Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
Oh god I do not like the new art style. I thought Chiho would go from this to this:
View attachment 3477374

Not to this:
View attachment 3477375

She looks so much thiccer now. More like a mother than a newlywed. Both she and the MC seems to drawn a lot simpler now. Do doubt to make animations easier. This really is a whole new game like Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth.

At least the publisher said if you buy DX, it includes the original Ntraholic as a separate startup option for free. Basically you are getting two games in one. Then all of us can compare the two in real time.

New Release Date: SOMETIME THIS YEAR!
it was already hard to accept the previous changes to the model and art. the original one was peak with all those little details.
you literally just had to redraw the same art, just a little more pretty, but now its really a different game...
dont get me wrong i always "milf" content (looking at the new model) but when they say: REMAKE, im expecting a REMAKE and not a new game.. at this rate its just a scheme, using its popularity and name for marketing a new game ..

Daydream69

Jun 29, 2023
View attachment 3481425
I did like the art we were shown last time, but this new one gives me mixed feelings...
View attachment 3481421
I can defenitely see a more western style than the anime style of the original or even the one we were shown before... As long as the game comes out with smooth animations and well optimized, I am willing to try it out (and buy it).
Being thicc is one thing but goddamn she looks like she needs to lose weight smh. Gotta tone down on the thigh size Jesus

kinglionheart

Sep 12, 2019
And her sprite’s eyes look so weird right now. Looks like she’s wearing eyeliner all around her eyes. It’s still in development so these feedbacks are valid. She can be less chonkier too imo
Careful now. If enough people are not satisfied then the next progress report will be:
"We have listen to the feedback from the fans. We will be redesigning Chiho based everyone's tastes. Look forward to the re-redesign of Ntraholic DX ready for release for the original's 10 year anniversary."

shadelol

Aug 15, 2017
I prefer Chiho's old design but tbf with the new design, the example sprite that they used for Chiho standing makes her look very bad, if you check the same sprite and design in the other examples (sex positions etc) she looks great, so ill let them cook but man just stop delaying it i've been blue balled ever since onsen was unfinished and they hinted more scenes on their ci-en lmao

SuperStrike

Feb 15, 2022
Holy shit! Her new design just went from meh to bad (at least for me). And for the upcoming delay (probably) they'll just make her straight up obese to satisfy these so-called "western standards".

I genuinely feel bad for Tiramisu, it feels like he lost control and is no longer in charge of his own project anymore.

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
it was already hard to accept the previous changes to the model and art. the original one was peak with all those little details.
you literally just had to redraw the same art, just a little more pretty, but now its really a different game...
dont get me wrong i always "milf" content (looking at the new model) but when they say: REMAKE, im expecting a REMAKE and not a new game.. at this rate its just a scheme, using its popularity and name for marketing a new game ..
It does feel quite scummy from the publisher towards the dev, basically like; we think the game is neat, buuuuuut, it's not "western" enough for our audience (which is nonsense that means fuck all, it's literally a Japanese game, what did Bliss expect :Kappa:), so we will practically recreate the entire game (even using a different engine?) with your game only as a throwaway foundation and just use what you built for marketing's sake... I still don't get it.

I mean, it's nothing new when it comes to western publishers, though it feels more and more questionable as you dive into it. I still don't understand the purpose of it and it doesn't help with the blue balling... I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and wait to see how things turn out holding judgment then, but I said it constantly, this whole situation is so weird.

P.S, on an unrelated note, nice Han Sooyoung pfp, I just finished re-reading the ORV novel recently and it gets me sad looking at her :HideThePain: .

Reactions: Jeycii_

Jeycii_

Sep 18, 2022
It does feel quite scummy from the publisher towards the dev, basically like; we think the game is neat, buuuuuut, it's not "western" enough for our audience (which is nonsense that means fuck all, it's literally a Japanese game, what did Bliss expect :Kappa:), so we will practically recreate the entire game (even using a different engine?) with your game only as a throwaway foundation and just use what you built for marketing's sake... I still don't get it.

I mean, it's nothing new when it comes to western publishers, though it feels more and more questionable as you dive into it. I still don't understand the purpose of it and it doesn't help with the blue balling... I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt and wait to see how things turn out holding judgment then, but I said it constantly, this whole situation is so weird.

P.S, on an unrelated note, nice Han Sooyoung pfp, I just finished re-reading the ORV novel recently and it gets me sad looking at her :HideThePain: .
yea man. western publisher always have so much money to throw out, but they usually never know what to do with the projects they are buying.. they literally have near perfect stuff but they always are able to fk up everything. its a disaster...

btw, thank you very much. im so happy to find so many fellow ORV enjoyers here in f95zone. ORV is peak story telling and the 2nd half of the novel always breaks my heart.. q.q
i really hope they will nail the official english releases, because im def planning on buying them all *pained expression*

Reactions: Kaiki-tan
Apr 12, 2021
I just saw the update and smhh. Aside from the fact that they almost made her BBW, her face doesn't look attractive either. They made a terrible choice, I wish they had done something like a survey before going down this path.

Kaiki-tan

Nov 3, 2022
yea man. western publisher always have so much money to throw out, but they usually never know what to do with the projects they are buying.. they literally have near perfect stuff but they always are able to fk up everything. its a disaster...

btw, thank you very much. im so happy to find so many fellow ORV enjoyers here in f95zone. ORV is peak story telling and the 2nd half of the novel always breaks my heart.. q.q
i really hope they will nail the official english releases, because im def planning on buying them all *pained expression*
Absolutely, and it's no wonder even with the larger part of the gaming industry that self-published indie games in recent years had equal to if not even more success than the massive publishers and AAA studios. This meddling and frankly unnecessary decisions most make is coming back to usually bite... In some cases I can understand the need for quality control, but at a certain point like this one when the meddling gets so bad they practically hijack the game, is it even the same game anymore?... Well, it is left to be seen. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be complete bs.

Also same and HELL YEAH FAM, I love ORV. I was introduced to it through the webtoon/manhwa, it got me really hooked early on and it was still during the COVID days anyway so I decided to binge the entire novel... I was not ready, that last third of the novel fucked me up for an entire month and a certain scene reveal after the wall got me tearing up a little. The themes of the story hit a little too close home ngl. It is definitly peak storytelling, I mean it literally won Munpia's Daesang award three editions in a row, god damn lol. Hopefully the webtoon continues doing it justice step by step, it will be very cool to see the later parts illustrated in the future :coffee:.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Jeycii_ and Troua

tank1221

Jul 16, 2017
Art just keeps getting worse with each update they have completely fucked up chiho design and even removed the skirt because it would be "too difficult to animate" what a joke

Edit: Also tiramisu no longer giving the updates i guess they finally told him to fuck off sigh...

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 60 Votes