mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
don't play with WT , WT is made to show you all scenes
I mean if you don't want Naomi to sleep with Sydney then you should not play with WT
I would say it a different way, pick the choices in the WT that say "you don't sleep with her" if that is what you want. I wrote it to get he max points with all girls, but also delineate each choice and what it does (to stats, what will happen, etc.) You are technically making an informed choice, unless you are just clicking on the green choices without knowing why you are picking them.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
I would say it a different way, pick the choices in the WT that say "you don't sleep with her" if that is what you want. I wrote it to get he max points with all girls, but also delineate each choice and what it does (to stats, what will happen, etc.) You are technically making an informed choice, unless you are just clicking on the green choices without knowing why you are picking them.
even if you pick the choices for Naomi to not sleep with Sydney the game still treats it like you chose that , so yea..
Just for the sake of saying this ...I am not complaining ...of the mod or of the game, we have been let known that the mod will show us ALL the scenes...so I'm not complaining since it's my choice to use the mod , nobody is forcing me to use...
But yea...basically if you don't want for Naomi to sleep with Sydney....play with no mod..I know I have 2 games installed :p one with mod one without ..and 2 saves :D

Reactions: HadazzH

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
even if you pick the choices for Naomi to not sleep with Sydney the game still treats it like you chose that , so yea..
Just for the sake of saying this ...I am not complaining ...of the mod or of the game, we have been let known that the mod will show us ALL the scenes...so I'm not complaining since it's my choice to use the mod , nobody is forcing me to use...
But yea...basically if you don't want for Naomi to sleep with Sydney....play with no mod..I know I have 2 games installed :p one with mod one without ..and 2 saves :D
Can you point out where that is? The dev might look into it (as he reads this forum). I have done the code walkthroughs for my walkthroughs and there are a ton of "if sydney_sex<=0, say this, else treat MC like he slept with you" type things. Dev might have missed one, so just curious.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Can you point out where that is? The dev might look into it (as he reads this forum). I have done the code walkthroughs for my walkthroughs and there are a ton of "if sydney_sex<=0, say this, else treat MC like he slept with you" type things. Dev might have missed one, so just curious.
well....if you play with walkthrough and tell Naomi you don't want to share her you get the dialogue for not sharing her and then because you play with the WT you see her scene and because you saw her scene I'm guessing when the update ends game treats it (in dialogue ) like Naomi slept with Sydney...can't really point out exactly since I have no idea how to and I'm not that bright with scripts and what not...just talking out of experience.
But again I'm not upset because is my choice to play with the WT , so Dev & Modder they are doing a god damn good job :D

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
oh...yea I'm definetly talking about the WT Mod...I guess ....I should have mentioned that...Sorry... :D
tl;dr the walkthrough mod changes the script and forces all scenes to be viewable. Even at the cost of mucking up variables for future content.

Reactions: mordred93

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Yeah no reason to use. I found it perfectly possible to balance Jack's time between Carol, Naomi and Sydney for a polyamour route without issue, the game does a good job on that.
And if you can't see a scene in one playthrough you could always reload a save to make alternative routes.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
oh...yea I'm definetly talking about the WT Mod...I guess ....I should have mentioned that...Sorry... :D
Got it - Since I write the PDF Walkthrough - I was hoping I didn't screw something up - which I would fix if I did. That was why I was curious if I read something wrong.

Reactions: BTLD

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Got it - Since I write the PDF Walkthrough - I was hoping I didn't screw something up - which I would fix if I did. That was why I was curious if I read something wrong.
Sorry friendo , I wasn't clear from the beginning so the fault lies with me.

Reactions: mordred93

CoffeeDrinker

May 7, 2018

And here we are with update #2, elbow-deep into the build. While the tracker says 52% of the work is done, I'd actually say that about 70% of the chapter is in a playable state.

Not to oversell it, but Chapter 16 is packed, content-wise. There is a modifier for the progress tracker which is used to properly gauge how much work will go into every scene. On an average episode, this tends to average out (total complexity score/number of scenes) to 1.6 to 1.8. This means that there's usually three complex scenes with a ton of smaller moments scattered around. Chapter 11 was the last really big episode at 1.9.
Chapter 16 comes in at a score of 2.0, with even the average scene requiring a lot more posing and render work. Add in four alternative scenes and Part Two is going to go out with a bang.
Thanks for your support and your interest,
- Kinderfeld

MannyTearson92

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
I've always been a fan of zombies. Though, it is a bit too bad it's not like the movies. Still enjoyable. The dialogues, the rendering of your images, it's all beautifully made. One thing that gets me is not knowing the MC's face. But my imagination keeps running wild that I almost see him as Norman Reedus from the Walking Dead. Personality is different but even so. It's a really good game. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more of your... well, work. Lol

Sylar1234

Apr 21, 2019

Here's the release schedule for 0.16.0 (all scheduled for 11:59 am EDT release):

Tier 3 - May 16, 2021
Tier 2 - May 18, 2021
Tier 1 - May 20, 2021
Public - May 21, 2021

I'm looking forward to the end of the second chapter :love:

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I follow both projects and it's hard to compare them. Once in a Lifetime has quite a relaxed atmosphere and relies a lot on humor, be it through its characters or through absurd situations. Now and Then relies more on drama and tragedy that create such a setting. The relaxed and humorous nature of Once in a Lifetime would not only not fit here, it would also disrupt the overall immersion.

4.60 star(s) 280 Votes