Someguy01

Aug 1, 2017
I rarely play v0.1 games, simply because the lack of content, but based on the pics and the story, this one could be a hit once it gets to v0.5 or so and has some meat to it.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
This is a great start so far. Hoping there'll be a new update fast.

badbrad136969

Jul 2, 2017
Wow, lots of potential. Looking forward to putting the bite on mom and sis... Can you add some teachers from your old school.

Mitsui12

Sep 13, 2017
Wow... This story of this game is so amazing.. Can't wait to see whats going on after update.. Good Job

StarWarrior

Engaged Member
May 24, 2017
Pfft i got so excited last time when i saw the vampire thing i forgot to download the game!:happyblush so now today when i was going to try it i couldent find it on my HDD!::|: Silly me *facepalm*:noexpression: Anyway maybe it's just that i'm easy to please but i found it alright & interesting! the images is a bit on the grainy side though.:)

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
For $20+ patrons, so there's a grand total of 2 people who have access to it right now.
Considering this seems to be first update of the dev's first title it feels a bit early to paywall that much, but maybe the game is that good already...

BeCe

Purveyor of Blood and Boobs
Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
For $20+ patrons, so there's a grand total of 2 people who have access to it right now.
Considering this seems to be first update of the dev's first title it feels a bit early to paywall that much, but maybe the game is that good already...
I honestly have no idea how to appropriately price my game. I was considering every release to be completely free but I'm genuinely scared no one will bother to pay at all if I do that and I really want to make this a success.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I honestly have no idea how to appropriately price my game. I was considering every release to be completely free but I'm genuinely scared no one will bother to pay at all if I do that and I really want to make this a success.
Whatever works for you, I wasn't judging, just wondering.
From what I've seen from other patreon projects they often are generous with free content early in development (at least if it's their first title) to build a fanbase and get everyone excited and then start milking once enough people are hooked.

I'm not exactly an expert on the subject though, so just do your thing.

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Honestly you might want to just redo your pricing, sure it would kind of screw over the 2 or so $20 patreons, but yeah.. you'd gain a hell of a lot more income overall probably if you lowered your tiers.

I played the demo and really liked it and went and looked at your patreon but, yeah...no way many people are gonna pay $20 a month(or even $10 a month)to a project that is only in the 0.1/0.2 state no matter how good it is, that is how a lot of these game devs end up just getting frustrated and giving up after one or two updates because no one pledges. Gonna have to get your game much furthur into development or become one of those devs who puts out status updates 3 or 4 times a week before you can expect to pull down a ton of $10 and $20 pledges.

My personal advice from someone who actually pledges to multiple projects would be a quick fix of dropping everything a tier, drop your $10 a month stuff to $5, drop your $20 to $10, drop your $40 to $20(and yeah..don't really ever expect anyone to donate 40 a month the only devs that seem to get away with that are ones who make custom characters and storylines in the game for people who donate that much.)

Honestly, the first few days you'll probably lose some money due to price changes, but in the long run you'll gain a ton more subscribers due to stuff being more reasonably priced I'd say.

Reactions: DownTheDrain

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
My personal advice from someone who actually pledges to multiple projects would be a quick fix of dropping everything a tier, drop your $10 a month stuff to $5, drop your $20 to $10, drop your $40 to $20(and yeah..don't really ever expect anyone to donate 40 a month the only devs that seem to get away with that are ones who make custom characters and storylines in the game for people who donate that much.)
Well, higher tiers can work if you (exclusively) cater to some of the more weird fetishes out there. Diapers or inflation, for instance, apparently can make you quite a bit of money even if your art is rather sub-standard. Furries often like to spend big as well, but they already have a lot of options to choose from.
Personally I never pledged for more than $10 a month to any single project, but in the future I'll probably only consider projects that charge per update or milestone, not monthly.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
@BeCe Are you go public in a couple of days, right? Let me know. please and I'll update the OP for you asap.

By the way, could you consider to create a 5$ tier maybe for the 3 days of release in advance instead of 10$? I like to support you. 1$ is low but 10$ is a little too much. IMHO you are missing a tier level that is really popular for other devs.

Reactions: elmandor

BeCe

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
@BeCe Are you go public in a couple of days, right? Let me know. please and I'll update the OP for you asap.

By the way, could you consider to create a 5$ tier maybe for the 3 days of release in advance instead of 10$? I like to support you. 1$ is low but 10$ is a little too much. IMHO you are missing a tier level that is really popular for other devs.
Public release should be tomorrow.

But yeah, I'll be rearranging the tiers while I work on 0.25. Been giving a lot of thought to what I could do for the tiers beyond just early access, really struggling to think of things that I'd actually have time to do. But at the same time, I have been thinking a lot about just scrapping the whole early access thing altogether and having every release completely free, feels like the "right" thing to do but maybe not the "smart" thing.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Public release should be tomorrow.

But yeah, I'll be rearranging the tiers while I work on 0.25. Been giving a lot of thought to what I could do for the tiers beyond just early access, really struggling to think of things that I'd actually have time to do. But at the same time, I have been thinking a lot about just scrapping the whole early access thing altogether and having every release completely free, feels like the "right" thing to do but maybe not the "smart" thing.
Naaa, keep the early access. Sadly people like this stuff. If it can help you to have some money for your work, I can't see any real problem to wait a week/10 days to have the free version.

BeCe

Game Developer
Jul 26, 2017
Naaa, keep the early access. Sadly people like this stuff. If it can help you to have some money for your work, I can't see any real problem to wait a week/10 days to have the free version.
Cool, I put a poll up for my patrons, will probably either squeeze in a new $5 tier or halve the cost of all current tiers.

4.00 star(s) 29 Votes