Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
This game is criminally underappreciated. It should be much more popular then it is. My 2 cents.
Agreed. But you do know what happens to this thread when the game becomes popular?
I for once can live without all the seething simps that lurk in the popular threads like BARS, WVM, BaDIK ect.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
More popularity would likely mean more support for the dev. That is not a hard choice to make.

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
More popularity would likely mean more support for the dev. That is not a hard choice to make.
True but also more pressure to please certain crowds that haven't shown up yet. A double edged sword...
And thinking of it, I don't want the game to be popular... Call me burned but everything I liked in the past went to shit the moment it wasn't niche anymore... Black Metal, Death Metal, games by Paradox Interactive, Table Top RPGs like D&D or Vampire: The Masquerade, MMORPGs...hell the whole ero-game scene went to shit 5-ish years ago

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
True but also more pressure to please certain crowds that haven't shown up yet. A double edged sword...
And thinking of it, I don't want the game to be popular... Call me burned but everything I liked in the past went to shit the moment it wasn't niche anymore... Black Metal, Death Metal, games by Paradox Interactive, Table Top RPGs like D&D or Vampire: The Masquerade, MMORPGs...hell the whole ero-game scene went to shit 5-ish years ago
That is quite a selfish way of thinking mixed with some nostalgia. :rolleyes: :censored:

A developer with more support would be able to dedicate more time and resources to game making while also being able to cover their living expenses. In the end everyone wins with this.

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
RC-1138 Boss
If you think that I'm selfish because I don't want something I like to die the same slow, painful heat-death other things died I liked...then by all means.
This is the same non-discussion as if we debated about who's more selfish:
The person committing suicide becuase he/she can't take it anymore or the poeple who don't want the person to commit suicide but up to that point cared more about dirt below their fingernails than the person in question. (It's the people btw)

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
So... I was thinking about that perfume the MC smelled when he checked out the school. I know it's a long shot, but could it be Lori's friend? She was a teacher too, right? It's been a while since I played the first chapter, but I think Julie (if I remember her name correctly) was working with Lori. They were in a different school of course, but it kinda makes sense for a teacher to seek shelter to a somewhat familiar place. I have no clue if we're supposed to see her again of course, she could've been a minor side character, but it would be an interesting meet up. That's just a weird thought I had, because I'm quite sure they'll find someone in there.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
So... I was thinking about that perfume the MC smelled when he checked out the school. I know it's a long shot, but could it be Lori's friend? She was a teacher too, right? It's been a while since I played the first chapter, but I think Julie (if I remember her name correctly) was working with Lori. They were in a different school of course, but it kinda makes sense for a teacher to seek shelter to a somewhat familiar place. I have no clue if we're supposed to see her again of course, she could've been a minor side character, but it would be an interesting meet up. That's just a weird thought I had, because I'm quite sure they'll find someone in there.
I didn't even think about her. I was thinking maybe Naomi's mom. No idea why.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I didn't even think about her. I was thinking maybe Naomi's mom. No idea why.
Yeah, she was my first thought too, but he was so specific about how the perfume reminded him of Lori, that made me think of Julie. He even remembered the name, so I thought best friends might have similar tastes. I don't think it will be her, it will probably be someone completely random, but it would be a nice surprise. She was the one who brought Carol into the MC's life, so it could be interesting to see how she'd react now, their relationship evolved into something different.

wittnotyoyo

Jan 31, 2020
Yeah, she was my first thought too, but he was so specific about how the perfume reminded him of Lori
I was thinking the exact same thing as you when he smelled the perfume. I hope it isn't someone random. It would be more meaningful to have it be someone from "then".

Reactions: eddie987

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I wouldn't mind seeing the teacher or the Mom again it would certainly be quite the twist and the fact that Naomi seems certain that both her parents are dead it would be a nice reunion for her although stories like this sometimes it doesn't always work out that way although I'd certainly like to see the Naomi Mom back so she and the MC could hit off again, for now looks like we got our hands full protecting Carol and Naomi.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I know it's a little late for everyone here, but....

Part One: Chapter Eight [Version 0.08.0]

Fearing that their apartment is no longer a safe haven, Jack starts looking for a new place to live. With the looming threat of infected in the area, he and the girls must plan to leave.

Change Log 0.08.0
  • Added Chapter Eight
  • Change the format of text to improve legibility. Added drop shadow to light text. Added thin outline to red name text. Changed the color to hyperlink text.
  • Based on feedback, edited an animation from Chapter Three to remove some glitchy frames
  • Minor grammar edits to previous content
  • Due to user feedback, fixed a line at the end of Chapter 7 that is attributed to Carol rather than Naomi.
Sample Screens:
screenshot0001.jpg screenshot0002.jpg screenshot0003.jpg screenshot0004.jpg

Hope you enjoy the experience. Thanks for playing.

- Kinderfeld

CookieMonster

Donor
May 31, 2017
So... not sure if this is the right place to do it, or if going about it in this forum would be the best, but since Kinderfeld does read this forum, I figure I'd probably try to mention my only criticism so far of the game:

I personally think there's something a bit off with some parts of the sexy scenes that kind of makes the enjoyment of them a little smidge sub optimal. (As in, they wouldn't be the ones I go through again and again to fap to. They're enjoyable the first time around, but there feels like there's some small magic/refinement missing that separates it from the games where you can replay it almost every month or every few weeks to enjoy the small nuances in the scenes on those.)

I haven't exactly or entirely put my finger on what it is... but I'm trying to take a crack at it here...

For one thing, I definitely think the sound track used in the sexy times doesn't seem to be appropriate with every scene. There's a certain degree of goofiness to the sound track that just seems to break the sexual tension. With the latest scene, I get some mixed vibes, because it kind of feels like a scene where the music should be conveying just pure sexual tension and its release,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Other scenes that don't seem to meld perfectly with the choice of soundtrack in my opinion could be the

Regarding the

On the topic of sound effect melding, not sure if you've ever played Starless, but if you have, the bathroom scene with Mitarai is a kind of good one, where they change the soundtrack part way through, from one that is exploratory to one that is innocent/puppy lovesque which fits the transitions the characters are going through.

Or, on the darker side of things, there is the scene in Discipline the record of the crusade, where Otakawa is being gangbanged, where the soundtrack tension kind of rises, where the rapid tempo of the soundtrack culminates in the climax of the scene.

If we're looking for a western contemporary work of steamy scenes that I think meld pacing, writing, and atmosphere (visually and audibly) to a masterful level, I'd probably point to

For a game more Honey Select-ish in its graphical portrayal, I'd say Irphaeus's Waifu Academy has quite a few scenes that have pacing that hit the sweet spot.

Though in terms of writing, I'm not sure if the fault is entirely on the score or if there's a smidge of added tension that could drive the scenes to greater heights.

That said, this is all just my thoughts, and Kinderfeld does not need to make changes if it deviates from his/her vision, or at all. It might be fine the way it is. Or, if changes are to be made, they could also be made super far down the line, after the game is finished, or just as future polish.

Then again, maybe I should just shut up. The game's already really good as it is, so I shouldn't kill the goose that lays the golden egg. But talking about this does make me want to break down the steamy scenes for some games a lot more and try to figure out what their magic is.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
So... not sure if this is the right place to do it, or if going about it in this forum would be the best, but since Kinderfeld does read this forum, I figure I'd probably try to mention my only criticism so far of the game:

I personally think there's something a bit off with some parts of the sexy scenes that kind of makes the enjoyment of them a little smidge sub optimal. (As in, they wouldn't be the ones I go through again and again to fap to. They're enjoyable the first time around, but there feels like there's some small magic/refinement missing that separates it from the games where you can replay it almost every month or every few weeks to enjoy the small nuances in the scenes on those.)

