Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

Okay, while it took a little longer than the previous updates, Chapter Nine (version 0.09.0) is on the schedule for an imminent release. If you've been reading the updates for this version, you've probably seen me state how this chapter required the building of an entirely new series of sets (aka take some existing locations, tweaking the crap out of them, and add lighting and props).

Let me say that the mod community has been wonderful and a lot of these locations wouldn't have been possible without them. I definitely want to give a shout out to the likes of , , Ram-o-Ram, and guangxihou for their excellent work.

Also added to the latest build is the Halloween Special 2020, two Then episodes previously available for patrons as a stand-alone app. The special can be accessed through the gallery.

Here's the release schedule for 0.09.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):
Tier 3: 10/10/2020
Tier 2: 10/12/2020
Tier 1: 10/14/2020
Public: 10/15/2020
Change Log 0.09.0
  • Added Chapter Nine
  • Added Halloween Special
  • Based on feedback, changed up the audio for the Two Girls, Two Rooms scene in Chapter 8
  • Minor grammar edits to previous content
  • Added two new music tracks and changed the audio in a couple earlier scenes
  • Reprocessed some older animations to improve quality/size
Sample screens:
Nowandthen Sample Pics1.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics2.jpg

- Kinderfeld

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
The wait is almost over! :p
Personally the wait begins :) I try not to think about a game between versions that way I am not missing it until I get confirmation that the next version is coming out .. Unless I am active on the feeds.

*minor f95 gripe* for some reason, I am no longer getting updates when this thread is updated (even though it is watched). Really annoying as I like reading the updates from the dev, etc.

D

Deleted member 59977

@ Kinderfeld

Quick question about the direction of the game - do we have to choose between Naomi or Carol going forward? Or will it be possible to romance them both?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
@ Kinderfeld

Quick question about the direction of the game - do we have to choose between Naomi or Carol going forward? Or will it be possible to romance them both?
I'm pretty sure he said you can have either or both, but I don't think you will be having group sex or anything cos Carol doesn't swing that way.

D

Deleted member 949883

I'm pretty sure he said you can have either or both, but I don't think you will be having group sex or anything cos Carol doesn't swing that way.
I got the impression that carol was bi-curious given that she had no problems making out with naomi during the truth or dare game.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
@ Kinderfeld

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It will be possible to romance them both. From chapter 10 onward, you'll have a choice to spend alone time with one girl or the other (may not be in all chapters depending on the narrative), which will affect the girl's love points. Depending on how much time you spread between them, you could end the game in a polyamorous relationship.

Planned are J+C end, J+C+N end, and a J+N ending (which will probably require you ignoring Carol at every opportunity), plus some other variations based on the stats you end up with.

As you can see by the image below, you can end Ch9 with both girls in a decent place, so you have a little love to spend.
screenshot0001.jpg
Carol isn't exactly into women, but she might warm to the idea of sharing Jack. Maybe a little curious but I wouldn't expect any C+N action. Or at least, not right away.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
"and a J+N ending (which will probably require you ignoring Carol at every opportunity),"

How anyone could play this game and ignore Carol is beyond me....my brain just can't compute.
:devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

It will be possible to romance them both. From chapter 10 onward, you'll have a choice to spend alone time with one girl or the other (may not be in all chapters depending on the narrative), which will affect the girl's love points. Depending on how much time you spread between them, you could end the game in a polyamorous relationship.

Planned are J+C end, J+C+N end, and a J+N ending (which will probably require you ignoring Carol at every opportunity), plus some other variations based on the stats you end up with.

As you can see by the image below, you can end Ch9 with both girls in a decent place, so you have a little love to spend.
View attachment 852916
Carol isn't exactly into women, but she might warm to the idea of sharing Jack. Maybe a little curious but I wouldn't expect any C+N action. Or at least, not right away.
Guess Jake will need to spread the love around...hehehe

Wonder if there will be a Naomi scene already in the next chapter.
I am inclined to think no becaue of story progression. Having to move, dealing with fixing the school for them to live on it and the aftermath of Carol's close encounter with a zombie. :unsure:

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes