Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019
I really like it. Not much in the way of sexual content, but that's totally fine. I enjoy a slow burn if done correctly, and this one is done correctly. The characters are good (I can relate to MC if I was maybe 6 years older) and I really like Carol. The story is also good, as I do enjoy apocalyptic settings. Definitely keeping my eyes open on this one.

P.S. Loved seeing the Slayer shirt.
Slow burn is where it's at. Unless you work it into the climax or sex scene i lose interest almost immediately, because it just becomes 2 people having sex and not the 2 characters you've come to know.

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

Progress is a little slow going, but it is going. The first three days of development were tied up in polishing up the GUI and doing some essential asset building, including two sets that needed to be finalized for a number of scenes. While the menus and user interface aren't 100% final, they're pretty close to done for this release.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Technically, right now, the first three scenes at nearing the 90%* done mark (with the fourth closing in on it). Considering that the first scene had six location changes, including one set that needed to be finalized, I have to think the rest will go faster.

* For those not in the know, 90% is what I give scenes that are built, shot, written, and coded but need one last editing/re-shooting pass before I consider them ready for testing.

Also, kicking around some code for a Replay Room for 0.04.0. It won't be implemented before then because I don't want to get too tied up with it in 0.03.0 and frankly, there won't be enough scenes to warrant its implementation just yet (I promise there will be sexy stuff coming but this is a slow burn).

SAMPLE SCREENS
Nowandthen Sample Pics_1.jpg

Nowandthen Sample Pics_2.jpg
- Kinderfeld

Reactions: eddie987 and Repuci

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

Progress is a little slow going, but it is going. The first three days of development were tied up in polishing up the GUI and doing some essential asset building, including two sets that needed to be finalized for a number of scenes. While the menus and user interface aren't 100% final, they're pretty close to done for this release.

Technically, right now, the first three scenes at nearing the 90%* done mark (with the fourth closing in on it). Considering that the first scene had six location changes, including one set that needed to be finalized, I have to think the rest will go faster.

* For those not in the know, 90% is what I give scenes that are built, shot, written, and coded but need one last editing/re-shooting pass before I consider them ready for testing.

Also, kicking around some code for a Replay Room for 0.04.0. It won't be implemented before then because I don't want to get too tied up with it in 0.03.0 and frankly, there won't be enough scenes to warrant its implementation just yet (I promise there will be sexy stuff coming but this is a slow burn).

SAMPLE SCREENS
View attachment 660762

View attachment 660761
- Kinderfeld
I hope we find the blonde girl alive. Our step-daughterfu needs a companion and we need a bigger Harem.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Not sure how much interest there is in Fan Signatures, but I pulled together a couple for everyone's use.

BB Code:
Code:
[URL='https://f95zone.to/threads/now-then-v0-02-1-ilsproductions.51634/'][IMG]https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/05/675436_Nowandthen-fan_sig1.gif[/IMG][/URL]

BB Code:
Code:
[URL='https://f95zone.to/threads/now-then-v0-02-1-ilsproductions.51634/'][IMG]https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/05/675437_Nowandthen-fan_sig2.gif[/IMG][/URL]

BB Code:
Code:
[URL='https://f95zone.to/threads/now-then-v0-02-1-ilsproductions.51634/'][IMG]https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/05/675434_Nowandthen-fan_sig3.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019

SAMPLE SCREENS
View attachment 660762

View attachment 660761
- Kinderfeld
Slow burn away my friend.

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019
Also how often do you plan to update? Can I treat this like a weekly sitcom or it comes when it comes? Both is fine I'm just curious.

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Also how often do you plan to update? Can I treat this like a weekly sitcom or it comes when it comes? Both is fine I'm just curious.
It'll be released chapter by chapter, when each is done. I figure, barring complications, that'll be roughly a monthly deal. Chapter Two had an 18-day cycle, but that's not a sustainable pace. Especially as there gets to be more variables and alternate paths.

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019
It'll be released chapter by chapter, when each is done. I figure, barring complications, that'll be roughly a monthly deal. Chapter Two had an 18-day cycle, but that's not a sustainable pace. Especially as there gets to be more variables and alternate paths.
Ah I see, thank you for your response. Looking forward to more. Don't over work yourself. :D

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

Not a lot to say except that progress is humming along. We're at 56%, with three major events still on the schedule that should take us close to 90%.
Pretty much all of the base code for the eventual release of the Replay Gallery is also done. I've done a bit of "future-proofing" where if I need to expand the Gallery into a full blown Extras section, it shouldn't take too much work to do so.

SAMPLE SCREENS
Nowandthen Sample Pics1.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics2.jpg

- Kinderfeld

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019

Not a lot to say except that progress is humming along. We're at 56%, with three major events still on the schedule that should take us close to 90%.
Pretty much all of the base code for the eventual release of the Replay Gallery is also done. I've done a bit of "future-proofing" where if I need to expand the Gallery into a full blown Extras section, it shouldn't take too much work to do so.