I haven't exactly or entirely put my finger on what it is... but I'm trying to take a crack at it here...

For one thing, I definitely think the sound track used in the sexy times doesn't seem to be appropriate with every scene. There's a certain degree of goofiness to the sound track that just seems to break the sexual tension. With the latest scene, I get some mixed vibes, because it kind of feels like a scene where the music should be conveying just pure sexual tension and its release,
Other scenes that don't seem to meld perfectly with the choice of soundtrack in my opinion could be the

Regarding the

On the topic of sound effect melding, not sure if you've ever played Starless, but if you have, the bathroom scene with Mitarai is a kind of good one, where they change the soundtrack part way through, from one that is exploratory to one that is innocent/puppy lovesque which fits the transitions the characters are going through.

Or, on the darker side of things, there is the scene in Discipline the record of the crusade, where Otakawa is being gangbanged, where the soundtrack tension kind of rises, where the rapid tempo of the soundtrack culminates in the climax of the scene.

If we're looking for a western contemporary work of steamy scenes that I think meld pacing, writing, and atmosphere (visually and audibly) to a masterful level, I'd probably point to

For a game more Honey Select-ish in its graphical portrayal, I'd say Irphaeus's Waifu Academy has quite a few scenes that have pacing that hit the sweet spot.

Though in terms of writing, I'm not sure if the fault is entirely on the score or if there's a smidge of added tension that could drive the scenes to greater heights.

That said, this is all just my thoughts, and Kinderfeld does not need to make changes if it deviates from his/her vision, or at all. It might be fine the way it is. Or, if changes are to be made, they could also be made super far down the line, after the game is finished, or just as future polish.

Then again, maybe I should just shut up. The game's already really good as it is, so I shouldn't kill the goose that lays the golden egg. But talking about this does make me want to break down the steamy scenes for some games a lot more and try to figure out what their magic is.
I think you're putting too much into music and effects. But, this is the reason I mute games. I'd rather listen to my own music.

CookieMonster

Donor
May 31, 2017
I think you're putting too much into music and effects. But, this is the reason I mute games. I'd rather listen to my own music.
Well, music, effects and gameplay is all that differentiates a Visual Novel from a Novel. Also, I mainly put emphasis on music and effects in the criticism, because the writing portion of the game to me, doesn't particularly have many flaws, and the flaws it does have doesn't in any noticeable way thus far detract from the experience of the game, so I haven't had a need to criticize it.

And for games as a medium, it includes all the sound, effects, atmosphere, which is what makes it in my opinion more difficult than writing a novel, as the dev has to incorporate and balance all those elements.

As for muting games, I feel like that's not playing it the way the dev meant it to be played. As a whole, I think the game is meant to be enjoyed wholistically. If it was just meant to be enjoyed as a novel, there are plenty of other means by which it could have been done. If it was meant for just visuals and the novel aspect, it could have been made into a manga/comic/light novel, which would have saved the developer a lot of effort.

To each their own I guess.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Well, music, effects and gameplay is all that differentiates a Visual Novel from a Novel. Also, I mainly put emphasis on music and effects in the criticism, because the writing portion of the game to me, doesn't particularly have many flaws, and the flaws it does have doesn't in any noticeable way thus far detract from the experience of the game, so I haven't had a need to criticize it.

And for games as a medium, it includes all the sound, effects, atmosphere, which is what makes it in my opinion more difficult than writing a novel, as the dev has to incorporate and balance all those elements.

As for muting games, I feel like that's not playing it the way the dev meant it to be played. As a whole, I think the game is meant to be enjoyed wholistically. If it was just meant to be enjoyed as a novel, there are plenty of other means by which it could have been done. If it was meant for just visuals and the novel aspect, it could have been made into a manga/comic/light novel, which would have saved the developer a lot of effort.

To each their own I guess.
You have a point. I just am not a fan of ingame sounds or music. The dev's tastes are not mine. But, yes. To each their own.

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes