3.90 star(s) 61 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Personally I love harem VNs, or at least VNs that allow them. I'll give you a good example that I just caught up with today... "Freeloading Family", right now all that is left is the endings, it leads you right up to the last choice. But here's the thing, VN gave you the choices to sleep with all the girls when it came up in the story, you could choose not to or you could keep them all up to the very end.
I love VNs, almost exclusively play them. I also enjoy the Harem VNs because I don't really want to go through a game 5 times so I fuck all 5 possible LI. The content isn't different enough in the games for there to be enough replay value. And, as you say, you can decide that you don't want to fuck everyone. You don't have to play as a slut if you don't want to, most games don't force you to do that.

In OoL so far the player gets to choose between the two girls from the cafe, but is going to have sex with their choice no matter what. And then again with their cousin, yes I'm calling her his cousin cause we all know that's what she is intended to be, we as the player get no say in the matter of if they have sex and then subsquently get caught by MC's sister the next morning. Honestly I would have chosen to sleep with her either way, but the fact of the matter remains that it causes the player/reader/choice maker, what ever you want to call them, to feel like they were stripped away of their choice in a media where they are all use to having that exact choice, or even working for that choice. Thus it can rub some people the wrong way when not only is it simply handed to them, but in reality forced upon them.
In my opinion it would have been nice if we could choose to kiss the cousin or not. If we don't she leaves in a huff, if we do then = sex. Just because the term "kissing cousins" exists doesn't mean everyone wants to incur the wrath of their mafioso family by kissing their cousin. Overall this is the least forceful "forced" sex I've come across recently.

As for the comments about how it isn't forced upon the MC and that they are into it and all for it, this is technically true. That being said many of us who play these VNs try to put ourselves into the shoes of the MC. That's why in "Good Girls Gone Bad" my character always turns out to be a good person who only dipped their toe into the bad pool, because otherwise I would have to force myself to make the "bad" choices. So when someone, which I did in my review, says that it was forced on the MC what they really mean is it is forced on them, while they are in the mindset of the MC and perhaps it was something that their headcannon of the MC would not do, because they would not do it, or at minimum they would have liked the choice even if their choice was going to be the same outcome as how it is written now.
You and I played GGGB in a very similar manner. LOL. I always try to play as if I am the person making the decisions, it makes the games more interesting. I'm an old RPG player and feel it is more exciting to take on the "role" of the MC.

In this game I would have totally screwed the cousin anyway but I always advocate for more choices/options.

Finally I would like to address the developer, please do not allow any comments or reviews that come about dishearten you from continuing to create your game/VN/story, ect. I will be the first one to tell you that you aren't ever going to be able to please everyone. My advice to you is to make the game for you, not for other people, but because you have a story and VN that you enjoy and feel proud of. If you do that you will find others who agree and will enjoy it as well.
Wholeheartedly agree with this last bit of advice. This community is very vocal and will pull you in many different directions if you let it. Make what you enjoy, and will be proud of, not what everyone tells you would make a better game.

Tumai

Sep 1, 2019
This entry in the 0.1.1 changelog worries me a bit:

"Fixed variable error (choose racket)"

as it is something at the very beginning of the game. Do we have to replay the game from the strart to get into the racket (or both) we originaly chose?

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
This entry in the 0.1.1 changelog worries me a bit:

"Fixed variable error (choose racket)"

as it is something at the very beginning of the game. Do we have to replay the game from the strart to get into the racket (or both) we originaly chose?
no, its an easy fix and wont affect your save files. (Im 99.9% sure)

Reactions: Tumai

Silk_Ari

Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
For those of you who haven't checked the Patreon page, there are Bonus renders for all level Patrons being added that you really should not miss out on! Case in point:

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Signatures/
View attachment 657681
Links/
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/05/671772_OOL-a.gif
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2020/05/671773_OOL-b.gif
I tried to PM you, but the system says that you don't accept PMs.

You did really nice work on those two Oath of Loyalty GIFs. I was wondering if I could get you to create a customized version of OOL-b.gif for me? One that says Editor in either a white or gold non-serif font in the lower right corner of the image?

Reactions: Lady Aspen
3.90 star(s) 61 Votes