Others NTRAHOLIC DX [Development Thread]

NTRWarthog

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2022
Man, people here are so negative and impatient.
I'm just happy for the big update of ntraholic and censor developing.
Thank you for your kind words.
I understand people getting angry about it. I won't deny we messed things up being too optimistic about our development schedule, so we gave some bad impression in a row. Back in the days, I got impatient about some indie games not releasing on time too, so yeah.
But we are slowly getting better and better. Now we kind of know how to manage our schedule so hopefully we wont mess it up again.(NTRAHOLIC Remix is out of our hand tho) Maybe we still suck at it but we are just keep trying to learn from our mistakes.

Taigcris

Jun 8, 2017
Man, people here are so negative and impatient.
I'm just happy for the big update of ntraholic and censor developing.
Don't believe it, I was impatient/enthusiastic a few months ago, now it's more like curiosity. I don't really like the new models and I think it was a waste of time to have converted the environments into 3D. Unless they comply with what was said above and include a DX copy for those of us who have bought a version on DLSite, I don't think I'll play it since I see it unlikely that I'll buy it again on Steam.
As for Censor, I didn't like the demo too much. The corruption part rushes by very quickly and the censorship minigame was a bit tedious for me. I also usually play these games with my wife and she prefers games with more background and a slower pace telling the story. Still, if it comes out at a reasonable price on Steam we might give it a try.

aindafina

Aug 28, 2021
I understand people getting angry about it. I won't deny we messed things up being too optimistic about our development schedule, so we gave some bad impression in a row. Back in the days, I got impatient about some indie games not releasing on time too, so yeah.
But we are slowly getting better and better. Now we kind of know how to manage our schedule so hopefully we wont mess it up again.(NTRAHOLIC Remix is out of our hand tho) Maybe we still suck at it but we are just keep trying to learn from our mistakes.
Good to know that you guys are learning from past mistakes. I sure hope this studio won't stop making games. It'd be crazy if you guys make a sequel of NTRAholic but with better planning and development learned from the past. I'd be pouring money fosho :ROFLMAO:

Aug 13, 2021
I know that, but I also know what happens when a game is rushed and I have big hopes for this because it's probably one of the few games(or atleast I didnt found them yet) where you as the MC can heavily grope someone with nice animations.

NTRWarthog

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2022
Don't believe it, I was impatient/enthusiastic a few months ago, now it's more like curiosity. I don't really like the new models and I think it was a waste of time to have converted the environments into 3D. Unless they comply with what was said above and include a DX copy for those of us who have bought a version on DLSite, I don't think I'll play it since I see it unlikely that I'll buy it again on Steam.
As for Censor, I didn't like the demo too much. The corruption part rushes by very quickly and the censorship minigame was a bit tedious for me. I also usually play these games with my wife and she prefers games with more background and a slower pace telling the story. Still, if it comes out at a reasonable price on Steam we might give it a try.
Thank you for your feedback.
I'm sorry you didn't like the minigames in the Censor. One part of the goal of the Censor project is to make a game that actually has something you can call a game.(We like kink but we also like games). Yeah, we got a huge negative feedback about the minigame in our previous game NTRAHOLIC and we thought the minigame should not feel like a barrier that keeps you away from the sex scenes. That's why we tried adding rouge-lite features like making random rules appear each time you play the Censoring minigame. If you have any suggestions on how we should improve the Censoring minigame, please do let us know. That would be a great help to us.
(Oh, and the Censor lacks narrative because we wanted to make a game with a lighter story. But it seems like we made it shallow instead of making it light)

Both NTRAHOLIC and NTRAHOLIC Remix are pixel art-based isometric view games. Can you point out what asset felt like to be a 3D art? We want to have a consistent art style, so telling us what art felt different would be very helpful.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Troua

Jul 8, 2022
I'm sorry you didn't like the minigames in the Censor. One part of the goal of the Censor project is to make a game that actually has something you can call a game.(We like kink but we also like games). Yeah, we got a huge negative feedback about the minigame in our previous game NTRAHOLIC and we thought the minigame should not feel like a barrier that keeps you away from the sex scenes. That's why we tried adding rouge-lite features like making random rules appear each time you play the Censoring minigame. If you have any suggestions on how we should improve the Censoring minigame, please do let us know. That would be a great help to us.
(Oh, and the Censor lacks narrative because we wanted to make a game with a lighter story. But it seems like we made it shallow instead of making it light)

Both NTRAHOLIC and NTRAHOLIC Remix are pixel art-based isometric view games. Can you point out what asset felt like to be a 3D art? We want to have a consistent art style, so telling us what art felt different would be very helpful.

Cheers!
Hi, I tried the censor. That Minigame with a comparison with NTRAHOLIC org isnt so grindy,corruption could be slower.
And non-existent narrative (parts of the narrative could be inserted between the parts of corruption, it could also help slow down the progress of corruption)

Reactions: Vvallachia

Taigcris

Jun 8, 2017

Cheers!
The idea of the censorship minigame is good, but I personally found it a bit monotonous. After 4 or 5 runs it loses interest and becomes an obligation to get some money or fail intentionally to increase the chaos level.
How to improve it? Well, I can't tell you. But I did notice that when a photo of an influencer/celebrity appeared, when analyzing it the names never matched.
A very high percentage (maybe over 75%) of the images end up censored. I tested censoring all the images in 6 consecutive runs and only in one of them did I make two mistakes. In the rest, I only made one mistake. It seems that it needs some balancing, either at the code level or in the number of images of each type.
Regarding the story and/or the issue of corruption, I'm going to take the opportunity to give my wife's opinion. I suppose you don't get much female feedback so I think you might find it somewhat useful.; It feels too rushed, there's no real backstory as to why the female character is cheating on her husband with the landlord. Is she an adulteress addicted to sex? If so, why blackmail her? Then with the first sex minigame she doesn't seem very willing to please you at first but within seconds she seems up for anything. In NTRAholic there was an awakening, a certain sodomy that led to addiction and dependency. It corrupted her slowly and this was projected through the CGs. In Censor all of this is dispensed with and the focus is on pixel art sex scenes. My wife doesn't really like these type of direct scenes, and if I'm being honest, I don't either.

I understand that you want to do something different, and I think that's very commendable.
The easiest thing would have been to release a sequel to NTRAholic and secure your income. Personally, I think you've made a good decision.
But if you'll allow me to give my opinion (and that of my wife) don't be in a hurry to release the game and spend some time creating a more elaborate storyboard and putting it into the game.

polisummer

Game Developer
Jul 25, 2017
For the DX version, I feel like CB is working hard on it right now and all we can do is just waiting. I understand the complaints but there is not much we can really do.
I am sorry to tell you that you will be sorely disappointed.

We had nothing to show before because CB was mostly working on coding.
I think many people in this thread, you developers especially, are owed some honesty and transparency so I want to tell this to you straight.

I hope you have not gotten too far in whatever agreement you have with CB to be unable to back out, because you are being scammed. Lewdlogic (LL) is a professional con artist. He does not have coders on standby working on your game. He has a single javascript programmer who is the same man that created his original website for LewdMedia -- a tabloid site he created during gamergate to capitalize on the hype and gamer "news" while also having a few reviews of erotic games written by the handful of people he brought on for the site.

The only other programmer he has on call is a middle-aged Japanese man who is a Unity developer. That man is also the lead behind Momoiro Software. I only mention his ethnicity because it will be relevant in a moment.

CB is not diligently working on your game and simply staying silent so that they can focus. That makes zero sense whatsoever in any professional environment. What LL is doing, is stalling and gathering SEO. His modus operandi is to gather popularity from people who don't know better, use that to appear legitimate, and then sign onto faulty agreement after faulty agreement with actually talented people so that he can "publish" them. He specifically targets people who are completely new to game development and small, or are English as a second language (ESL). That's why I mentioned ethnicity earlier, it is so LL can also pretend he has a translator. He has an entire song and dance of how supposedly difficult and scary it is to put your game on Steam, but he can miraculously do it for you. Just have him be your "publisher" and hand him the full keys to your Steam configuration. Then he can take as much of your revenue as he wants (or as much as he wants to tell you), completely control the release of sales numbers, and completely control any Steam community engagement or announcements. The last part sounds like a good thing, right? Because a normal publisher should be able to advertise for you with Steam, correct? Well he doesn't even do that. He doesn't know how to make a press kit. He doesn't know how to write a contract. He won't even actually advertise your game on his own site or through social media channels. Why? Because those things take effort. He is a con artist. He only cares about getting as much money as possible while doing nothing. If you deep dive through the various things CB has published on Steam you will start to see a pattern.

It is not hard at all to publish games on Steam, by the way. It has not been hard for the past 5 years. I've done it a few times and I can just walk you through the process for free if you want. It is very easy.

But let's back up a bit. Let's talk about LL's site, and CB. Both of his company names, LewdMedia and CriticalBliss, are imaginary. They do not exist. They are not actual legally incorporated companies. At least, until 2021 when he tried to scam a small vtuber agency (well, they are one of the large vtuber corpos now) and they subsequently began pursuing legal action after he got ~$1500 from them, then never showed up to scheduled meetings on time, or at all. And the few times he did show up, he would just cuss out the people there when they asked for any sign that he was doing what he said he would do, then hang up the meeting.

Back to that Unity programmer he has on call. That is probably the only person working on your game in Godot. And he will be doing it in C#, because Unity is in C#. But that means he is experienced and this may work out, right? Wrong. C# is a secondary supported language in Godot. Godot is primarily designed to be used with gdscript. There are arguments about which language is faster on a hardware level, but I can tell you which language has more bugfixes, plugins, asset support, target platforms, developer support, and community help: it's gdscript. So when the port of your game hits snags, which it will, you will be dead in the water for a few weeks. There will not be many resources to turn to or people willing to troubleshoot your game. Not that LL will let anyone actually touch the countless abandoned projects he tried to put under his umbrella. That might create some progress and then he will have to do some work. He can't have that.

Also, those 20 or so artists he claimed to have? Another false statement. The person who managed the web infrastructure for LewdMedia created a subscription racket for artists a few years ago. That person named his company Kupaa or something. He pimps out those artists to CB's various planned-to-fail projects. Like "Vaygren: Lustful Temptation". He doesn't pay the artists regularly, on time, or most often at all. You can browse though Steam discussions for the different scams he's put on there to find people bringing this up.

You are working with a professional con artist. He is scamming you like he has scammed many people before and he is going to keep doing it. Yourself and the people here who are interested in this game are going to be waiting for a while.

I hope you get out of this and your game succeeds. It looks like a really cool game.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021

I think many people in this thread, you developers especially, are owed some honesty and transparency so I want to tell this to you straight.

I hope you have not gotten too far in whatever agreement you have with CB to be unable to back out, because you are being scammed. Lewdlogic (LL) is a professional con artist. He does not have coders on standby working on your game. He has a single javascript programmer who is the same man that created his original website for LewdMedia -- a tabloid site he created during gamergate to capitalize on the hype and gamer "news" while also having a few reviews of erotic games written by the handful of people he brought on for the site.

The only other programmer he has on call is a middle-aged Japanese man who is a Unity developer. That man is also the lead behind Momoiro Software. I only mention his ethnicity because it will be relevant in a moment.

CB is not diligently working on your game and simply staying silent so that they can focus. That makes zero sense whatsoever in any professional environment. What LL is doing, is stalling and gathering SEO. His modus operandi is to gather popularity from people who don't know better, use that to appear legitimate, and then sign onto faulty agreement after faulty agreement with actually talented people so that he can "publish" them. He specifically targets people who are completely new to game development and small, or are English as a second language (ESL). That's why I mentioned ethnicity earlier, it is so LL can also pretend he has a translator. He has an entire song and dance of how supposedly difficult and scary it is to put your game on Steam, but he can miraculously do it for you. Just have him be your "publisher" and hand him the full keys to your Steam configuration. Then he can take as much of your revenue as he wants (or as much as he wants to tell you), completely control the release of sales numbers, and completely control any Steam community engagement or announcements. The last part sounds like a good thing, right? Because a normal publisher should be able to advertise for you with Steam, correct? Well he doesn't even do that. He doesn't know how to make a press kit. He doesn't know how to write a contract. He won't even actually advertise your game on his own site or through social media channels. Why? Because those things take effort. He is a con artist. He only cares about getting as much money as possible while doing nothing. If you deep dive through the various things CB has published on Steam you will start to see a pattern.

It is not hard at all to publish games on Steam, by the way. It has not been hard for the past 5 years. I've done it a few times and I can just walk you through the process for free if you want. It is very easy.

But let's back up a bit. Let's talk about LL's site, and CB. Both of his company names, LewdMedia and CriticalBliss, are imaginary. They do not exist. They are not actual legally incorporated companies. At least, until 2021 when he tried to scam a small vtuber agency (well, they are one of the large vtuber corpos now) and they subsequently began pursuing legal action after he got ~$1500 from them, then never showed up to scheduled meetings on time, or at all. And the few times he did show up, he would just cuss out the people there when they asked for any sign that he was doing what he said he would do, then hang up the meeting.

Back to that Unity programmer he has on call. That is probably the only person working on your game in Godot. And he will be doing it in C#, because Unity is in C#. But that means he is experienced and this may work out, right? Wrong. C# is a secondary supported language in Godot. Godot is primarily designed to be used with gdscript. There are arguments about which language is faster on a hardware level, but I can tell you which language has more bugfixes, plugins, asset support, target platforms, developer support, and community help: it's gdscript. So when the port of your game hits snags, which it will, you will be dead in the water for a few weeks. There will not be many resources to turn to or people willing to troubleshoot your game. Not that LL will let anyone actually touch the countless abandoned projects he tried to put under his umbrella. That might create some progress and then he will have to do some work. He can't have that.

Also, those 20 or so artists he claimed to have? Another false statement. The person who managed the web infrastructure for LewdMedia created a subscription racket for artists a few years ago. That person named his company Kupaa or something. He pimps out those artists to CB's various planned-to-fail projects. Like "Vaygren: Lustful Temptation". He doesn't pay the artists regularly, on time, or most often at all. You can browse though Steam discussions for the different scams he's put on there to find people bringing this up.

You are working with a professional con artist. He is scamming you like he has scammed many people before and he is going to keep doing it. Yourself and the people here who are interested in this game are going to be waiting for a while.

I hope you get out of this and your game succeeds. It looks like a really cool game.

If all that is true, that's a massive planet size OOOOFFFFFFF.

Ericopa12

Dec 25, 2017

man that's big but if true (it looks true) then good job pointing it out, at least it should be worth looking out for...

Taigcris

Jun 8, 2017
You can already smell something is not right when they supposedly spend a whole year just on the code. Let's be honest, a game the size of the original NTRAholic can be code ready in just over 3 months with good planning and working on it full time. It also makes no sense to have 20 artists working on it but at this point you are still designing characters. If what has been shown is recent (only parts of the main apartment) it's obvious that something is not flowing as it should... I've seen Japanese devs work faster with only one programmer/artist and using only their free time.

I also find it very suspicious that at this point Big S has barely seen anything of the project. What you show us is the only progress that CB shows you?
I have been developing custom software for medium and large companies for 20 years and one of the guidelines is to send progress reports and demos every so often so that the client can test functions and ask for any changes they see necessary. I don't see any sense in the way CB works.

C0D3L057

May 6, 2023
I don't like to get into or talk about problematic/polemic topics however, I can't help but think of Dojin Otome looking at this whole mess.

Their team I don't think they are more than 10 people, probably less, and yet they delivered great games in less years.

Anyway, I'm comparing from ignorance as I don't know much about this subject and therefore, I'm not in favour of any side.

aindafina

Aug 28, 2021
I don't like to get into or talk about problematic/polemic topics however, I can't help but think of Dojin Otome looking at this whole mess.

Their team I don't think they are more than 10 people, probably less, and yet they delivered great games in less years.

Anyway, I'm comparing from ignorance as I don't know much about this subject and therefore, I'm not in favour of any side.
I agree, Dojin Otome is probably the gold standard when it comes to good development culture. I personally love how frequent and consistent their dev updates are. Never left their fans in the dark. Everything felt connected.

SuperGio

Feb 17, 2020

It's so over

Zgitlal

May 10, 2017
Imagine a peaceful 9pm saturday evening, getting excited for discovering an amazing game. the falling into a spiraly rabbit hole of developer/publisher nightmare, a world war, and the void entity who apparently have been devouring your favorite games for the past 4 years.

19y/o me and his libido would've been extremely mad and disappointed in this void entity. if all these allegations are true, I wish the most disfunctional of E's for this twat.
On a side note, whatever is happening behind the scenes, I wish the best of luck for the game devs. cheers

Last edited:

fuckyoutoo22

Mar 11, 2020
You know, I just hate the fact that, at least for people like me, I'm entirely dependable on a few devs and publishers, because this is still a relatively new genre of games, even though I would think this would get tremendously popular by now, given how much potential it has.

90% of NTR games are bad. There, I fucking said it. They just sucks. It's amazing that we are still stuck with boring, mostly static light novel style or the ugly top down camera angle pixelated jrpg for these games, while games like Summer/Winter memories, NTRLegend, NTRaholic, appear so rarely.

Like, I think this whole drama and overall feeling of desperation coming from many of us wouldn't be this intense, had there be many other games like these being developed. At least there would be hope, another would try to make a game inspired by the previous ones.

But it there just isn't. It's like it's only Tiramisu, WAKUWAKU and SupaShinKen that are currently doing these games and beyond them and these few threads, it's like nobody even mentions or remembers they exist. It's always people excited for the same slop every year. It's depressing

NTRWarthog

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2022

Thank you so much for worrying about Big S Studio and our NTRAHOLIC Remix project.
You have some reasonable points about why we should be careful about partnering with Critical Bliss,

Yours and Jelhelae's words did raise an alarm, so we will keep our eyes open and make sure nothing bad happens to the NTRAHOLIC Remix project.
If CB abandons NTRAHOLIC Remix, then we will take it as a lesson learned, move on, and try to continue the NTRAHOLIC Remix ourselves.

I feel very sorry for the supporters and developers of past projects that CB abandoned or put on hold.
But I kindly ask everyone to consider the NTRAHOLIC Remix project and their past projects separately.
There is nothing much we can do about their abandoned project. All I can do is ask CB what happened and what they will do about it.

Seems like some people don't really care about how we are trying to finish making the game but focus more on CB's previous works. Maybe we'll just shut up trying to convince our fans and just give whatever the update we can give until we get a playable public demo ready to be released.

Last edited: