haven't quite finished it yet.

Since you are on v0.99, make sure you delete that endings.rpy file. It may not cause any problems, but since it was created for a different version be sure to delete it.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Since you are on v0.99, make sure you delete that endings.rpy file. It may not cause any problems, but since it was created for a different version be sure to delete it.
It should be noted that it's a patch file that's listed alongside v0.99.0-DC in the dev's post... ^^'

balboa2151

Jun 10, 2023
jesus christ...this game was f-ing amazing...I never wanted it to end...the story was one of the best that I've ever played!!!"
[SPOILER="]I wish that the developer would’ve had Alice and Hana to become pregnant. Also I could tell that Hana was developing feelings for the MC… I know Hana had her mansion to live in but I’m disappointed that Hana didn’t decide to leave her mansion to be with MC[/SPOILER]

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
You can find and download on F95 a mod called Renpy Universal Transparent Textbox Mod. Grab it and merge it into your game folder.

Crese1967895

Mar 10, 2020
I wont put this in spoilers as the game has been out a while. The "Julie" ending is not what you think it is. She is not your "one", and cannot be. However you get an ending where you are friends with benefits, if you slept with her at the camp one night in the hotel.
I got a pretty good ending, Carol + Sydney pregnant and living in same house with MC, Naiomi and Alice live with each other and frequently go to bang MC (Lovers).

I think that you can get a harem with 5/6 girls, and one WILL be a sex friend. At the end of the game you have the choice to either visit Hana or Julie and I think that's where that part diverges. If you visit Julie she becomes a lover and hana is a sex friend who deep down has feelings for MC. Vice versa if you visit Hana I'm sure. Can't confirm since I binged the game and only have a save that's a little too far back from the ending.

Never got a threesome scene though, but that's what the gallery unlockers for I suppose (No way I'm replaying this game, took close to 12 hours to get through and that's with me skipping through sex scenes)

Last edited:

sergerserj

Jul 2, 2021
Why it has incest tag? It's right in the plot that they're noting about that. No any patches also. Guest need mods to remove this fake not scum at all tag.
Anyway, game looks good in general.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Why it has incest tag? It's right in the plot that they're noting about that. No any patches also. Guest need mods to remove this fake not scum at all tag.
Anyway, game looks good in general.
Depending on where you are, an adoptive parent hooking up with their adopted child may be considered incest.

hic86

Jul 24, 2022
Gotta be honest, Kinda glad I wasn't playing this game through it's dev time and I started after it was done. So many good aspects to this game, it is quite the ride.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi
4.60 star(s) 280 Votes