Recommending NTR, netorare, cuckold - resources, discussion, development

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Kuroki Nagai

Mar 5, 2018
Hey guys, I'm making my own NTR game and I want to ask you about what you like and what you hate about NTR games. Maybe some overused cliches etc.
What would you like to see in a perfect NTR game?

woomb

Jun 13, 2020
Do 1 or 2 relationships well vs going for a grab bag approach. Some NTR games have so many men involved that the NTR barely registers vs a standard adult game

Reactions: dmop22

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Hey guys, I'm making my own NTR game and I want to ask you about what you like and what you hate about NTR games. Maybe some overused cliches etc.
1) What the other said, have few well made corruptors (or even 1 can be done, though I prefer there to be more than 1 for variety).

2) Do not skim on the build up. For ntr to work, you need to establish the relationship. Establish the personality of the female character being corrupted etc (you need to understand who the person is before corruption to really appreciate the corruption (you need to see the difference, if you barely know the fmc, then the corruption and betrayal does not hit, she is a stranger)).

3) This is more of a type of ntr, so this might differ, but I think most people really like mystery ntr. Imagination is a very powerful tool, let the player guess what is happening, their imagination will work wonders. Show glimpses, do not tell (at least at first, you should show it at some point).

4) Little things matter. Little touches here and there like noticing some weird liquid somewhere. A small difference in behavior that the male mc notices etc. This goes with point 3, which is best built by many small things adding together.

5) If you are going for multiple female characters, you should keep their number to the minimum and have them also developed. Best bet would be to do it together with the first fmc (like 2 girls being childhood friends with mc, showing how they grow up, develop feelings and showing off their personality).

6) Lastly, and this is a personal opinion, but do not make the corruption cheap. Stuff like hypnosis and BAM the heroine is corrupted and immediately sucks dick just does not hit as ntr should.

Wr1ckad

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2019
Now I wouldn't call myself a very big NTR fan, but I do enjoy the occasional NTR story but not big into the whole humiliating the Male Character part of some NTR stories, even if I never really self insert. Being avoidable is also a big part of my enjoyment, meaning that I need to have the choice whether or not it happens in the game. Weird that I'd want the main focus of the game to be avoidable, huh? But it makes it a lot better if I as the player make the active choice to engage in NTR. And knowing I can refuse the character if I want to.

Aside from that I have some tendencies I gravitate towards that are very personal and some perhaps niche. Like power imbalance (the guy has some power or influence over the girl like being her boss), ugly/old dudes, blackmail and that sort of thing.

Kuroki Nagai

Mar 5, 2018
Do 1 or 2 relationships well vs going for a grab bag approach. Some NTR games have so many men involved that the NTR barely registers vs a standard adult game
I want to limit the story to 3 routes with 3 different guys, one of which is her boyfriend.

Kuroki Nagai

Mar 5, 2018
1) What the other said, have few well made corruptors (or even 1 can be done, though I prefer there to be more than 1 for variety).

2) Do not skim on the build up. For ntr to work, you need to establish the relationship. Establish the personality of the female character being corrupted etc (you need to understand who the person is before corruption to really appreciate the corruption (you need to see the difference, if you barely know the fmc, then the corruption and betrayal does not hit, she is a stranger)).

3) This is more of a type of ntr, so this might differ, but I think most people really like mystery ntr. Imagination is a very powerful tool, let the player guess what is happening, their imagination will work wonders. Show glimpses, do not tell (at least at first, you should show it at some point).

4) Little things matter. Little touches here and there like noticing some weird liquid somewhere. A small difference in behavior that the male mc notices etc. This goes with point 3, which is best built by many small things adding together.

5) If you are going for multiple female characters, you should keep their number to the minimum and have them also developed. Best bet would be to do it together with the first fmc (like 2 girls being childhood friends with mc, showing how they grow up, develop feelings and showing off their personality).

6) Lastly, and this is a personal opinion, but do not make the corruption cheap. Stuff like hypnosis and BAM the heroine is corrupted and immediately sucks dick just does not hit as ntr should.
Yeah, I totally agree with everything. There will be only one female protag, her boyfriend and a couple of other characters. Don't know about long build up tho.
I kinda always hated kilometers of text without any action.

Kuroki Nagai

Mar 5, 2018
Now I wouldn't call myself a very big NTR fan, but I do enjoy the occasional NTR story but not big into the whole humiliating the Male Character part of some NTR stories, even if I never really self insert. Being avoidable is also a big part of my enjoyment, meaning that I need to have the choice whether or not it happens in the game. Weird that I'd want the main focus of the game to be avoidable, huh? But it makes it a lot better if I as the player make the active choice to engage in NTR. And knowing I can refuse the character if I want to.

Aside from that I have some tendencies I gravitate towards that are very personal and some perhaps niche. Like power imbalance (the guy has some power or influence over the girl like being her boss), ugly/old dudes, blackmail and that sort of thing.
Same, I love Loyal Routes in NTR games for some reason, lol. I also want the player to be able to complete the entire game as a virgin.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
This is just my personal opinion, and others may not agree but a humble suggestion - and involves some of what others mentioned as buildup:

Cheating and slutty sex aren't taboo if they happen all the time, it becomes the norm. The hottest scenes are always the FIRST ones, where the gf/wife/fiancee has been eternally faithful, then finally finds herself on her knees in front of a beefstick. But in too many games I find once they get far along into the "corruption" path, its just a 24/7 all-out slut fest and I get bored quickly and not turned on, it's too mechanical- "Oh, yet another gangbang? :sleep::sleep::sleep: "

It's kinda like how seeing a girl naked for the first time is so great, because it's unwrapping this forbidden taboo present underneath. If she walks around in string bikinis everyday, there's less of a transition. (not that I dislike string bikinis, I like them, but if I know I'm going to be seeing someone naked, I'd almost rather her have more on because it's a bigger switch, if that makes sense). Same is true for corruption - it's far better if the wife starts off extremely well-mannered and not unkempt.

I don't know how this could be made into a game mechanic, but maybe if there was a clever design with some type of time-based cooldown resource like "taboo" or "chance to cheat" - it would be very enjoyable for me to see a game where spied on your girlfriend cheating on you having hot sex, then instead of banging everyone in sight she promises you she's changed, and acts like it for a few weeks, then out of the blue you catch her again.

Just recognize like many things, corruption can be a limited resource, and it can be difficult for a writer to keep increasing the stakes after she's already done everything. The answer is, you don't, you either reset or move to a different character.

Kuroki Nagai

Mar 5, 2018
This is just my personal opinion, and others may not agree but a humble suggestion - and involves some of what others mentioned as buildup:

Cheating and slutty sex aren't taboo if they happen all the time, it becomes the norm. The hottest scenes are always the FIRST ones, where the gf/wife/fiancee has been eternally faithful, then finally finds herself on her knees in front of a beefstick. But in too many games I find once they get far along into the "corruption" path, its just a 24/7 all-out slut fest and I get bored quickly and not turned on, it's too mechanical- "Oh, yet another gangbang? :sleep::sleep::sleep: "

It's kinda like how seeing a girl naked for the first time is so great, because it's unwrapping this forbidden taboo present underneath. If she walks around in string bikinis everyday, there's less of a transition. (not that I dislike string bikinis, I like them, but if I know I'm going to be seeing someone naked, I'd almost rather her have more on because it's a bigger switch, if that makes sense). Same is true for corruption - it's far better if the wife starts off extremely well-mannered and not unkempt.

I don't know how this could be made into a game mechanic, but maybe if there was a clever design with some time of cooldown resource like "taboo" or "chance to cheat" - it would be very enjoyable for me to see a game where spied on your girlfriend cheating on you having hot sex, then instead of banging everyone in sight she promises you she's changed, and acts like it for a few weeks, then out of the blue you catch her again.

Just recognize like many things, corruption can be a limited resource, and it can be difficult for a writer to keep increasing the stakes after she's already done everything. The answer is, you don't, you either reset or move to a different character.
Wow, that's actually a very good point, thank you!
I get bored too when the heroine becomes a whore after a couple of fucks with corruptors.
Don't know how to implement it as game mechanic but I'll think about it. Thanks

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Get inspired by Tsumamigui 3 and Oyako Rankan systems and we're dandy

Reactions: Kuroki Nagai

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Yeah, I totally agree with everything. There will be only one female protag, her boyfriend and a couple of other characters. Don't know about long build up tho.
I kinda always hated kilometers of text without any action.
I understand kilometers of text can suck and it can offput a lot of people. But if you look at any of the highest rated ntrs, they all have good build ups.

I am not sure which type of game you want to make specifically, but even if you want to make it short, set the characters up.

As someone mentioned with the bikinis. If you do not really even know the fmc and the fact that bikinis are really out of her characters, how would that really matter to you? Its just another girl in bikini. If you set her up as a shy bookworm that is used to wearing granny panties, then having her appear in bikini becomes a big deal and a powerful ntr milestone.

Also not sure if you are making female mc or male mc game. Female mc games usually tend to have the ntr be less powerful, so some of my recommendations might not apply that much (hard to have mystery ntr when you play as the fmc). If you are making a game in rpgmaker, that again makes differences (better for mystery than vn style).

hitmanbhi

Aug 2, 2017
My opinion as I may add something which others may have done already but anyways.:

1. As majority of the eroge gamers are male, a female protag would not deliver the same level of NTR than a male protag.
2. Establish the relationship and feelings of both partner with each other. It cannot be one sided.
3. Corruption should be in levels. Gradual corruption to Bimbofication of the FMC could be cherry on the top. Take inspiration from games like good girl gone bad and katie's corruption.
4. I would prefer Netori guy (Antagonist) to be a handsome ex-boyfriend or new boss of FMC (bonus if he is MC's boss).
4.1 Ex-boyfriend being superior in everything than MC would be a very option. Even better would be this guy turn out to also being MC's college bully which FMC did not knew. So not only gets his ex-girlfriend back but also enjoys bullying MC again (sadist laugh emoji).
4.2 The FMC's boss example would be that FMC goes on official trip with him or MC's boss which is a bully to him, sends MC to official tour while he gets in action with FMC in their home.
5. I would suggest to avoid a black Netori guy with a big dick concept as that is very saturated now due to amount of games based on it. Same is for ugly villains which is also very common.
6. Most of the so called NTR games ends on FMC being addicted to Antagonist's sexual prowess. Instead, a true NTR should mean her love is also directed towards her new sexual partner.
7. Mystery NTR is a must. That way you can build up your Male protag view and later on Female protag view for both perspective.
8. Include phone sex, other wall sex, groping in parties, etc to increase the level of erotic mystery NTR.
9. You can add femdom to make NTR spicier and more humiliating in one of the routes. This includes forced cum eating, chastity cage, pegging and other niche fetishes.
10. Last but not the least, you can make MC helpless but do not make him a cuck willingly. I mean NTR and Netorase are very different genre.

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
can anyone please give recommendations of manga/manhwa with ntr or femdom? , but not just some a few ntr scenes, the story need to be ntr focused

VermillioN

May 4, 2017
Definitely a male pov, love those game that start with childhood friend/boyfriend/husband point of view and you can see as the game progress the heroine fallen like in the way he treats the main character, the way she acts, how she talks, how she dress, body transfomations like hair color and more extreme like implants, tattoos, piecings, etc...

About sex scenes i'll stay with the classic one(with is the best imo): silhouette sex, phone calls, live calls, distant talks, behind the door and even behind the MC still a plus for me.

A good example are jinsei games they prety much hame everything i like. And there is also Sakurasaku Koubou They've done a great job on their games too.

Kuroki Nagai

Mar 5, 2018
Definitely a male pov, love those game that start with childhood friend/boyfriend/husband point of view and you can see as the game progress the heroine fallen like in the way he treats the main character, the way she acts, how she talks, how she dress, body transfomations like hair color and more extreme like implants, tattoos, piecings, etc...

About sex scenes i'll stay with the classic one(with is the best imo): silhouette sex, phone calls, live calls, distant talks, behind the door and even behind the MC still a plus for me.

A good example are jinsei games they prety much hame everything i like. And there is also Sakurasaku Koubou They've done a great job on their games too.
Looks like a lot of people love male POV NTR. Me personally too.
Initially I wanted to make just 1 female protag but I'll probably add her boyfriend as a playable character too.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes