The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Wait a sec, I choose to spare Cassie and we killed her anyways???
Is there any way to avoid this?

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Wait a sec, I choose to spare Cassie and we killed her anyways???
Is there any way to avoid this?
Na, I don't know what was going on there but it happens regardless. As a plot point, the whole thing was pretty badass but the execution of it afterwards (if you excuse the pun) was odd.

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
Wait a fucking second....
WE LEAVE SYDNEY!?!?!?!?!!
NOOOOO!!!!!
Please tell me I choose the wrong option somewhere, we can't leave the Red Hot Doc with that group of assholes!!

And what of Julie? She's such a great character?
Fuck me... I.. I am SO HAPPY to have Alice back but not at the cost of Sydney!

Gods, this update leaves me so depressed.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Wait a fucking second....
WE LEAVE SYDNEY!?!?!?!?!!
NOOOOO!!!!!
Please tell me I choose the wrong option somewhere, we can't leave the Red Hot Doc with that group of assholes!!

And what of Julie? She's such a great character?
Fuck me... I.. I am SO HAPPY to have Alice back but not at the cost of Sydney!

Gods, this update leaves me so depressed.
Please use spoilers
the update is still fresh :)
EDIT : also if you look at the pdf walktrough that was posted on patron you will see that any choice you would make would lead to the same outcome when it comes to that character

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
Please use spoilers
the update is still fresh :)
EDIT : also if you look at the pdf walktrough that was posted on patron you will see that any choice you would make would lead to the same outcome when it comes to that character
Sorry, I was so fucking shocked I forgot about common courtesy, edited it to include spoilers.

I am still heartbroken... will read the pdf tho.
Edit:
Read PDF but didn't shine lite on WHY THO.
:cry:

My only hope is that maybe Syd comes back as she knows where MC is heading so maybe once she finds her family she, Julie, and her son come find MC. Just... Don't you dare take away Syd's point screen Kinderfeld, leave me SOME hope...

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: BTLD

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
She doesn't man, sorry.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Uh, they talked about the Marshand place in front of Sydney a bunch. Sure she might not know where it is but in a community of over a hundred people, someone is going to know where that is.
I mean unless you are quoting from the Dev and the Dev has said something about this? I'm going to try and hold onto hope.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Uh, they talked about the Marshand place in front of Sydney a bunch. Sure she might not know where it is but in a community of over a hundred people, someone is going to know where that is.
I mean unless you are quoting from the Dev and the Dev has said something about this? I'm going to try and hold onto hope.
No, I've not spoken to anyone, it's just from my playthrough.

The place is mentioned but there's never any hint on actual directions on how to get there, It's not like the place is 1 Main Street, Marshand. Especially in the last update it's simply "we're getting out the city, are you coming?". Even if you discount the fact they don't know how to get there, and then disregard the whole logistical issues of actually of travelling there during the apocalypse, you still have the issue of them having no way of knowing whether the people they're hoping to meet up with again are actually at the place they are trying to get to. Is that worth the risk? Risking it all to get to a place you've never been in the hope the person you're looking for also made it there and didn't either die along the way, or change their mind and go elsewhere. THAT is more absurd than Sydney staying at the compound. I don't agree with her logic to stay but I at least get her argument.

erkper

May 16, 2018
No, I've not spoken to anyone, it's just from my playthrough.

The place is mentioned but there's never any hint on actual directions on how to get there, It's not like the place is 1 Main Street, Marshand.
Ever heard of a map? I bet Sydney has...

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
last point I found it strange...
That she chose to do that...

[/SPOILER]
It was a bit of a ..."you've been useful but now I found something more useful than you and everyone else ..so yea...best of luck MC...."
was ...really shitty ... at least from my point of view
plus how well can you get to know someone in 2 days?
yet she chose to say bye to peolpe who cared for her and helped her out and go with ...a unknown
[/SPOILER]
no only that but literally just
not 3 days ago....... This chapter end needs to be rewritten. too many bad holes.

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Didn't the students visit the place? I think that's how it came to be talked about in the story. If so, Julie being a former teacher of that very same school that sent the kids there, she'd know where it is.

Reactions: The ArcKnight

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
It's been a while since I've played the earlier chapters but as long as you have access to some basic info I believe finding the Marshand place shouldn't be too hard, if I recall correctly when they were originally talking about it they were saying that it's quite famous. With the feminazi encampment having a lot of (for now) safe territory they can plausibly find some magazines talking about where it is or something like that.

As for the plot development itself, I take issue with it regardless of any arguments made about the writing. Some have said it's lazy writing, some have said it's good writing that fits the characters perfectly. It doesn't matter. Fact is,

I'm maintaining my pledge for now but if this turns out to be a permanent thing I will certainly be unpledging before the dev's next game since it will lower my opinion of him as a game dev quite a lot.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I'm certain Sydney has heard of a map. But whether she has one is a different matter.

OK, my last comment on this particular subject. You're right, it was never explicitly stated that Sydney was told where Marshand house is. (It was never explicitly stated she WASN'T, either, but I digress.) MC also found the maps pretty easily, unless you're assuming he went on a lot of fruitless expeditions that are not specifically included in the VN, but if you do that, why are you unwilling to believe there could have been some communication between them that isn't explicitly written out? This point will not be conclusively resolved until/unless Kinderfeld expressly states one way or the other, she shows up again, or the game ends without her showing up (which I think a far more likely outcome.) I think that pretty much covers your points 1 and 2. Point 3 is rather redonkulus. Of course she can't/couldn't/wouldn't KNOW, but if she were ever to leave the haven for whatever reason, would that not be her most obvious, likely option to land with people she knew she could trust? It's established she is afraid to stay on her own, so if this sanctuary is taken from her, and waiting there for her family is no longer an option, what else is? I actually do agree with you on point 4, which is why I've only argued the "how" reasons you've listed and not the "why."

Which is the main reason I hold out a little hope she will be back. Julie, not so much as her points were not tracked afaik.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Didn't the students visit the place? I think that's how it came to be talked about in the story. If so, Julie being a former teacher of that very same school that sent the kids there, she'd know where it is.
The Marshand House? Na, Ted mentions it in a flashback and it goes from there. Well Naomi went but Ted kinda mentions that she probably didn't think much about it. Carol even says she doubts she remembers how to get there

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
OK, my last comment on this particular subject. You're right, it was never explicitly stated that Sydney was told where Marshand house is. (It was never explicitly stated she WASN'T, either, but I digress.) MC also found the maps pretty easily, unless you're assuming he went on a lot of fruitless expeditions that are not specifically included in the VN, but if you do that, why are you unwilling to believe there could have been some communication between them that isn't explicitly written out? This point will not be conclusively resolved until/unless Kinderfeld expressly states one way or the other, she shows up again, or the game ends without her showing up (which I think a far more likely outcome.) I think that pretty much covers your points 1 and 2. Point 3 is rather redonkulus. Of course she can't/couldn't/wouldn't KNOW, but if she were ever to leave the haven for whatever reason, would that not be her most obvious, likely option to land with people she knew she could trust? It's established she is afraid to stay on her own, so if this sanctuary is taken from her, and waiting there for her family is no longer an option, what else is? I actually do agree with you on point 4, which is why I've only argued the "how" reasons you've listed and not the "why."
the MC doesn't have maps on how to get there. To quote "Because I've never been there before, so I'd need Naomi's distant memory and whatever paper maps I can find along the way." Unless you include the Atlas, which I wouldn't....

Also Sydney wouldn't go traipsing along the highways looking for the MC if she had to book it from where she is now. Given her character and the hints mentioned by the MC earlier in the update, she would probably go back to her friends apartment and "convince herself of some scenario where she thinks she's close enough to the school."

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
The Marshand House? Na, Ted mentions it in a flashback and it goes from there. Well Naomi went but Ted kinda mentions that she probably didn't think much about it. Carol even says she doubts she remembers how to get there
True, I remember that part. But it does confirm that a teacher like Julie would likely know enough, so Sydney would just have to talk about Julie about where they said they'd try to go to lear its location.

4.60 star(s) 280 Votes