Jack73

Nov 16, 2016
Damn, so basically this will never have an uncensored version for its unmodified content version? so patreons got scammed? yikes.
patreons are always exposed to scam. For example, the Devs who abandon projects and close down scam the supporters who have invested in the project. In this case, if Tiramisu started and proposed the game in an uncensored version, and now decides to do it in a censored version, he commits a scam towards his supporters because he is making something that is the opposite of what was expected. If he is more interested in having the revenues of dlsite, he had to communicate the project change to his patreons, giving those who were not interested in the "new project" the possibility of withdrawing. You can't ask for financial support to build a motorcycle and then build a bicycle. it's scam. unfortunately by accepting to become patreon there are no guarantees of seeing the finished product, nor of being reimbursed if the creator does not complete the project. patreon is simple, put your money and....pray.

uniformless

Feb 20, 2021
I don't think it's a scam or the dev had bad intentions. But I think they poorly managed the situation about censorship.

They knew from the very beginning dlsite version would require to be censored.

But they didn't check or make sure they could provide a patch to remove the censorship before making it. According the post on Patreon, it seems they only focused on trying to uncensor it at the very last moment and got stuck because of technical difficulties with it.

And instead of providing a full uncensored version to their patreons, they ask them to wait for the steam version which will have modified content from the original game!

Dev seem to think it's good enough like this but it's not. They are the dev, they have all the assets, it's not acceptable to not find a way to distribute the complete experience to those who trusted and invested in them. Even if it's only one modified scene, it's not an acceptable situation because they create it themselves.

And once again, it's still unsure if the patreons will get a steam key or if they'll need to buy the game to get an uncensored (but modified) version.

uniformless

Feb 20, 2021
According to the developer, dlsite demanded a censored version that cannot be uncensored (censorship is baked in). Producing two versions at the same time was too time-consuming so the dev decided to make a censored version first (because dlsite is supposedly a MUCH bigger income maker than Patreon), followed by a completely separate uncensored version.

Did patrons get scammed? I'd say no, they weren't, for the simple reason that the dev was up front about it. If they wanted the censored version, they got it. If they didn't, they should have simply canceled their patreon support. As it is, they paid for the censored version fair and square.
The uncensored patch was planned. It was cancelled at the very last moment because the dev were finally not able to make it. I think their mistake was to not checking correctly in time if the patch was doable. It should have been higher in the list instead of being "we'll see after releasing the game"

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I don't think it's a scam or the dev had bad intentions. But I think they poorly managed the situation about censorship.

They knew from the very beginning dlsite version would require to be censored.

But they didn't check or make sure they could provide a patch to remove the censorship before making it. According the post on Patreon, it seems they only focused on trying to uncensor it at the very last moment and got stuck because of technical difficulties with it.

And instead of providing a full uncensored version to their patreons, they ask them to wait for the steam version which will have modified content from the original game!

Dev seem to think it's good enough like this but it's not. They are the dev, they have all the assets, it's not acceptable to not find a way to distribute the complete experience to those who trusted and invested in them. Even if it's only one modified scene, it's not an acceptable situation because they create it themselves.

And once again, it's still unsure if the patreons will get a steam key or if they'll need to buy the game to get an uncensored (but modified) version.
This was a painful but necessary lesson for those who paid for the game before it was done. It is a risk to buy something not complete or sight unseen.

Usno

Aug 10, 2018
Hay, i might be wrong but wasn't there lots of things that are now missing like park, sex club and option to choose cloths for chiho? Am i missing something?

manlymcbeefington

May 9, 2017
Hay, i might be wrong but wasn't there lots of things that are now missing like park, sex club and option to choose cloths for chiho? Am i missing something?
You sure you are not confused with the game this is inspired by NtrLegend? There could be such features in the future but I believe you are mixing the past game's features with this one.

Reactions: Usno

koye357

Mar 14, 2023
I've tried to lunch the game in English but it seem i can't. I tried to change the language in Config.ini without success.

derpnibbles

Jul 28, 2017
This was a painful but necessary lesson for those who paid for the game before it was done. It is a risk to buy something not complete or sight unseen.
I keep failing to learn this lesson. I bought the game after seeing a twitter post from the dev that the uncensored patch would be released "in a few days" only to find its not coming out at all. It's not the first time it's happened and yet I keep doing it.

Oct 31, 2017
While I can see from this thread that this game has a bit of jank here and there (and can personally attest to it not being designed with 21x9 screens in mind), I do feel the need to share the fact that thanks to this game (or more specifically the included Reipatcher.exe), I came to the discover that Windows 10 requires .NET 3.5 to be installed in order to install .NET 3.5.

I don't know about you guys, but dealing with that kind of logic has certainly increased my tolerance level for quirks & oddities from games on this site. Not to mention I got a nice reminder of why I don't let Winny-10 touch the internet at all.

Anyhoo, game is now running and I'm ready to be stealin' this waifu. So do pardon the mini-rant, pleases & thank-yous.

Reactions: Troua

Imperator753

Aug 5, 2016
I see people posting the excuses the dev came up with, but it's still not good enough imo. I'm estimating here, but the alpha build probably had about 2/3 of the total artwork uncensored (frankly, the artwork for the new -hot springs- update was probably originally an uncensored build too) and then they had to come up with a way to censor it for dlsite that would be irreversible or significantly challenging to undo - ok that's fine. What I can't wrap my head around is not keeping the uncensored build separate -> drawing all new art uncensored -> using the same censoring method as before that way you had 2 complete versions of the game. What I mean is the uncensored build should have been the base build throughout development with all the code changes, script edits, etc. and then anytime they wanted to throw an update at dlsite make a censored build off that. They were able to come up with a way to censor the alpha fairly quick, so why not continue to use that method? This seems like the most logical way of doing it.

Seems like they'll ultimately build an uncensored version, but again, I don't get why it wasn't done from the start. They would have built it by now, but instead they dicked around trying to uncensor something deliberately made challenging to uncensor when it sounds like they had no experience doing in the first place.

Last edited:

TiramisuLntr

Game Developer
Aug 9, 2021
It is not an excuse. It is just we are not able to provide such a "patch" to "demosaic". It has a lot to do with the technical side and it is hard to explain to outsiders (people who dont work on the code for this game).

For the uncensored version, one thing is it is not stable yet. That's why it only shows as a static image. The other thing is it has a lot of conflicts of interests between players from different platforms. The issue is much much more complicated than "taking off the censor shit and release it". I hope things can be as easy as this though - you know, it is very easy for developers to screw themselves up if they don't treat these conflicts of interests carefully.

Give us some more time, we will provide uncensored version on the platforms that allow so.

3.60 star(s) 63 Votes