Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Wow....I just played this and it's an absolute gem!! The fact that this game isn't better known is a crime, it deserves greater recognition.

At the end of the last chapter I was thinking this would be a cruel place to end it on such a cliffhanger, and sure enough the very next slide was "Chapter End"......Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Awesome story, fantastic writing and nice artwork. I'll write a review after a few more chapters, but so far 5 stars.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Sorry for the radio silence for a few days, but I was elbow-deep in the last two scenes of this update, which are pretty huge.
Only minor problem for me ( poor eyesight ) are the sometimes rather dark renders.
I've gone in and tweaked some of the darker scenes, knocking up the brightness a little. Hopefully, that'll help some.
At the end of the last chapter I was thinking this would be a cruel place to end it on such a cliffhanger, and sure enough the very next slide was "Chapter End"......Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Awesome story, fantastic writing and nice artwork. I'll write a review after a few more chapters, but so far 5 stars.
Yeah, the cliffhanger there was cruel but necessary, as Chapter Five opens like seconds after.

Some sample screens posted :
screenshot0002.jpg screenshot0003.jpg
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to post anything I've been working on over the last couple days, because of the heavy-duty spoilers involved.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Sorry for the radio silence for a few days, but I was elbow-deep in the last two scenes of this update, which are pretty huge.

I've gone in and tweaked some of the darker scenes, knocking up the brightness a little. Hopefully, that'll help some.

Yeah, the cliffhanger there was cruel but necessary, as Chapter Five opens like seconds after.

Some sample screens posted :
View attachment 717274 View attachment 717275
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to post anything I've been working on over the last couple days, because of the heavy-duty spoilers involved.
Holy crap Carol looks like she's already a zombie in that second pic! :oops:

So looking forward to Ch. 5!!

Oct 22, 2017
Pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it was to play through the current content. I'm all for the slow burn style of pacing so far. I enjoy the time spent to actually developing the relationship between the two main characters so that the idea of them having an intimate/sexual relationship has some actual feeling of weight and taboo. This is in contrast to many stories that contain "incest" as a quick and dirty tactic to invoke taboo when it's often the main character just barely meeting the females in the story and may as well not be related lol.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

And with that, Chapter Five is in the final testing stages. I should be uploading the final files before the night is over for release.

While I want to talk about all the work that went into this update, I don't want to ruin the user experience too much. Chapter Five brings to resolution the story's first big tent-pole plot point, leading to newer challenges for Jack and Carol. In fact, most of the screens released to date have been from early portions of the chapter, before the plot takes its dramatic turn.

Here's the release schedule for 0.05.0 (barring any technical issues):
Tier 3: 7/06/2020 (already released)
Tier 2: 7/08/2020
Tier 1 7/10/2020
Public: 7/11/2020

Change log for 0.05.0
  • Added Chapter Five
  • Fixed visual glitch in Gallery where "Locked" tag won't display on one of the Replay Scenes
  • Tweaked lighting in a few scenes where the renders were too dark to see clearly
Sample Screens:
Nowandthen Sample Pics1.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics2.jpg
- Kinderfeld

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017

And with that, Chapter Five is in the final testing stages. I should be uploading the final files before the night is over for release.

While I want to talk about all the work that went into this update, I don't want to ruin the user experience too much. Chapter Five brings to resolution the story's first big tent-pole plot point, leading to newer challenges for Jack and Carol. In fact, most of the screens released to date have been from early portions of the chapter, before the plot takes its dramatic turn.

Here's the release schedule for 0.05.0 (barring any technical issues):
Tier 3: 7/06/2020 (already released)
Tier 2: 7/08/2020
Tier 1 7/10/2020
Public: 7/11/2020

Change log for 0.05.0
  • Added Chapter Five
  • Fixed visual glitch in Gallery where "Locked" tag won't display on one of the Replay Scenes
  • Tweaked lighting in a few scenes where the renders were too dark to see clearly
Sample Screens:
View attachment 719945 View attachment 719946
- Kinderfeld
Cannot wait to get my grubby hands on it (I mean the update people .. :) A couple play-throughs and then a walk-through to update.

Reactions: Kinderfeld

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Cannot wait to get my grubby hands on it (I mean the update people .. :) A couple play-throughs and then a walk-through to update.
This is me right now:

Trying not to say anything before the public release. Biting my tongue as we speak to keep from blurting anything out.

Reactions: Default123x

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
This is me right now:

Trying not to say anything before the public release. Biting my tongue as we speak to keep from blurting anything out.
Yeah - I won't say anything (like I know anything to say at the moment). I know you have your release schedule (well I read your post). I could beg and ask for the scripts.rpa .. and I could write the walkthrough and release it on the 11th (after I see it posted here) or you could just release it as you see fit. Solely up to you.

I could beg .. :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I'm going to guess leasure suit larry, persona 5 and one of the dark souls games in her dream.
/shrug
Two for three. The first one was GTA4. I had a particular fondness for Roman and his yelling of seeing big American Titties. Its so dumb it makes me laugh.

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019
Two for three. The first one was GTA4. I had a particular fondness for Roman and his yelling of seeing big American Titties. Its so dumb it makes me laugh.
Oh damn. Haven't played that one. Got the other two though. I'm glad somebody making a game plays lots of different ones too.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Do we still get flashbacks after this update? I mean, will the 'Then' in Now and Then still be a thing going forward?

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Oh damn. Haven't played that one. Got the other two though. I'm glad somebody making a game plays lots of different ones too.

Yeah, I used to play a ton. Not as much recently. In fact, the last game I finished was Sekiro.
Do we still get flashbacks after this update? I mean, will the 'Then' in Now and Then still be a thing going forward?
Yeah, there will still be THEN moments going forward. There may be fewer, but they'll be inserted as a juxtaposition of the cast's current situation. Like the Photo Slides that show real-world pictures of what the world used to be like, THEN moments will always be around. In fact, Chapter Six's Plot Outline has three of varying lengths (one is short, the other two are longer).

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019
Yeah, I used to play a ton. Not as much recently. In fact, the last game I finished was Sekiro.

Yeah, there will still be THEN moments going forward. There may be fewer, but they'll be inserted as a juxtaposition of the cast's current situation. Like the Photo Slides that show real-world pictures of what the world used to be like, THEN moments will always be around. In fact, Chapter Six's Plot Outline has three of varying lengths (one is short, the other two are longer).
Awesome! glad I can help.

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
This and Harem Hotel are the only ones, out of a dozen VN's I follow, that I anxiously look forward to new versions of. You have another huge fan Kinderfeld - I just wish I was in a position to do a little financial support. It'd be worth every penny.

Reactions: Kinderfeld

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
This and Harem Hotel are the only ones, out of a dozen VN's I follow, that I anxiously look forward to new versions of. You have another huge fan Kinderfeld - I just wish I was in a position to do a little financial support. It'd be worth every penny.
Just knowing that people are looking forward to updates puts a little shine in my morning.

I've been around long enough to know that a small, new dev like myself needs more than just patrons. And I greatly appreciate my patrons and try to give them bonus content and early access to give them value. So, yay patrons! You guys rock.

But, I know that growing an audience is important. So, interacting with users on sites like F95zone is important. Same with spreading word of mouth. Getting feedback. It's all part of the bigger, long game.

Plus, some times it's just nice to hear that something you worked on is being enjoyed. So thanks!

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
New Release Banner Template.jpg

LINKS IN OP UPDATED

In Chapter Five, after Carol's earlier indiscretion, Jack decides to take a walk as the atmosphere inside Apartment 402 becomes tense. Leaving her to fret over the looming fallout of her choices, Jack must sort out what he feels and what his next step is.

Change log for 0.05.0:
  • Added Chapter Five
Sample Screens:
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png

Hope you enjoy the experience. Thanks for playing.
- Kinderfeld

4.60 star(s) 273 Votes