Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I like how this always keeps up the suspense of anything that could happen next this is certainly the best Zombie Apocalypse game out there I like how they have decided to talk about not hanging around the school for much longer I mean the bandits was one thing but I think from a previous update there was mention of a fire and if uncontrolled that has all the makings of being a disaster so not just Zombies and bandits that are the main issue but nature itself!

Reactions: Real Kreten

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Nowandthen Update Banner.jpg

It occurs to me that the development and workflow that each chapter goes through almost always proves to be a different experience each time. Some episodes are built in quarters, while others have the intimate scenes left until the end of the build (due to them being more complex with the integration of animations). Chapter 15 may be the first time where I'm technically (by the tracking spreadsheet) about halfway done, but realistically have about a 90% playable build.

By that I mean that, outside of the last scene, you could play through the current episode and mostly get what's going on. There's some script that's in an alpha state (some that's even just placeholder), some scenes that'll get re-shot, and very little in the way of audio code/story flags in the code right now.

So, hopefully, by the end of this weekend, I'll be able to move on to filling in the holes and polishing this release for testing and uploading next week.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sample Screens
Nowandthen Sample Pics.jpg Nowandthen Sample Pics2.jpg

Thanks for your interest and support,
- Kinderfeld

VN..reader

Aug 28, 2020
"Jack tries to learn how to be a new father to a teenage girl." Insert Penis, Stir for 2 minutes and ... pop goes the weasel

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Kinderfeld
I have a question..
In the school arc...why didn't MC & the girls (Carol & Naomi) put together 2 beds...for them to sleep together...I'm not saying 3somes...just to sleep...
This question always bugged me xD
Is it story wise something?or render wise? or something else?

meanmanatee

Oct 20, 2017
Kinderfeld
I have a question..
In the school arc...why didn't MC & the girls (Carol & Naomi) put together 2 beds...for them to sleep together...I'm not saying 3somes...just to sleep...
One part of the answer is probably it was easier to set up the scene that way. There were cot assets but not double cot assets. The other part of the answer, and in head lore, is cots aren't comfy when put together. The edges of cots are uncomfortable as all hell and sleeping with any part of your body between two cots would be a nightmare.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MrFriendly and BTLD

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
One part of the answer is probably it was easier to set up the scene that way. There were cot assets but not double cot assets. The other part of the answer, and in head lore, is cots aren't comfy when put together. The edges of cots are uncomfortable as all hell and sleeping with any part of your body between two cots would be a nightmare.
at one point in my life I slept on 2 beds , side by side...wasn't really uncomfortable...granted I also put a blanket in between which helped a lot but still...

Reactions: ninjahotsprings

P3zz0

MP-40 Enjoyer
Donor
Compressor
Jul 8, 2017
Good evening lads, Ch15 is right around the corner so here a little something to be hyped about.
Enjoy the reading lads and stay frosty, don't forget to wish a Happy Birthday to this project to the man Kinderfeld in the comment!

Nowandthen Update Banner.jpg

Kinderfeld

Developer of Now & Then and The Interim Domain
Game Developer
Feb 11, 2018
Kinderfeld
I have a question..
Mixture of a couple of things. One, the map has those cots baked in so there's no way to move them. I could have replaced them with something else, but that would have required basically rebuilding a large portion of the map. Secondly, I wanted the location to not exactly have the same comforts as home (lack of privacy, difficulty to do more than sleep on the beds) as a point. There are definitely spots (especially in 15) where the void of homely comfort is a "pain point." I mean, Jack and Carol haven't "slept together" in a bed since they left the apartment. So, when they eventually find a new place to resettle, there's a juxtaposition of it feeling "more like a home."

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Mixture of a couple of things. One, the map has those cots baked in so there's no way to move them. I could have replaced them with something else, but that would have required basically rebuilding a large portion of the map. Secondly, I wanted the location to not exactly have the same comforts as home (lack of privacy, difficulty to do more than sleep on the beds) as a point. There are definitely spots (especially in 15) where the void of homely comfort is a "pain point." I mean, Jack and Carol haven't "slept together" in a bed since they left the apartment. So, when they eventually find a new place to resettle, there's a juxtaposition of it feeling "more like a home."
mkay , makes sense :D

meanmanatee

Oct 20, 2017
at one point in my life I slept on 2 beds , side by side...wasn't really uncomfortable...granted I also put a blanket in between which helped a lot but still...
I do that with my current bed, two twins can make a budget queen :)
I tried it with a cot like those in the game once on a school trip once and ended up with a bruise on my hip.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Thought you were on the wrong thread talking about a harem until I saw the measurements, haha...
Well - I mean if you had a 36 inch waist, and two girls standing side by side would be the width of a king mattress ... :)

Or just be a big-tall-wide MF like me ... and hog the whole damn thing to yourself ... lol

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
So, reached the end of Chapter 14, so caught up with the Dev on another game.

Anyways, thank you for the 14 chapters, and I will be looking forward now for Chapter 15.

Reactions: Real Kreten
4.60 star(s) 281 Votes