Collection Video O-Dio collection [2024-03-24] [o-dioファンクラブ]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

LZorro93

Apr 18, 2021
Is there atleast one Video of that is not bugged. Every Video i downloaded freezes at 6:08 and starts again at 6:56, but with no sound.

I will take any quality, just let me watch the full Video from Start to Finish

Aepith

Apr 7, 2021
Upscaling is complete

o-dio 4k 60fps
By changing the upscaling method, I was able to make the video data size smaller than planned
1 week only
Thank you very much for this. I did have a question for you- I have all your previous O-Dio upscales and as you said this collection has a much smaller filesize. I just wanted to inquire- would these ones be better/equivalent visual quality in your opinion? Just trying to determine if I can delete the older ones you made or if I should manually compare.

xuanyonghui1998

Jun 27, 2020
i am quite curious where you guys get these 4k, i subbed to his fantia and all video all seem to be lower quality compared to the ones shared here.

gisaha

Jan 3, 2022
I will explain upscaling to those who are interested.
It's a long post, so if you're not interested, please skip it.

There are 4 ways to upscale
The first method is to simply change to 4K.
The videos from Part 1 to Part 7 on O-Dio's TOP page use this upscaling method.
The second one has better image quality and larger video size than the first one.
INSECT SEX horo3 4k in the 2023-07-09 update on O-Dio's TOP page uses this upscaling method
The third one has a smaller video size than the second one.
There are no videos here where this upscaling method is used
The fourth one has better image quality and smaller video size than the third one.
The video uploaded a week ago uses this upscaling method.
Currently, the first and second upscaling methods cannot be used.

Next is about uploading and watching videos.

The 4K video here is a video that I upscaled myself.
However, the image quality and video size are different.
This is because rule34 encodes the video to make it easier to watch online.
Otherwise, the video will not play properly.
The first thing to check is

This is an upscaled video that was uploaded to rule34, downloaded, and uploaded to sankaku.
It should play without any problems.
The second one is

This is an upscaled video directly uploaded to sankaku
sankaku is uploaded without being encoded, so there is no change in the video.
I'm sure there are some people who won't be able to play this.
It was difficult to explain, so I decided to do this so that you could see it in person.

Upscaled videos will have better image quality and video size, but the playback load will be higher and playback may be difficult depending on the PC.
I think it would be a good idea to watch it on rule34.
However, videos may disappear before you know it, so be sure to download the videos you like.

Last edited:

Touhoufan2

Sep 24, 2017

The second one has better image quality and larger video size than the first one.
INSECT SEX horo3 4k in the 2023-07-09 update on O-Dio's TOP page uses this upscaling method
The fourth one has better image quality and smaller video size than the third one.

This is an upscaled video that was uploaded to rule34, downloaded, and uploaded to sankaku.
The second one is

It was difficult to explain, so I decided to do this so that you could see it in person.

Upscaled videos will have better image quality and video size, but the playback load will be higher and playback may be difficult depending on the PC.
However, videos may disappear before you know it, so be sure to download the videos you like.
gisaha What software do you use to upscale such videos? Sony Vegas, Adobe, HandBrake or something else? I'm interested in making similar renders like the horo3 one.

Last edited:
Reactions: whaegzueli

xuanyonghui1998

Jun 27, 2020

The second one is

oh wow i see, so o-dio didnt publish or make those 4k vids himself, you guys did it. Awesome works!

Reactions: whaegzueli

Touhoufan2

Sep 24, 2017
oh wow i see, so o-dio didnt publish or make those 4k vids himself, you guys did it. Awesome works!
Bro doesn't want to reply to my comment, I think he did those upscales with Topaz Video AI, but I don't know with which kind of settings.

Edit : Since gisaha didn't answer my question, I've done it myself.
If anyone wants to do similar upscaling of videos as the ones we've seen for O-Dio. You need to get Topaz video AI premium, and I recommend getting as well for better interpolations if you don't want to waste your time with rendering. (You might need a good Graphic Card but it's significantly faster.) Frame interpolation with Topaz is alright, there isn't any notable difference between this AI and the one used by Flowframe, except for the fact that if you want to upscale a video to 4k within Topaz and maybe get 120fps you just can't. Frame interpolation with Flowframes is technically better, but it probably doesn't matter that much for MMDs videos.

On Topaz I recommend you to use presets before changing anything. You can use 4k60fps, but I've seen less artifacts for some animations if you just upscale a video to 4k with the original frame rate. So just upscale your video to 4k and do not change the frame rate.

As for the filters :
- Don't use Stabilization
- Nor Motion Deblur

And unselect "Frame Interpolation" too. The thing here is to do an interpolation with Flowframes later on to get the best quality possible, OR a second rendering within Topaz but this time with your 4k video output just for interpolation. (If that's what you want to do, select the "Apollo" AI model. Chronos Fast makes it worse for MMD.)

Next, select "Enhancement" type "Progressive" with the Proteus AI model, relative to auto with 100% sharpening. If movement are really fast, just use auto. Don't touch anything else. Makes sure it's in H264 and you can render your video. Flowframes is pretty straightforward, select the recommended options and choose 60, 120, 240 or more frame per seconds. I find it better with just 60 fps. (There's a bunch of other AI model like Gaia which is supposed to be better for computer generated video, but on all my tests, Proteus seems to be the better one in every way.)

to some upscale i've made from god tier / old school MMD creators like Furui, YunaTBM, @nubioda and @mmdmonmon. It goes from 720p to 4k60fps, file size is pretty decent thanks to the encoding process of Flowframes.

Last edited:

Ars Almal

Jan 29, 2020
its shit,
dont get your hopes up on that..

the one who requested it must be really regretted losing 5k yen for quality this bad.

• Sad
Reactions: kiyiya

Us3less

Dec 22, 2018
Yeah ngl, the last few months have been pretty meh content.

Wtf, the komi one is just bad, srsly, its shit.

OvaLoaf

Nov 7, 2020
Kinda disappointed in the sheer drop in quality over the past few works. O-dio isn't the most amazing creator out there but I was hoping they'd improve overtime.

forsan69

Apr 2, 2020
Kinda disappointed in the sheer drop in quality over the past few works. O-dio isn't the most amazing creator out there but I was hoping they'd improve overtime.
In terms of active ones i would say he is one of the best. Just some misses for the last few works for sure

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote