Recommending NTR, netorare, cuckold - resources, discussion, development

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

LordFrz

Engaged Member
Oct 21, 2022
I just wish your copium would've revived Black Rune alongside the developer as well...
From reading his posts its clear it suffered from terrible feature creep. He let things get away from him and he kept trying to go too big. I think its a wise idea to make a small game that he can actually complete first. He even mentions that he worked on it so long that his art style changed so the CGs did all look the same.

It will most likely need to be rebuilt. The code is probably a mess and a big part that led him to disappear, it must have been hella stressful.

He needs to just make a smaller game that he can release so show people he can finish one, and let people see the amazing art and pixel animations he is capable of. That will also bring in some money which would be a massive motivation boost.

cIoseopenbrutal

Apr 2, 2021
From reading his posts its clear it suffered from terrible feature creep. He let things get away from him and he kept trying to go too big. I think its a wise idea to make a small game that he can actually complete first. He even mentions that he worked on it so long that his art style changed so the CGs did all look the same.

It will most likely need to be rebuilt. The code is probably a mess and a big part that led him to disappear, it must have been hella stressful.

He needs to just make a smaller game that he can release so show people he can finish one, and let people see the amazing art and pixel animations he is capable of. That will also bring in some money which would be a massive motivation boost.
I agree. Better to start small.Do something easy . Game dev 101. Esp since it's his first game dev experience.

Reactions: LordFrz

Kabokle

Oct 8, 2017
Man, I'm happy he's back - but it's what everyone thought. He had way too many ideas and tried to put too much into his first game. I don't judge it, honestly - it's clearly something he's passionate about and he wanted to make Black Rune as perfect as possible but maybe he should have toned down a bit on the characters and content. There's so much original shit in the game (from sound design to shadow stuff, sprite work, systems, scenes, animations etc) that it's hard to imagine him being able to keep up the quality or meet deadlines - since BR will work as a chapter-based game - but mostly because he kept adding new features. The dev is a perfeccionist and that's what he needs to be aware of the most.

I'll play the demos of the other games/trials he posted and see what they're about - but again, it's kinda sad he was starting these projects in the dark, not even sure if he would finish them... Oof.

Bchargo

Feb 17, 2018
I just wish your copium would've revived Black Rune alongside the developer as well...
Same, but I think it might be better off this way. Seems like he was overwhelmed by how much he was trying to do with Black Rune. It was a big project for a new dev.

Hopefully since he plans on making smaller stuff for the time being, then he'll be able to make a big project like that in the future.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes