mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
That's what I'm saying. You say he does harem mod but allowing her to have sex with Sydney is not really a harem choice. It leads a dialogue where mc basically says that she can fuck whomever she wants and says they are not exclusive. Also if you allow her to fuck Sydney, Naomi's pregnancy talks doesn't happen. I've played without a mod and have seen it. The obvious harem choice for Naomi is 'I want to keep you for myself'. However the mod literally locks you the route where you allow Naomi to fuck Sydney no matter what you choose. Even if you choose the 'I want to keep you for myself' the mod still locks you to the route where they fuck. That's about it. Anyways have a nice day
I will follow-up, if you want the perfect story - quit using the mod. This dev - more than any other dev I have seen - changes the wording based on your choices. When you unlock EVERY SCENE (which the mod does), you trip every flag for every choice. So if you see a scene where you ignore a girl, then go back and don't ignore a girl - the game, when it comes to a choice - assumes you didn't ignore her (as that is what you saw second). The flag may be used a dozen times in a chapter to have the appropriate conversation with the MC and another NPC. This is the nature of THIS game. The dev is meticulous on conversations, and the choices matter in the dialog for the exact reason you are stating - the story.

So I would say you cannot have your cake and eat it too. You cannot have a single run through, view all the scenes, and then conversations based on what you wanted to see. That would take dozens hours of programming and Zoey does not spend that much time per release making each MOD. She spends an hour or two (I have talked to her about it). I spend a couple hours per release on the Walkthrough, reading the code, fixing choices on things that have changed (in previous chapters), and trying to make sure I know what is going on and how each choice changes the game.

If you want to see all the scenes - and not miss anything - there is a gallery on the main page. My WT tells you how to unlock everything. Get a save at chapter 6 (before Naomi) and hold down shift to skip to the next major decision points, and create a new save. It takes 5 minutes to skip 16 chapters worth of content, only stopping for the decision points. I have 4 (main) saves currently, A harem runthrough, a Carol runthrough, a Naomi runthrough, and a Sydney runthrough. This is simple and took me 10 minutes to create the other 3 runthroughs after the first was created (and update each chapter).

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
I kept asking myself what the hell is wrong with them!? Why is no one saying anything!? Shame about Missy I know you can't save everyone but that was still rough.

I've had a hard time paying attention to this and the previous update. It's difficult when you know that everything happening might be negated, at this point I'm just waiting for the whole place to explode. What idiot leaves an oil drum full of acetone which is leaking fumes in a closed room with anything that can generate a spark, especially a generator with a diesel motor? (other than the person who put it there originally)

EDIT: Well I made it to the end and needless to say I'm not waiting anymore, although the place should have gone off like a bomb but w/e

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Kinderfeld So, rather than use one of the provided saves, I went ahead and started a new game figuring I'd get to see the extra unlocked scenes mentioned near the end of a couple releases, unless those are gallery scenes.. anyways, I got up to the "Questions" bit near the end of Chapter 6 and the options never popped up. Asked Carol one thing then got bumped straight to the "Truth or Dare" section. Is this intentional? Maybe part of why the saves are bugged out?

Nevermind.. apparently, this only happens if you load a save, Ignore the error, and start a game from that error instead of the main menu. Oddly enough, I also had points for Sydney by the time that scene rolled around. You know, long before we were even hinted of her existence.

Last edited:

matt2c2

Jan 26, 2018
I put off playing the update because the game recognized the scenes I've unlocked but doesn't remember my saved game. kind of a pain in the ass. but damn. the update was amazing storywise with great renders and it was BIG. worth the hassle, but maybe a dev made save for us who've played this since the first release and don't want to click and skip to the new content

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
I put off playing the update because the game recognized the scenes I've unlocked but doesn't remember my saved game. kind of a pain in the ass. but damn. the update was amazing storywise with great renders and it was BIG. worth the hassle, but maybe a dev made save for us who've played this since the first release and don't want to click and skip to the new content
But he DID post some saves. Scroll back a few pages to the 0.15 release post.

CoffeeDrinker

May 7, 2018

Okay, if you played Chapter 15 to completion, you probably have an idea of what's going to go down in Part 2's final episode. Think of it as the end of the second season. So, if you want to skip out on most of the spoiler talk, skip past the paragraphs after the progress tracker image and go straight to the bold heading titled "Announcement about scheduling" at the bottom for some development-related news.

I'm gonna go ahead and just state that Chapter 16 is packed, content-wise. Not including the four unlockable alt-scenes (which open up at the end of the episode), just about every sequence is long. In the first third of this chapter, there isn't a scene that's just some simple transition filled with day-to-day conversations. In fact, I don't think the story slows enough to breathe until about scene five. And that's just a pit stop until the next stretch.
Outside of the first few sequences, Chapter 16 is going to feature a lot of new locations. And even the school sets you see get a bit of a shake up as Jack and the girls have to make their hasty retreat. I like to think of this as the table flip of chapters.

While I have no choice but to drop some spoilery images over the next few updates, there are definitely some moments I'm gonna keep under wraps until after the chapter's release. There's "what you know," "what you kinda guessed might happen," and "well, that just happened" in terms of spoilers here.
Announcement about scheduling
Before the development of Now & Then began I was working from home 100% of the time, which gave me a lot of downtime that I could use to knock out bits and pieces of the game (script, image processing, animation rendering/conversion). Unfortunately, it appears that my time as only a telecommuter is possibly coming to an end. With vaccinations on the rise in my area and most businesses chomping at the bit to get back to the way things used to be, it looks like I'll required to go back to the office.
What does this mean? Work on Now & Then will continue. But, the schedule of knocking out an episode every month looks decreasingly unlikely. Let's be honest, though: this was an unsustainable pace. The next project (currently in planning stages) was going to have a more traditional release schedule. For right now, I'm hoping that this will only add days/a week or two to the development cycle. I've picked up enough tricks over the past year that most of what I do is pretty streamlined. We'll see how it all plays out.
But if this is a non-starter for you as a patron, I understand. I wanted to let you know now before it becomes a sure thing, so that you would be informed and prepared for when it does happen.
Thanks for your support and your interest,
- Kinderfeld

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Why don't you play the game this time Pappi...i mean Jbuttler instead of asking for nonsense? :rolleyes:

Anyway, will restart from the begining since my saves don't work and i am not interested in using the provided saves (just personal preference). It will be a good way to make the game fresh on my memory.:)

Reactions: MrFriendly
4.60 star(s) 281 Votes