JLP603

Apr 25, 2019
for some reason your game didnt appear in the "latest updates" tab of the f95zone website I guess I ll have to keep track of my notifications from watching the thread for future updates

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
This update is a bit slow but at least we got some actions near the end. Are we gonna get new survivors or it's gonna mainly revolve around Jack & Carol?
There will be more. I won't say more without getting into spoiler territory.

Reactions: darth_hiruma

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Promising game, good looking models and unique story
Another HS games i'm gonna follow from now
Thank you, i'm waiting for more
Glad to hear! I'll be posting news about the development of Chapter Four soon.

Reactions: Default123x

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Finally had time to give it a go, very nice game, well thought out between the Now and Then parts and like the story. Renders and all are good, a slower burn but thats alright with me just a nice end of the world slice of life if theres such a thing.

Look forward to more of your hard work, keep it up

Reactions: Kinderfeld

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

After a couple days off after the release of 0.03.0, we're back at it. Content for the first two scenes is already in the works. Luckily, this chapter features a lot of assets that were already built for the first three chapters.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The big new addition for 0.04.0 is the Replay Gallery (see image below). This screencap was taken from a save at the end of Chapter Three, so there should be a couple more to unlock when playing through 0.04.0.

Sample Screens
Nowandthen Sample Pic1.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pic2.jpg

- Kinderfeld

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

Just dropping off a short update on the progress. Most of the first five scenes are currently playable in the 0.04.0 build. As stated in the last update, most of the sets already exist, so a lot of the early work is scene arrangement, writing, and lighting. The only real change is one precipitated by a major story event (hint: the lighting in one of the sample screens is not for romantic reasons.)
Sample screens:
Nowandthen Sample Pics2.jpg
Nowandthen Sample Pics1.jpg

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

Right now, we're hovering at 60%. This number was actually higher before I added two additional scenes to the update plot outline. Neither sequence is planned to be particularly long, but I felt both would add to the experience, both in pacing and foreshadowing future events. So, adding a little extra work would be worth it for the final product.
In terms of GUI and non-story code, the Gallery is fully up and functioning. I dropped in two unlockable scenes from Chapter Four alone earlier today. So, updating the page without too much extra work looks doable.

Sample Screens:
Nowandthen Sample Pics1.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics2.jpg
- Kinderfeld

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019

Right now, we're hovering at 60%. This number was actually higher before I added two additional scenes to the update plot outline. Neither sequence is planned to be particularly long, but I felt both would add to the experience, both in pacing and foreshadowing future events. So, adding a little extra work would be worth it for the final product.
In terms of GUI and non-story code, the Gallery is fully up and functioning. I dropped in two unlockable scenes from Chapter Four alone earlier today. So, updating the page without too much extra work looks doable.

Sample Screens:
View attachment 693059 View attachment 693060
- Kinderfeld
ooo getting drunk and loose huh? Can't wait! Got to do something when your stuck inside during a zombie apocalypse.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

While I knew that the work on Chapter Four would be a little quicker this time around, I'm gonna admit at being surprised how quickly the last few scenes came together. With most of the sets and characters already built during the development of the first three chapters, most of my time was spend on custom animations of the more complex scenes.
Still, we've hit the test, read and pre-launch moment of the development cycle.
Barring any unforeseen issues in the last day of testing and uploading, the release calendar will be as such:
Tier 3: 6/18/2020
Tier 2: 6/20/2020
Tier 1 6/22/2020
Public: 6/23/2020
Change log for 0.04.0
  • Added Chapter Four
  • Added Gallery Mode, with the ability to unlock seven unique scenes (see image below)
As I've been mentioning for some time in updates, the Replay Galley has been in the work for a while. With the release of 0.04.0, you'll have access to scenes you've already viewed in-game. If starting a fresh new game (with no persistence data), this is what you'll see:

Sample Screens
Nowandthen Sample Pics1.jpg
Nowandthen Sample Pics2.jpg
- Kinderfeld

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
ooo getting drunk and loose huh? Can't wait! Got to do something when your stuck inside during a zombie apocalypse.
Not a zombie apocalypse. :p:LOL:

We covered this in Chapter Two:
screenshot0005.png screenshot0006.png
I, of course, am kidding and you can call it whatever you want. As long as you call. :p

I mean, it's dressed like a zombie apocalypse. Even if my semantics say otherwise (this gets into a whole thing about the practical aspects of rotting bodies failing to remain ambulatory after any length of time that requires a LOT of suspension of disbelief for me).

By now, CH4 has been released to Tier 3 patrons. It'll be released to Tier 2 tomorrow.

Sharqed

May 25, 2019
Question, I see group sex as one of the future tags, will that be optional? as I just wanna do it with carol and stay loyal lol. Also what about making babies :sneaky:?

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Question, I see group sex as one of the future tags, will that be optional? as I just wanna do it with carol and stay loyal lol. Also what about making babies :sneaky:?
It is planned to be optional. In fact, after a certain point in the story, it'll be on the player to choose their sexual partners. But, (as planned) if you have sex with multiple girls, you open up the potential for MFF scenes.

Any pregnancy content would be for the endings.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

Links in OP Updated

Part One: Chapter Four [Version 0.04.0]

In Chapter Four, things grow increasingly hot inside Apartment 402, in more ways than one. When they finally lose power, Jack and Carol must rush to salvage their perishable foods. Also, now without AC, the Summer heat forces them to dress down.

Change log for 0.04.0
  • Added Chapter Four
  • Added Gallery Mode, with the ability to unlock seven unique scenes
Sample Screens

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png
Thanks for playing. Hope you enjoy.

- Kinderfeld

Quicksilver

Aug 5, 2016
I found you shamelessly shilling this in the Kindread thread. It's absolutely exceptional so far and very story heavy. The writing is so well done and detailed it reminds me of Japanese visual novels. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I found you shamelessly shilling this in the Kindread thread. It's absolutely exceptional so far and very story heavy. The writing is so well done and detailed it reminds me of Japanese visual novels. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this.
Yeah, I hate to shill, but I figured the audience for Kindread would be interested in something else similar in the genre.

It's funny you mention Japanese visual novels because I actually cut my proverbial teeth on the likes of , , and before moving on to others (Sagara-sanchi no Etsuraku Life ♪, Watashi ni Kon'ya☆Ai ni Kite, etc.). So, I've got a fair understanding of the genre. Or, I hope I do. :)

4.60 star(s) 274 Votes