darthilya

May 22, 2018
Disagree with that personally, it's clearer and the animation in that one example is more refined.

Godot port was known for a while? I must have missed that. As for why it was delayed, the explanation on their side is that Critical Bliss had to go all hands on deck on FlipWitch. We also know Tiramisu had personal issues from the patreon post the other day. Hopefully now it's fully underway and shapes up rapidly.
I said ART and not the animations, they are good. Art is questionable. I know it is wip, but i like OG one more.
Gdot, look the prev. upd. on steam.
Drag team from one proj. to another is not a good thing. Clearly one of the game is benefitig from that and other not. And we see priorities now, that this proj. was clearly not in favor.
Also from prev. upd we know that dev is consulting them and not involved in development of DX version.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I said ART and not the animations, they are good. Art is questionable. I know it is wip, but i like OG one more.
Gdot, look the prev. upd. on steam.
Drag team from one proj. to another is not a good thing. Clearly one of the game is benefitig from that and other not. And we see priorities now, that this proj. was clearly not in favor.
Also from prev. upd we know that dev is consulting them and not involved in development of DX version.
The new art looks like a old school H-Game or Summer Memories which the post said was the inspiration for the DX. If that is the uniform look the DX will have then there is nothing we can do about it. Even if you don't like the art style, it is better to focus on the improvement and additions to the game. Personally I was looking closely at the updated map and noticed there is a SM club, Brothel, and Demon Shop. Oh the fun we will have in there!

• Love
Reactions: Troua

darthilya

May 22, 2018
The new art looks like a old school H-Game or Summer Memories which the post said was the inspiration for the DX. If that is the uniform look the DX will have then there is nothing we can do about it. Even if you don't like the art style, it is better to focus on the improvement and additions to the game. Personally I was looking closely at the updated map and noticed there is a SM club, Brothel, and Demon Shop. Oh the fun we will have in there!
The thing is that this game, unlike ntr legend and summer memories, is heavy art based like Peeping Dorm Manager, and this I personally can't ignore. I still will buy this game. But the drastic change of artstyle and westernised look of it is a letdown. They don't even consider changing the artist after all negative objections in June, they just ignore it, like they ignore this game when the unity situation happened. I just hope that new art will be as good as old one, but wips are concerning me.

kraine

Jul 25, 2017
I feel like I'm missing something here. Why change the art at all?
Surely porting over the old art (which I understand is easier said than done) is easier than creating entirely new works.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
The thing is that this game, unlike ntr legend and summer memories, is heavy art based like Peeping Dorm Manager, and this I personally can't ignore. I still will buy this game. But the drastic change of artstyle and westernised look of it is a letdown. They don't even consider changing the artist after all negative objections in June, they just ignore it, like they ignore this game when the unity situation happened. I just hope that new art will be as good as old one, but wips are concerning me.
While I understand your concerns and have my own concerns, I hope no one spends too much time focusing on this one aspect. We only have a WIP so maybe the art style will still change. But even if it won't, I remember when The Wind Walker was announced, a lot of people disliked it because of the drastic change in art style from the previous game. But once the game came out, it become of the best in the series. Not to say you are wrong in your believes but I just don't think the change in art style will make as much a change as you might expect.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I feel like I'm missing something here. Why change the art at all?
Surely porting over the old art (which I understand is easier said than done) is easier than creating entirely new works.
The publisher, Critical Bliss, did not want to use the art of the original because the quality of the original images varied throughout the game. The game had a long development so there are minor differences in skin tone, hair color, etc. could be noticed. The publisher decided to drop all the images and remake them using a new unified style for the entire game.

darthilya

May 22, 2018
While I understand your concerns and have my own concerns, I hope no one spends too much time focusing on this one aspect. We only have a WIP so maybe the art style will still change. But even if it won't, I remember when The Wind Walker was announced, a lot of people disliked it because of the drastic change in art style from the previous game. But once the game came out, it become of the best in the series. Not to say you are wrong in your believes but I just don't think the change in art style will make as much a change as you might expect.
I don't think that it is a correct comparison. Zelda games were always about gameplay and story, art changes from game to game. The correct comparison for me is shining series. I like Tony Taka art. And I have no complaints, but old players were enraged because of that.
(I think partly because he has his own "saber face")

Reactions: Jeycii_

rulaze

Jul 8, 2019
The publisher, Critical Bliss, did not want to use the art of the original because the quality of the original images varied throughout the game. The game had a long development so there are minor differences in skin tone, hair color, etc. could be noticed. The publisher decided to drop all the images and remake them using a new unified style for the entire game.
I think this is most likely the case. While the CG does look more cartoony now, having a unified art style I think will benefit the game more(also like that thicker booty). I also think the new animations look way better in terms of color and smoothness as well as the motion itself(grinding instead of just a janky up and down for the seated pose).

They also say they are adding more stuff to unlock and the WIP stuff implies there will be more distinction between the corruption levels as well. Overall I am liking the direction it is going.

Last edited:

MagLev

Oct 1, 2017
I'm also optimistic and frankly think the art we've seen so far for DX is fine. I just hope they can get it done sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: citrusflavored

fuckyoutoo22

Mar 11, 2020
I think this is most likely the case. While the CG does look more cartoony now, having a unified art style I think will benefit the game more(also like that thicker booty). I also think the new animations look way better in terms of color and smoothness as well as the motion itself(grinding instead of just a janky up and down for the seated pose).

They also say they are adding more stuff to unlock and the WIP stuff implies there will be more distinction between the corruption levels as well. Overall I am liking the direction it is going.
Fuck, I can't deny it actually looks very good

Aug 8, 2021
I get that people are upset about the art, but tbh, I was expecting something much worse looking, but it actually doesn't look bad at all. I love that we get to see more details and a lot of the new art is alluring. Really excited to see how many improvements the studio will make to the game.

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
The thing is, it all comes back to one thing that is genuinely making me scratch my head with this situation; who the fuck asked for this?... At the end of the day, this is not the publisher's job. Whatever the creator, publisher or people/fans think about the OG art or the new is completely subjective and doesn't mean fuck all. If a game is good, it'll sell, if it's bad, it won't. However, it's so unnecessary. If people want a game to be localized, they want it for what it already is or shaping to be, they don't want a reshaped version of a board of people in suit think they want or will stick.

Again, this type of publisher meddling is just unnecessary, and this is becoming a reason as to why more and more studios prefer self-publishing or having staff in the west (or vice versa) who can take care of it rather than relying on other companies that have their best interest in mind instead of the devs or fans.
No matter how the finished product ends up being, no one should be denying the incompetence behind this whole situation.

Reactions: anon8525

Chaotics19

Aug 13, 2017

Hmm. I generally agree on the animations, seeing them side-by-side like that, though I think the original faces are hotter, and I'll note that the boob bounce in the second animation feels less energetic in the new version, even if it's much smoother. That said, it's WIP and I slightly prefer the newer animations in this comparison overall anyway, though I still consider the artwork to be a side-grade at best. Welp, here's hoping this turns out well. I'm not entirely certain a unified art-style matters as much for h-games, but then I might just be too used to games that just combine in-game graphics with cgs.

Reactions: HarryHill99

Daydream69

Jun 29, 2023
I'm concerned that they are going to revamp all the CG art to follow the style of Summer Memories or so. In terms of CG, definitely prefer the original style. As for animations and new features, prefer the updated version

Reactions: thezero7565478

citrusflavored

May 17, 2021
Stoked for the DX version. Hopefully the gameplay will be smoothed over. Would love to see that massage mini game from NTR Legend make it's way back here somehow. It'll be interesting to compare the two versions.

3.60 star(s) 63 Votes