Dec 8, 2019
Can someone spoonfeed me?
I started playing the VX ACE version, because it apparently has more content, but I want to know if I'm missing out on playing the MV version.
I've seen very little of the MV version and I noticed that you don't have access to the gallery and you can't check your H stats.
Is it even worth it playing the MV version, aside from having higher resolution?
Seems like the basic version has a lot more content.
I don't have much time invested in the base version, so restarting is not a problem if the MV version is the superior one.
Same question for me, what's the difference between the two?

Also is there a way to transfer save between the VX ACE and the MV versions of the game? Just came back after a long break and I missed lotsa updates and now I feel like my save has been rendered entirely useless.

Also what happened to the cheat item? How do I get it in MV version?
Edit: NVM found the cheat item.

Last edited:

HappyGoomba

Mar 7, 2020
Same question for me, what's the difference between the two?

Also is there a way to transfer save between the VX ACE and the MV versions of the game? Just came back after a long break and I missed lotsa updates and now I feel like my save has been rendered entirely useless.

Also what happened to the cheat item? How do I get it in MV version?
Edit: NVM found the cheat item.
The VX Ace engine is very old, the MV engine is much newer. He's porting the game over to the newer engine, so the MV version doesn't have everything from the older version yet.

The saves aren't compatible between the two engines.

Necromant

Feb 12, 2022
I guess it's better to play the mod 0.50 instead of the MV version for now until they add more content and storyline.

Krnekdo

Feb 28, 2017
The VX Ace engine is very old, the MV engine is much newer. He's porting the game over to the newer engine, so the MV version doesn't have everything from the older version yet.

The saves aren't compatible between the two engines.
Ace was released in 2011 in Japan and MV in 2015. The time difference isn't that great. That said, if the argument is futureproofing, I wonder why he hasn't decided to port it to MZ instead? That released *relatively* recently, in 2020. Maybe it isn't particularly better, much like how every other version of Windows sucks?

Sludgycoffe120

Dec 9, 2017
How do i get potion maker and yarizo Know each other? I seen some scenes here, but theres not an option in game to take the two of them out of the city

artyV

Jan 2, 2021
I have problems with the mission "Patrol Blessing Road" once I level up to level 2 after killing the rats, the mission does not appear on the board, only the mission of the rats and the spider web reappears, any idea?

Hybr1d0

Nov 23, 2021
How do i get potion maker and yarizo Know each other? I seen some scenes here, but theres not an option in game to take the two of them out of the city
That did not happen and it will not happen. 1) It is moving the game from ACE to MV, 2) They subtly mentioned that a Kohaku x yarizo event will be added and then continue Iris's story. So I see it as far away or an event like this never happens. What you saw are editions

Reactions: Biggusdickus64

ItsDaBoy22

Aug 24, 2022
So do you have to start a new game for this build or can you bring over the last save from before the new build

3.50 star(s) 74 Votes