erkper

May 16, 2018
Thank God.

I like this game, a lot. It's a bit short on choices, but the writing so far is better than most of the Zombie Apocalypse movies that make it out of Hollywood (*cough - World War Z, I am Legend - cough.*) I like the way it gives a reasonable out to the incest storyline beyond the "magic dick" trope. (Though, to be fair, I wouldn't even consider it "incest" - socially unacceptable to hook up with your adopted daughter, yes, but not incest.)

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
This has been very promising so far the story is really well done you've got the current events going on fitted in with all the flashbacks and it looks like Carol's friend is on her way back which should make the situation between Jack and Carol more interesting. I guess it doesn't look good for Alice I guess the flashback is all we will have of her.

Reactions: darth_hiruma

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Alice, Ted & family are probably holed up in that self sufficient estate...
I'm sure that was Ted's plan, but did they actually make it there? That's what I like about games that don't go for mindless fuckfests, but have an actual well written storyline. The dev can go with the "obvious" path and when they'll eventually have to leave the apartment the MC will remember that conversation, he'll take Carol there and find them safe and sound. But there are also many different directions he can go. For instance what if they got attacked when they were halfway there and had to split up? What if they actually went there and the place wasn't safe or there was already someone else there who wasn't that friendly? I don't remember if their son was mentioned after shit hit the fan. Was he already with them when they left the house or they'd have to make a detour to go and get him first?

dumbass55

Jun 23, 2019
Am I the only one that likes psuedo incest? I think the idea of fucking your step-sister/daughter or adopted daughter/sister is pretty hot but real incest is usually a huge turn off, especially when there's romance.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Love seeing some theory crafting on the breadcrumbs left in the game. Not to worry, you'll start getting some clarity in Chapter Six.
It's a bit short on choices, but the writing so far is better than most of the Zombie Apocalypse movies that make it out of Hollywood (*cough - World War Z, I am Legend - cough.*)
Yeah, don't get me started on either of those. Huge fan of Matheson's I Am Legend and to not have a movie version that attempts to be faithful is sad. I mean, is the only version that even gets in the ballpark.

Here are some WIP screens from the next update that were posted on Twitter this past weekend.
Nowandthen Sample Pics SSS1.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics SSS2.jpg

blackbolt80

Aug 31, 2017
First of all, well done Dev! This game looks very promising. The story is engaging. The characters are well constructed. I second that it could be more routes. I know, this could result in much more work for the Dev, but it is just a suggestion. So far, the story goes to a love route. But as a fan of corruption, I would love to see a route in which the MC is a perv, Carol is more naive and he slowly talks Carol to be more kinky, and she reluctants do so. I can imagine a scene like that: MC is immune to the virus and he tells her that they need to have sex to save her. Cool, isn't it? I am also a fan of NTR, and would love to see a route that they were kidnapped by a gang and she is raped in front of him (I know, the majority here don't like this stuff, it could be a optional route and totally avoidable).

DiTo

Aug 31, 2018
Are there any plans to make it a harem? *Fingers crossed* Not that it's a must, I am just curious.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Are there any plans to make it a harem? *Fingers crossed* Not that it's a must, I am just curious.
Without giving too much away, other girls will be introduced as the story shifts from one segment to the next. Depending on your choices, there will the opportunity for a little hanky-panky with multiple girls.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Very nice game indeed!
Fairly realistic everyday apocalypse housekeeping tips as a bonus.
Only minor problem for me ( poor eyesight ) are the sometimes rather dark renders.
Well, with power gone and candle lit petting you don't have to look too close to know what's going on.
hanky-panky! I like!
Looking forward to playing further updates!

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

Time for another update for Chapter Five. While the work for the first six or so scenes zipped by quickly, we've hit the more work-intensive portion of the chapter. Three of the story's biggest moments are in the back half of the update, and as such, need to handled with care.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The main reason that the last two scenes, in particular, are taking so much time is due to the sheer number of unique poses being employed. There is a single transition where Jack and Carol move from [SPOILERY AS SHIT] to [WHOA SHIT THIS IS SPOILERY] that has ten distinct poses for both characters, not including hand and face variations. Not complaining. Just saying. Really not complaining, because I actually like it when this kind of nuanced work comes together, purely for the feeling that these are real characters.

On the Impacts of Choice
You may not know--oh, who am I kidding? You've been playing these kinds of games before. You know there's some hidden points system under the hood. There always is. Well, you've likely been accruing points as you play that will impact conversations, choices and even the game's end.

This choice in Chapter Four is the first real point where you can see how Carol feels, based on your earlier actions. While the top two choices are the player, through Jack, making the decision, the bottom one is based on one of three groups of points that the player can earn with Carol.

Love: This is, of course, a measure of Carol's feelings for Jack. Right now, this doesn't have a noticeable impact on the story. It will, in the future, help shape the course of the game's endings. Also, there will be choices later in the story where you may have to "spend" these points if you don't choose Carol.

Trust: This is earned by being honest with Carol about your situation. The more you treat her like an adult, the more she trusts you. Often, the decisions that earn Trust also earns Nerve. Trust points will impact future conversations and actions.

Nerve: This is a measure of Carol's nervousness about the world around her. The more you confide in her, or the more she sees the dangers for herself, the more stress she'll feel. As you see in the above decision, this may make her more cautious. With low Nerve, she volunteers to go to Roy's. With high Nerve, she suggests that Jack does it.

Sample Screens
Nowandthen Sample Pics1.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics2.jpg

- Kinderfeld

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017

Time for another update for Chapter Five. While the work for the first six or so scenes zipped by quickly, we've hit the more work-intensive portion of the chapter. Three of the story's biggest moments are in the back half of the update, and as such, need to handled with care.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The main reason that the last two scenes, in particular, are taking so much time is due to the sheer number of unique poses being employed. There is a single transition where Jack and Carol move from [SPOILERY AS SHIT] to [WHOA SHIT THIS IS SPOILERY] that has ten distinct poses for both characters, not including hand and face variations. Not complaining. Just saying. Really not complaining, because I actually like it when this kind of nuanced work comes together, purely for the feeling that these are real characters.

On the Impacts of Choice
You may not know--oh, who am I kidding? You've been playing these kinds of games before. You know there's some hidden points system under the hood. There always is. Well, you've likely been accruing points as you play that will impact conversations, choices and even the game's end.

This choice in Chapter Four is the first real point where you can see how Carol feels, based on your earlier actions. While the top two choices are the player, through Jack, making the decision, the bottom one is based on one of three groups of points that the player can earn with Carol.

Love: This is, of course, a measure of Carol's feelings for Jack. Right now, this doesn't have a noticeable impact on the story. It will, in the future, help shape the course of the game's endings. Also, there will be choices later in the story where you may have to "spend" these points if you don't choose Carol.

Trust: This is earned by being honest with Carol about your situation. The more you treat her like an adult, the more she trusts you. Often, the decisions that earn Trust also earns Nerve. Trust points will impact future conversations and actions.

Nerve: This is a measure of Carol's nervousness about the world around her. The more you confide in her, or the more she sees the dangers for herself, the more stress she'll feel. As you see in the above decision, this may make her more cautious. With low Nerve, she volunteers to go to Roy's. With high Nerve, she suggests that Jack does it.

Sample Screens
View attachment 712892 View attachment 712893

- Kinderfeld
Shamelessly stole copied the stats definition for the walk-through when v5 is out.

I saw the alternate dialog (or additional) as part of that CH4 choice, and mentioned it in the WT. If that is something you are looking for as a positive outcome, I can highlight those more in the WT. Right now I have been saying that the MC gets additional/alternate dialog if the stats don't change. Let me know you want it highlighted and I can do it. Editing in a word processor is pretty quick and easy.

Jun 11, 2018
at the end where it a girl saying she left her pack behind it kinda look like carol,s friend she had that outfit on before

pothb

Jan 28, 2018
Well, with the situation as is... guess they better stock up on salt and sugar... probably better with salt though.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Shamelessly stole copied the stats definition for the walk-through when v5 is out.

I saw the alternate dialog (or additional) as part of that CH4 choice, and mentioned it in the WT. If that is something you are looking for as a positive outcome, I can highlight those more in the WT. Right now I have been saying that the MC gets additional/alternate dialog if the stats don't change. Let me know you want it highlighted and I can do it. Editing in a word processor is pretty quick and easy.
You're good to set up the WT as you see fit. And swipe anything I post/publish explaining the game's limited systems as you see fit. If you're kind enough to invest your time in this, who am I to tell you your business. :)

Plus, it's never a bad thing for a second set of eyes to look at the game, sans foreknowledge of what I want to have going on in the background. Because sometimes the curse of knowledge can blind me to what's practically on display. Also, some of these choices really only make really minor tweaks in conversation or a changed outfit in a transition scene. Like you coming clean to Carol about seeing her in the bathroom means she reminds you that you needed to pee at the end of the chapter. It's only a single line, but that's the kind of ambient content I want to pepper the experience.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
You're good to set up the WT as you see fit. And swipe anything I post/publish explaining the game's limited systems as you see fit. If you're kind enough to invest your time in this, who am I to tell you your business. :)

Plus, it's never a bad thing for a second set of eyes to look at the game, sans foreknowledge of what I want to have going on in the background. Because sometimes the curse of knowledge can blind me to what's practically on display. Also, some of these choices really only make really minor tweaks in conversation or a changed outfit in a transition scene. Like you coming clean to Carol about seeing her in the bathroom means she reminds you that you needed to pee at the end of the chapter. It's only a single line, but that's the kind of ambient content I want to pepper the experience.
No worries .. I work full time - so only work on stuff after my 7am-5pm job is done ...

The curse of knowledge, foresight and repetition are the killers of many creative works. I can help out where I can and will hopefully get out an updated WT soon after your releases.

BTW - I love the fact you sprinkle little things in the dialog. Yes they may be throw away phrases from a story/"get my sex on" perspective (for now), but it shows how real people think, and the complexities of human existence. One of the reasons I wanted to write the WT - because I didn't want to miss any of those.

Anyways - Keep on doing - and I will keep on supporting. Thanks for the green light on using your content. I can not wait for v0.5

4.60 star(s) 273 Votes