Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I'm going with its a new character, one of the teachers hiding out there and knows the girls.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Yes it is that red. You guys need to pay more attention when playing.:p
Well, I mean... in most lighting it's pretty brown. I do remember it being pretty red in some shots but I chalked that up to red lighting. But it does look like man-hands to me, and I doubt Kinderfeld is introducing a new male character (at least, not one that'll last) so maybe it is Jack.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
You answered your own question. It is the light.
A lot of scenes in the apartment happen during the night when the light is dim. But outside when Jack is exploring under the sunlight his hair is bright red.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
It's Jack. His hair is reddish-brown that looks more brown in certain light. In that scene, the daylight is coming in from a window behind them.

September's public wallpapers feature a new location for Now & Then that'll make it's first formal appearance in the upcoming Chapter Nine. Of course, that means Naomi's gotta be saucy about it. Not that some of you mind, I think.

Also, check out the .

September 2020 Public #1

September 2020 Public #2

Hope you enjoy!
-Kinderfeld

KnowNoHope

Apr 16, 2020
checked the first 3 pages to see if it had an IC patch somewhere but I'm guessing it don't
will give it a try

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

Chapter Nine is chugging along. With so many new locations (and variations based on the time of day), the chapter is taking a little more time to get done. But, once many of these set variants, with specific lighting and color are finalized, they should be good for the next few chapters.

One of the more interesting turns in the development was how the middle portion of this update differs from the original plan document. Taking into consideration pacing and story-flow, I actually shuffled the story sequences into a different order. In playing them in a test state, they flow a lot more naturally.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For patrons, keep an eye out at the beginning of October for the release of a little Halloween gift. For the rest of you... well, you might have to see if something shows up in the next chapter's release.

Sample Screens:
Nowandthen Sample Pics.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics 2.jpg

Thanks for your support.
- Kinderfeld

erkper

May 16, 2018

Chapter Nine is chugging along. With so many new locations (and variations based on the time of day), the chapter is taking a little more time to get done. But, once many of these set variants, with specific lighting and color are finalized, they should be good for the next few chapters.

One of the more interesting turns in the development was how the middle portion of this update differs from the original plan document. Taking into consideration pacing and story-flow, I actually shuffled the story sequences into a different order. In playing them in a test state, they flow a lot more naturally.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For patrons, keep an eye out at the beginning of October for the release of a little Halloween gift. For the rest of you... well, you might have to see if something shows up in the next chapter's release.

Sample Screens:
View attachment 839175 View attachment 839174

Thanks for your support.
- Kinderfeld
That second sample screen features the weirdest eye chart I've ever seen...

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
That second sample screen features the weirdest eye chart I've ever seen...
Apparently one of my patrons said he'd seen one like that recently. Don't know if it's a regional thing (probably is). While I retextured a lot of the flyers and posters on the room's bulletin boards, I left the eye chart purely because I couldn't come up with a decent enough eye chart pun.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
It is on a really small wikipedia page, so while seems likely i can't promise it being true:

Reactions: Kinderfeld

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 281 Votes