RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Played the update.

Quite interesting that the zombie Jack killed in the parking garage screamed someone's name (Luca). So they do retain some memories from their time was humans.
Guess they will meet someone else living inside the school bulding. My bet would be a former school teacher, more drama with Carol and Naomi sexy times...hehehe

Really hot double masturbation scene, quite liked that you could see both sides without having to choose.

Saves are not working.
I didn't had any trouble with them. :unsure:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Very good update, especially that the MC realizes that he needs to step up a notch.
MC needs to be a bit more affectionate towards Naomi though, so i'm allready curious what the dev planed for her in ch9.

The thing where i questioned the MC was about the Charger...
I think it was mentioned 2 times (including in this ch. in a short flashback) that the muscle-car, is loud as hell, can be heard thought the whole neighbourhood/block, but he don't like to use pistols because it's too loud and would attract all infected nearby... :FacePalm:
Add to that large fuel consumption and limitid cargo space, somehow not the best car in this situation.

Reactions: lunar517

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Saves are not working.
There shouldn't be issues with the saves unless something is corrupted. Being able to carry over saves was tops on my list things to make sure wasn't an issue for the game. I've attached a save for the end of Ch7 (CL8, CN4, CT7, NL4, NN1, NT4) for your use if you need a new save.
The thing where i questioned the MC was about the Charger...
I think it was mentioned 2 times (including in this ch. in a short flashback) that the muscle-car, is loud as hell, can be heard thought the whole neighbourhood/block, but he don't like to use pistols because it's too loud and would attract all infected nearby... :FacePalm:
Add to that large fuel consumption and limitid cargo space, somehow not the best car in this situation.
Oh, both the noise and fuel consumption issues will be coming in to play.
Why are the infected attacking people exactly? They don't seem to be eating them i mean that girl they were chasing wasn't
Think of them as something like 28 Days Later, where they have advanced encepalopathy. I'll delve deeper into this as the story progresses.

Arutha1988

Feb 26, 2018
the issue i have with the game is that there is no long term thinking. at least not that i can see. searching for food will only last for so long to keep surviving the need to farm or hunt. water to can be come a pro

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
All my save of chapter 7 didn't work, i had to go back as far as chapter 6 for a working save, if memory serve me right it was an error about the Rollback.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
This update had some intense moments. It had me on edge the whole time wondering when stuff was going to pop off out of nowhere.

Looking forward to what's next after these recent events.

May 13, 2018
I, too ran into the old saves problem.
Can't speak for everyone else, but I'm using the walkthrough and transparent text box mods.

Here's the traceback

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 770, in load
log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1983, in unfreeze
self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1815, in rollback
self.load_failed()
File "E:\Games\Now and Then\NowandThen-0.08.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1733, in load_failed
raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Now and Then 0.08.0
Sun Sep 13 22:56:02 2020
```

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes