Which scene do you like in the game?

• Total voters

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
As for why I added the new girl at the start of the game. It's because I want to remake the starting scenes so that there are more conversation between the girls and I thought I might as well add a new girl in it while I am it to make your replayability better. Since alot of people complained that there isn't much interaction or romance in this game
If you're going to be doing this much work, PM me your scripts and I'll help you fix the language.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
I will just wait for the "official" version of 0.11 (and maybe 0.12) before diving in this VN again. I have no idea why people are complaining that a leaked version, that never was intended to be public, has bugs in it. Of course it has. It was never intended to be plread already because it was in the debugging phase. What else did you expect?

And for the new girl. Well - It's a VN in development, so just as with all software/games/VN's in development, you have to expect things will change during development time. That's nothing new or strange and it happens all the time. With stuff in an development phase you always have to be prepared to start over or get big changes. That's what development (or rather - call it early access) is all about.

Anyway - I am looking forward to the "official" version of 0.11. I would urge the developer jut to take all the time needed to polish stuff. And if the advise is to wait a little longer until version 0.12 is released, then I will take that advise. I have a huge backlog of games and VN's I have to go through, so I won't get bored while waiting...

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I will just wait for the "official" version of 0.11 (and maybe 0.12) before diving in this VN again. I have no idea why people are complaining that a leaked version, that never was intended to be public, has bugs in it. Of course it has. It was never intended to be plread already because it was in the debugging phase. What else did you expect?

And for the new girl. Well - It's a VN in development, so just as with all software/games/VN's in development, you have to expect things will change during development time. That's nothing new or strange and it happens all the time. With stuff in an development phase you always have to be prepared to start over or get big changes. That's what development (or rather - call it early access) is all about.

Anyway - I am looking forward to the "official" version of 0.11. I would urge the developer jut to take all the time needed to polish stuff. And if the advise is to wait a little longer until version 0.12 is released, then I will take that advise. I have a huge backlog of games and VN's I have to go through, so I won't get bored while waiting...
I was told v0.11, while obviously a new version, wasn't meant to be publicly released, mainly because there are cliffhangers it ends on. The next public version was intended to be v0.12, when more is done on the game. So waiting for v0.12 is exactly what I'm planning to do.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
And for the new girl. Well - It's a VN in development, so just as with all software/games/VN's in development, you have to expect things will change during development time. That's nothing new or strange and it happens all the time. With stuff in an development phase you always have to be prepared to start over or get big changes. That's what development is all about.
The issue is that, in most VNs, new characters have their stories start at the point of initial introduction, their participation isn't thrown back to the beginning of the VN such that you have to abandon everything you've done up to that point and completely restart for things to work. This was basically a "re-write" of the VN, inserting a new character that didn't exist before, and forcing a restart. When you have a VN that's on the "mature" side (in this case, initial release plus 9 updates), that's a bit annoying. Granted, this VN doesn't have quite as much going on as some, but it's still a little bit of an annoyance. It's almost the same as when an established VN changes their RenPy version halfway in, when there's already about 20 or 30 hours of content, and borks all of your old saves. This VN probably only has about 10 to 15 hours of content, but that's still a big replay commitment. And, if I recall correctly, it's the third time remedial content has been added forcing such a replay to get the "new" content in the "old" part of the VN.

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
The issue is that, in most VNs, new characters have their stories start at the point of initial introduction, their participation isn't thrown back to the beginning of the VN such that you have to abandon everything you've done up to that point and completely restart for things to work. This was basically a "re-write" of the VN, inserting a new character that didn't exist before, and forcing a restart. When you have a VN that's on the "mature" side (in this case, initial release plus 9 updates), that's a bit annoying. Granted, this VN doesn't have quite as much going on as some, but it's still a little bit of an annoyance. It's almost the same as when an established VN changes their RenPy version halfway in, when there's already about 20 or 30 hours of content, and borks all of your old saves. This VN probably only has about 10 to 15 hours of content, but that's still a big replay commitment. And, if I recall correctly, it's the third time remedial content has been added forcing such a replay to get the "new" content in the "old" part of the VN.
And that's what you get into when you dive into a game/VN/program that's still in development. If you don't like that, then just wait until the final version is released. Sure - It can be annoying, but that's what you committed yourself to. If software of any kind is in a non 1.00 version, you have to accept that changes, some big, some small, will happen all the time. This VN is in version 0.10 ("official") at this moment. So be prepared to get some small or big overhauls, that can even push you to a full restart of everything, until version 1.00 is released. That's what development is all about, and what you have to deal with. There is no way to avoid it...

Reactions: Porthas

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
And that's what you get into when you dive into a game/VN/program that's still in development. If you don't like that, then just wait until the final version is released. Sure - It can be annoying, but that's what you committed yourself to. If software of any kind is in a non 1.00 version, you have to accept that changes, some big, some small, will happen all the time. This VN is in version 0.10 ("official") at this moment. So be prepared to get some small or big overhauls, that can even push you to a full restart of everything, until version 1.00 is released. That's what development is all about, and what you have to deal with. There is no way to avoid it...
So instead of a journey, you wait for three, four, five years or so to see if a VN gets finished?

And there is a way to avoid it: find Devs that have a plan and stick with it. If something breaks or the version of the engine isn't up to the task, then let folks know and everyone deals with it. This has been a matter of "oh, thought of something cool, so let's redo it for the third time!" It isn't an unreasonable expectation that a Dev would stick to their outline and script arc - especially this far in - rather than what has transpired here. It's a matter of planning, which is something any good programmer is supposed to know how to do. This stuff is part art, part science, but programming is pretty much all science and you can really only do it well if you have a plan.

Elsa94

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2022
So instead of a journey, you wait for three, four, five years or so to see if a VN gets finished?

And there is a way to avoid it: find Devs that have a plan and stick with it. If something breaks or the version of the engine isn't up to the task, then let folks know and everyone deals with it. This has been a matter of "oh, thought of something cool, so let's redo it for the third time!" It isn't an unreasonable expectation that a Dev would stick to their outline and script arc - especially this far in - rather than what has transpired here. It's a matter of planning, which is something any good programmer is supposed to know how to do. This stuff is part art, part science, but programming is pretty much all science and you can really only do it well if you have a plan.

I am constantly listening to critism and trying to improve it. Since alot of people complained that the game doesnt have much conversation or romance before they have sex, so I am trying to improve it by adding new conservation scenes at the beginning of the game. And to make your replayability more fun, I added a new girl in between the story. Thats all about it.

You dont have to restart if you dont want to because it doesnt affect the gameplay at the end, you can just restart and play the new scenes and then quit game and continue with your saved one. I have already mentioned where the new scenes are at to make it easier.

The new girl probrably is just a side story and wont mess with the main story.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Elsa ... i was only confused by the ending part ... after sex with Nariza and Nori .. the game repeated . kinda freaked me out ... :LOL:

love your game by the way ... so keep up your awesome work ...

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
And to make your replayability more fun, I added a new girl in between the story. Thats all about it.
Looking over the new girl's content, I don't really see that it has to be at the start. It's pretty self contained. If a play through is already several hours in, you could easily slot it in after the Nori/Narzia events.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
romance? they are at high school/college and taking a part to some shady govt research.

JJ1960

Jan 12, 2017
Looking over the new girl's content, I don't really see that it has to be at the start. It's pretty self contained. If a play through is already several hours in, you could easily slot it in after the Nori/Narzia events.
We've already had 3 girls drop in to school mid-term, which is unusual. Sprinkling new girls in every week or two throughout seems off, as that typically isn't how most schools work. Narzia and Nori moved to the area, so that makes sense, and Katy is famous enough that the school would accommodate her "dropping in". Luna isn't either of those, and just adding girls with additional back story any time isn't a good precedence, unless you meet the outside of school such as the video arcade girl.

For an update where you are adding back content you can detect whether that has been seen when someone loads an old save, and if they haven't you can do a menu with a jump statement to take the player back to those scenes, then when they are done jump back to the save point or the end of the prior version.

blueballer

Jun 24, 2020
Crud, I was enjoying the story and then the reason for the nudity came up, body positivity, is it worth pushing on because I smell snowflake crap.
No worries, no snowflaking here.
It's just used as an excuse to get the girls comfortable with gettin nekkid and all. Kinda like "your body is natural, no sense being afraid to show it off" and stuff.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Havik79

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
This isn't serialization guys, where complete episodes are dropped. These games are in-development.

3.50 star(s) 52 Votes