Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
True, I remember that part. But it does confirm that a teacher like Julie would likely know enough, so Sydney would just have to talk about Julie about where they said they'd try to go to lear its location.
I don't think finding the Marshand house would be the problem here, it was mentioned it is/was well known, if through maps or someone in the compound who knows where it is, somehow they would likely find it's location.

But the 3 problems i see is.
1. Sydney would never reach it on her own, she would need the help of others, be it for scavenging or security.
Likely they also would need a working car and they seem to be impossible to get in this city. The MC apparently didn't find one, even within several weeks, staying at that school and knowing he needs a other car when leaving the city...

2. It isn't even sure if the MC and co will actually go there, or if they go, if they would/could stay there.

3. She has no reason to go there, not until a miracle happens and she knows of the fate of her family, very unlikely ever to happen. Even if the haven goes to hell, i doubt she would willingly leave the city. Only if the shit hits so hard, that even she sees, staying in the city would be suicide, than she would be willing to leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: kameohawk

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
can't believe Sidney chose to stay at a nunnery and we got a milf with brain damage as consolation LOL

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I found the conclusion to the latest chapter very satisfying. I can understand the complaints from those who took a shine to Sydney and wanted her involved in some sort of unlikely harem, but her staying was entirely consistent with her character. With the reunion of Alice, the future dynamics within the group will be very interesting and I can't wait to see how it plays out.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
not 3 days ago....... This chapter end needs to be rewritten. too many bad holes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Well if it gets rewritten I would like to see the whole finding Missy dead in her apartment to be rewritten as well, honestly, I would have liked her either being with Julie in the feminazi camp and after the failed murder attempt at the MC all of them to leave together or have her fate simply be unknown.

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
How would Julie and Sydney know about the house? Hell the MC doesn't really know where it is.
I don't think finding the Marshand house would be the problem here,
Chapter 14 after the MC had sex with Sydney all 4 of them sit in the infirmary in the evening and talk about where to go and Naomi brings up the Marshland House and all the positive aspects and the rough location of it and even if they didn't make a final decision at that moment it is their best chance and it is not hard for Sydney to remember that.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Well if it gets rewritten I would like to see the whole finding Missy dead in her apartment to be rewritten as well, honestly, I would have liked her either being with Julie in the feminazi camp and after the failed murder attempt at the MC all of them to leave together or have her fate simply be unknown.
I don't see a problem with that scene, it's apocalypse and people die. As player we only saw Missy in short flashbacks and even the Mc didn't have much contact with her after the adoption procedure was finished.
It's very different than Sydney, which was part of the group for 5 or 6 episodes.

Thought my main problem and also that of others, as far as i can tell, isn't that Sydney leaves, but more that the whole haven plot stands on very flimsy legs. The reasoning why both of the woman stay there is also weak, considering what they just found out and the murder attempt on MC/Naomi.
A whole episode, maybe more, focused on the compound would have helped a lot imo.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I don't see a problem with that scene, it's apocalypse and people die. As player we only saw Missy in short flashbacks and even the Mc didn't have much contact with her after the adoption procedure was finished.
It's very different than Sydney, which was part of the group for 5 or 6 episodes.

Thought my main problem and also that of others, as far as i can tell, isn't that Sydney leaves, but more that the whole haven plot stands on very flimsy legs. The reasoning why both of the woman stay there is also weak, considering what they just found out and the murder attempt on MC/Naomi.
A whole episode, maybe more, focused on the compound would have helped a lot imo.
I agree that the compound should have been more fleshed out, it was interesting and worthy of 2-3 chapters itself. Especially when you consider the school had several chapters that were way less interesting.

With regards to women staying or leaving the compound, never underestimate the allure of a safe haven. Especially for women who are a lot more defenceless than men. Julie and the MC are friends, but she was closer to Lori. Plus she has a son to consider. Same with Sydney who we know was always going to stay in the school regardless, only leaving because of the fire. Her leaving the compound because of a brief encounter with the main protagonists wouldn't make any sense.