SAMPLE SCREENS
View attachment 664675 View attachment 664676

- Kinderfeld
Looking forward to it!

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

The theme for May's final batch of wallpapers would have been Graduation, but with the current situation and numerous college and high school kids having to forgo their last semester, I changed it to a more School Locker Room theme.
As stated , my general plan for wallpapers/pin-ups is:
  • Standard Patron-Exclusive wallpapers/pin-ups.
  • Special holiday or event-based wallpapers/pin-ups. These may or may not be exclusive. At the very least they will be timed exclusives.
  • Public wallpapers/pin-ups meant for promotion/marketing.

Progress on 0.03.0 is going well. Probably two more scenes and a couple transitions left to complete before it's ready to hit the testing stage.
- Kinderfeld

ianpac

Oct 31, 2018
Really like it! I'm liking the relationship between the two characters! Cant wait for more!

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
I have the exact same Slayer - Reign in Blood shirt as the MC, when you visit Ted and Alice.
Are you a Slayer Fan as well Kinderfeld ?
Yeah, I grew up with Slayer, Testament, Anthrax and the like. Spread out to other genres as I got older, but I always drop a little thrash when I want something loud playing in the background.

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
Not sure how much interest there is in Fan Signatures, but I pulled together a couple for everyone's use.

BB Code:
Code:
[URL='https://f95zone.to/threads/now-then-v0-02-1-ilsproductions.51634/'][IMG]https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/05/675436_Nowandthen-fan_sig1.gif[/IMG][/URL]

BB Code:
Code:
[URL='https://f95zone.to/threads/now-then-v0-02-1-ilsproductions.51634/'][IMG]https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/05/675437_Nowandthen-fan_sig2.gif[/IMG][/URL]

BB Code:
Code:
[URL='https://f95zone.to/threads/now-then-v0-02-1-ilsproductions.51634/'][IMG]https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/05/675434_Nowandthen-fan_sig3.gif[/IMG][/URL]
seems like i might have missed a little gem here. found it thanks to someone sportin that 3rd sig, which is fantastic by the way. looks like i'll maybe check it out now. party on wayne.

Reactions: Kinderfeld

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

This should be the final progress update for Chapter Three (0.03.0) because it's on the slate for release. Soon. Like, if I don't run into any last second issues, it'll release for Tier 3 Patrons before the end of Wednesday, the 27th.
Planned Release Schedule:
Tier 3: 5/27/2020
Tier 2: 5/29/2020
Tier 1 5/31/2020
Public: 6/1/2020
Change log for 0.03.0
  • Added Chapter Three
  • Added the ability to change the MC's last name
  • Added the ability to change the MC's fist and last names from the menu during the game
  • Added Credits menu and restructured Credits, About and Help under the Info menu hub
  • Updated the Menu GUI
  • Added base code for Replay Gallery implementation in 0.04.0
As , this update will include an update for the option to change your main character's name. At the start of the game, you can now choose both first and last names. Also, mid-game, you can change the name from an option in the Preferences menu.

As you can see from below, there are also some design changes to the GUI, updating the menu buttons and consolidating the Help, About, and Credits pages under one hub.

Sample Screens

Nowandthen Sample 1.jpg
Nowandthen Sample 2.jpg

- Kinderfeld

Jjay08

Nov 16, 2019

This should be the final progress update for Chapter Three (0.03.0) because it's on the slate for release. Soon. Like, if I don't run into any last second issues, it'll release for Tier 3 Patrons before the end of Wednesday, the 27th.
Planned Release Schedule:

Change log for 0.03.0

• Added Chapter Three
  • Added the ability to change the MC's fist and last names from the menu during the game
  • Added Credits menu and restructured Credits, About and Help under the Info menu hub
  • Updated the Menu GUI
As , this update will include an update for the option to change your main character's name. At the start of the game, you can now choose both first and last names. Also, mid-game, you can change the name from an option in the Preferences menu.

As you can see from below, there are also some design changes to the GUI, updating the menu buttons and consolidating the Help, About, and Credits pages under one hub.

Sample Screens

View attachment 672397
View attachment 672398

- Kinderfeld
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to release!

Kinderfeld

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018

Part One: Chapter Three [Version 0.03.0]

In Chapter Three, it become increasingly tense around the apartment as both bandits and infected get too close for Jack's liking. Also, when out on a supply run, Jack considers a frivolous gift for Carol.

Change log - 0.03.0
  • Added Chapter Three
  • Updated the Menu GUI
Screens
screenshot0001.jpg screenshot0002.jpg screenshot0003.jpg

Download links updated in first post.

Enjoy!

4.60 star(s) 273 Votes