Aug 22, 2018
Just going to bump this thread because I don't want this game to be entirely forgotten.

While I'm not a patron, I do follow the news on it - it's gotten a few beta releases on Patreon and was supposed to get a full release by the end of this month, which has been delayed because life got in the way.

D

Deleted member 2738

Aren't these the sprites for HentaiHighSchool+?
Anyone know where to get the sprite maker?

FinnyDaPou

Aug 5, 2018
Well since according to his twitter he did an AMA on his Discord about a month ago it doesnt seem to be abandoned, just progressing really slow.
yeah, but aren't we missing an update or something on here? im pretty sure that they put out something, about a newer version

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
yeah, but aren't we missing an update or something on here? im pretty sure that they put out something, about a newer version
Nobody on this site has uploaded anything other than the public demo. Either because they don't want to share or they don't have access. If you want to play any of the updates for the actual game, you'll have to either pay of wait patiently like the rest of us.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Nobody on this site has uploaded anything other than the public demo. Either because they don't want to share or they don't have access. If you want to play any of the updates for the actual game, you'll have to either pay of wait patiently like the rest of us.
So first off, sorry if I'm necrobumping since the last reply in this thread is close to a month old

Secondly, since this thread also has the "abandoned" tag, is it due to no one being able to get a new version of the game or the developer ceasing development? Just curious.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
I believe it's because there's been nothing public about the project for a few months now. The last Patreon post was in April, talking about a delayed release date for the next version. The only post I've seen since then was a tweet about a Discord AMA in September, but that's their only one this year. It's possible there is more detail on the discord but I seriously doubt it's going to contain good news so I don't really want to check it.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I poked my head into the Discord and the developer was discussing update progress as recently as the beginning of last month (November 1), so I think it's definitely too soon to call this game abandoned. Apparently the dev posts progress notes on Discord more often than Patreon, usually at the beginning of any given month, though not every month.

Reactions: Beggarman

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Posted March 30 (so a little under one month ago) on the Discord:

Good news, @everyone - I'm finally (as of tomorrow) not working in my local hospital anymore!

I'll be going back to the facility I used to work at and will finally be back on a more manageable workload, so I can finally, finally make some more consistent progress on Gianna. I learned that this would probably be the case about a week ago, but I wanted to wait until it was 100% confirmed before I posted about it. (Also, I'm just a few days away from my second vaccination shot, so yaay )

I still don't want to estimate an actual release date yet because there's still plenty to do (and I'm always thinking of more things to add as I work), but June/July is looking more likely now than before. Here's hoping.

But regardless, thanks so much to everyone for staying with me through this seriously rough last year, whether you supported financially or not. I think Gianna will meet or exceed your expectations, as I'm pretty proud of how things are going.

[10:45 PM]
As a side announcement, I'm still brainstorming about how to best approach the planned DLC / Expansion, as well as the fact that I'm reconsidering how to price Gianna, as $7 USD is probably underselling the game for how much content it will have. I won't be changing that price before release - that much I've promised - but here's my plan as of now:

- The game's full release will be priced at $7 USD. Eight possible party members, dozens and dozens of statuses, and three possible final endings.
- I'll be making a significant content update at some point afterward, adding two new playable characters and at least one new status - Bride, which grants a powerful magic/combat class that can only be unlocked once per game and for only one character (choose wisely... ). When this update goes live, the game will be re-priced at (an estimated) $10 USD, but anyone who bought the game previously should be able to simply re-download it from the storefront they bought it from to receive the updated version.
- The Expansion will be practically another game's worth of content added to the base game, so I'll be thinking about its price (as well as how to best distribute it, seeing as RPG Maker is pretty limited in this regard), but as of now, I'm looking at six additional playable characters in addition to the boatload of areas and statuses that will be present, plus at least one additional final ending. Wish me luck.
So it isn't dead, at least. The Patreon page is outdated, but the dev still posts on the game's Discord.

Reactions: Beggarman

FoxLust

Aug 20, 2017
Also bumping the post because I've really liked the game overall and sucks that covid got in the way. And been waiting for any updates or patreon version release

Reactions: Axis3123
4.30 star(s) 21 Votes