If the options are to stay in relative safety or face the high probability of either being infected or gang raped to death, it's not a hard choice for any woman to make.

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020
I agree that the compound should have been more fleshed out, it was interesting and worthy of 2-3 chapters itself. Especially when you consider the school had several chapters that were way less interesting.

With regards to women staying or leaving the compound, never underestimate the allure of a safe haven. Especially for women who are a lot more defenceless than men. Julie and the MC are friends, but she was closer to Lori. Plus she has a son to consider. Same with Sydney who we know was always going to stay in the school regardless, only leaving because of the fire. Her leaving the compound because of a brief encounter with the main protagonists wouldn't make any sense.

If the options are to stay in relative safety or face the high probability of either being infected or gang raped to death, it's not a hard choice for any woman to make.

Swinglow

May 18, 2020
So, about Syd's family...

I may be misremembering, but doesn't Sydney's family have males?...
How does that work out even if they magically "show up"? I mean Jack was almost killed on site, but an actual friend stopped it.
There is also little chance you would put your camp's doctor on gate guard duty, so that small percentage chance of what saved Jack could save them wouldn't happen. Never mind Julie and her son, at what age does he become an undesirable?
Then again, I could just be bitter. This went from being one of my favorite games to a "wait and see" in one update.

Last edited:

Draon79

Oct 28, 2018
I have to say this was both an interesting and disappointing chapter all at the same time......

This has never been a stop and smell the roses VN but that ending just sits wrong with me so we will see what happens going forward I guess.....

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017

Reactions: superdragon7

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Chapter 14 after the MC had sex with Sydney all 4 of them sit in the infirmary in the evening and talk about where to go and Naomi brings up the Marshland House and all the positive aspects and the rough location of it and even if they didn't make a final decision at that moment it is their best chance and it is not hard for Sydney to remember that.
But whilst talking about it, they mention Naomi doesn't really know where it is. And knowing roughly where something is and knowing enough to get there are completely different. Especially for a journey which is 2 days travel away in a world where you can refill your tank every few hundred miles and you're not at risk of being eaten or shot.

Again again Sydney wouldn't go there. She's staying in the city because nothing will ever trump her desire to wait for her family so unless she bumps into them, or stumbles across their corpse, she's tied to where she is. If she can't stay at the compound she would go back and stay at the apartment they crashed in overnight, as the MC suggested she would do. It's not a rational course of action but the last update has really hammered home the idea that she is not rational.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017

The problem i have with this whole haven plot and Julie/Sydney is:

1. Either none of this women want to visit their family/lovers ever, even if the hotel is just a couple of minutes walk in a safe zone away (even Sydney has no problem with that) and so they believe the men still live there--and let's be honest, this is just nonesense

2. Every of this women who got suspicious, or made a fuss about wanting to see their loved ones were silenced, vanished or whatever they did, but they did it in such a way, that no one of the others got suspicious of what is really happening and they are good at it, as even Julie as a guard, still believes that several men live in the hotel.

Which would mean the leadership is behind everything, as this kind of control can't be done by just a couple of people. They have a very tight leash on everyone in there and they are well informed about what is going on, so they can stop any rumors or dissidents.
So the first thing which will happen is, that Julie/Sydney get interrogated until they spill the beans.
As friends of the murderer, which killed one of them and knowing about a secret, which they can't allow the spread, what would they do ?
I can only imagine that both will get killed, maybe made into cautionary examples.

And like with the MC, as he found his roommate, every alarm bell in Julies head should go off, if she thinks for a moment about this, especially because she has a child to worry about.

Either way, we have a missing member of the inner circle(or close to them), MC & Co, which where leaving in a rush and Julie/Sydney, which are close to this group and spend nights at the hotel.
Both of them have a huge target on their back, there is no safety inside this haven for them, more like constant fear they will find out what happend and be silenced so they don't talk.
Do u really think Sydney could successful mislead them, when they question her about what happend, which would be the obvious thing to happen ?

Julies son, how long until he is also considered undesirable, or has vanished one day when Julie comes home, like all other men have ?
She would live in constant fear for her son's live in there and could do little to stop/prevent anything.

Sydney, doesn't she has male family members, if they miraculously show up, isn't it obvious what would happen to them ?
Most likely they would be shot at the gate, or send away, without her ever knowing anything. Or they would be killed/vanishing like all the other men.

And that is besides the point that they just found out that MC/Naomi nearly got murdered.
For Julie someone she considered family for many years.
For Sydney 2 friends, one which just risked his life to safe hers and she has feelings for.
Both pretty much react with a ''well yeah that kind of sucks, anyway''....i mean come on, seriusly.

At least give me some reactions/feelings/reasons i can belive. Like at the very beginning, as the MC struggled with a girl he didn't helped, or the reactions to Missys death, Sydney as she was close the a collapse, as Mc pressed her about her family.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The problem i have with this whole haven plot and Julie/Sydney is:

1. Either none of this women want to visit their family/lovers ever, even if the hotel is just a couple of minutes walk in a safe zone away (even Sydney has no problem with that) and so they believe the men still live there--and let's be honest, this is just nonesense

2. Every of this women who got suspicious, or made a fuss about wanting to see their loved ones were silenced, vanished or whatever they did, but they did it in such a way, that no one of the others got suspicious of what is really happening and they are good at it, as even Julie as a guard, still believes that several men live in the hotel.

Which would mean the leadership is behind everything, as this kind of control can't be done by just a couple of people. They have a very tight leash on everyone in there and they are well informed about what is going on, so they can stop any rumors or dissidents.
So the first thing which will happen is, that Julie/Sydney get interrogated until they spill the beans.
As friends of the murderer, which killed one of them and knowing about a secret, which they can't allow the spread, what would they do ?
I can only imagine that both will get killed, maybe made into cautionary examples.

And like with the MC, as he found his roommate, every alarm bell in Julies head should go off, if she thinks for a moment about this, especially because she has a child to worry about.

Either way, we have a missing member of the inner circle(or close to them), MC & Co, which where leaving in a rush and Julie/Sydney, which are close to this group and spend nights at the hotel.
Both of them have a huge target on their back, there is no safety inside this haven for them, more like constant fear they will find out what happend and be silenced so they don't talk.
Do u really think Sydney could successful mislead them, when they question her about what happend, which would be the obvious thing to happen ?

Julies son, how long until he is also considered undesirable, or has vanished one day when Julie comes home, like all other men have ?
She would live in constant fear for her son's live in there and could do little to stop/prevent anything.

Sydney, doesn't she has male family members, if they miraculously show up, isn't it obvious what would happen to them ?
Most likely they would be shot at the gate, or send away, without her ever knowing anything. Or they would be killed/vanishing like all the other men.

And that is besides the point that they just found out that MC/Naomi nearly got murdered.
For Julie someone she considered family for many years.
For Sydney 2 friends, one which just risked his life to safe hers and she has feelings for.
Both pretty much react with a ''well yeah that kind of sucks, anyway''....i mean come on, seriusly.

At least give me some reactions/feelings/reasons i can belive. Like at the very beginning, as the MC struggled with a girl he didn't helped, or the reactions to Missys death, Sydney as she was close the a collapse, as Mc pressed her about her family.
1. Julie and Sydney have zero male lovers to worry about. There was only 1 other man besides Jack in the entire hotel - Carl. We don't know how long this status quo has been going on. We don't know if there were a lot of men who have "left" or been killed before this. There are no substantial numbers beyond Carl and Jack. Despite Sydney hoping that her family is alive I don't think she will need to worry about her family needing to stay somewhere.

2. Julie states that the hotel is set up for that purpose and that Carl is there. Does she actually say that she expects a lot of men to be there? She also says that Jack may have neighbors in the hotel but doesn't express any numbers or expectations.

All of that is supposition, just as the whole thing could be a giant conspiracy that all of the commune leadership is engaged in there's also no way to know that Cassie wasn't operating a small group within the commune that had conflicting goals with that of the majority of the women. Julie even says something to the effect that most of the women in the commune are not like Cassie. We can speculate all we want but there's nothing to say how it will actually go once Jack et all have left.

I found the MC's reaction believable because he doesn't have anything to offer them. He is not a one man army, he is taking Carol, Naomi, and Alice outside of the city limits without any clue as to how bad it is out there. Julie believed that she and Sydney would be okay there, he trusts Julie and so he believes that she is right (or thinks she is right). Why wouldn't he trust her when she has more information about how the community will react to Cassie's disappearance? Quite literally Jack has no plan besides leaving the city limits, there is a thought to maybe go to the Marchland House (sp?) but other than that nothing. He has limited supplies, no where for them to sleep, etc. Cassie's disappearance and that of Jack and his group could take all the blame from Julie and Sydney. We don't know and most likely never will.

Why does everyone think that crowding 7 people into a loud, fuel inefficient vehicle, with limited supplies, and driving out of the city (into the unknown) is a better idea than letting two people make their own decisions as to what they do with their lives? Jack was right to think that Carol, Naomi, and Alice were better off in the community because he has NO IDEA what is waiting for them outside of town.

Jack fucked up a long time ago when he didn't seriously consider leaving the city earlier, by not finding a better vehicle (like a van or 4 wheel drive vehicle), and by not having ready to go supplies. He should have created bug out bags for everyone. He's been complacent and it bit him in the ass when they fled the fire. When you consider how unprepared he is, the fact that he is traveling with two teenage girls and a woman with a head injury, well... I would expect the story to get very dark (but I don't think the dev is going to go that route).

The fact that people are saying the developer needs to rewrite the story is ridiculous. If people are unhappy with the direction of the story this is the perfect time to walk away. Let the developer tell the story he wants to tell.

JonTommy

Apr 9, 2021
I don't think it needs to be re-written but I definitely think the ending is stupid or at least the reaction of a few people is stupid. Carol, Naomi, and MC are the only ones who reacted in a way that I would find believable at the end. Alice has a head injury so I can forgive her (she's just sort of there). Julie and Sydney both basically going "well that sucks but good luck" to two friends almost being murdered is a disappointment.

I won't complain about them staying though, personally I don't want a kid in the group, nor do we need two more women. I'm hoping the group stays as is so we get a very focused story on MC, Carol, Naomi, and Alice. Like I said earlier, if the two do show up again (unlikely) I do want the option to tell them "well that sucks, good luck" and send them on their way though.

superdragon7

Jan 30, 2018
You know, it's not that once you are in that haven you can't leave. Julie has contacts in the security, so when she realises that things won't change and it's dangerous for his son to live there, she can get the fuck out of there (they let MC, naomi, carol and alice say their goodbyes and drive away without doing or saying anything). Same with Sydney, if her family arrives, she will obviously get out of there (although there would be a problem if her family arrives when/if Julie and her friends/allies are not guarding)

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Julie has contacts in the security, so when she realises that things won't change and it's dangerous for his son to live there, she can get the fuck out of there (they let MC, naomi, carol and alice say their goodbyes and drive away without doing or saying anything). Same with Sydney, if her family arrives, she will obviously get out of there (although there would be a problem if her family arrives when/if Julie and her friends/allies are not guarding)
And go... where? The longer you stay in that place the more dependent you become of the security it offers because you simply have no other option, unless you know of a safehouse you can get to but how would you know such things if you spend most of your day inside the compound (and as someone with medical experience, Sydney is hardly going to be sent outside on patrol to learn about the lay of the land.

Also, as someone mentioned above, given the reaction from Cassie, there's no guarantee if Sydney's family did show up they wouldn't just be turned away because there were men in the group or outright killed. Remember the MC was about a bawhair from being shot because Julie stepped in so what chance has a random guy who's an unknown? Would Sydney even find out her family had been turned away/shot? It's not like her family would know she'd be in there given no clue was left at the school to suggest she had left. Unless we are thinking they're just roaming the wasteland shouting Sydney's name in the hope either she'll respond or someone they've never met goes "oh Sydney, she lives over there".

4.60 star(s) 281 Votes