trollmobile

Oct 1, 2021
just wanted to say that this is probably my favorite game i've played on this site, and i've played hundreds.
Raven somehow melted my frozen heart, she is absolutely adorable and i can't wait to read the rest of the story.

also if you give Raven a sad ending i can and will use my peculiar set of skills, skills i've aquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare to people like you. i will find you, and i will post a mean comment on this thread voicing my heartbreak.

Bulk Biceps

Aug 3, 2020
hey dev im no sure if anyone has mentioned this (and i apologies for repeating they have) but the text section, if you look closely, some of the words are cut off if possible could you please make the border wider. cause if you look at it a a slight distance some of text doesnt make sence.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
hey dev im no sure if anyone has mentioned this (and i apologies for repeating they have) but the text section, if you look closely, some of the words are cut off if possible could you please make the border wider. cause if you look at it a a slight distance some of text doesnt make sence.
It's the first time I'm hearing about this, could you please take a screenshot?

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Had a go at porting v0.1.12 to Android.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Wonder how the dev gets around the no nsfw policy on/by/with Stable diffusion
Stable Diffusion is open source, you can do anything with it. Their policies only apply to the base model they release but the community adds a lot of nsfw variants and there are many that are superb. The images that this game uses are well behind state of the art in nsfw.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Stable Diffusion is open source, you can do anything with it. Their policies only apply to the base model they release but the community adds a lot of nsfw variants and there are many that are superb. The images that this game uses are well behind state of the art in nsfw.
Yeah true. The newest mechanic (breedable Achievements) in the game will be made with the newest AI generation methods and look awesome, but most pictures in the game are fairly outdated images from the first iterations of generation technology.

I plan to replace pretty much everything eventually, once the rapid improvements to models and methods slow down and reaches a comfortable peak.

carlofresco

May 28, 2017
I try the new versione but all my save didn't work.
It give me error about missing value like stoic_max or skirmish_counter.
From what i see in the changelog , they are because you made some change in the gameplay. Is possible ti fix It or i need to replay from the begin?

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
Rather promising and I am looking forward to seeing where this goes regarding char developments and story.

One suggestion for future versions:
Might be helpful to add something like a "This was all mainstory content for this version, check back in X months" screen at the end.
With "endlessly" running events like the skirmish, repeatable map-spots to visit, and some character stories popping up without the player directly knowing what triggers them (like with Raven's short absence right now)?
It might later become difficult to know if you have seen all available content, unless you keep a very close eye at the changelog.

Reactions: Earliestbird

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Yeah true. The newest mechanic (breedable Achievements) in the game will be made with the newest AI generation methods and look awesome, but most pictures in the game are fairly outdated images from the first iterations of generation technology.

I plan to replace pretty much everything eventually, once the rapid improvements to models and methods slow down and reaches a comfortable peak.
Can't wait

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Earliestbird, I get a "Parsing the script failed." error every time I try to load the game. Error:

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label _call_healthcheck is defined twice, at File "game/_diceroll.rpy", line 52:
call healthcheck from _call_healthcheck
and File "game/_main base.rpy", line 48:

The label main_base_wait_for_input is defined twice, at File "game/_diceroll.rpy", line 56:
label main_base_wait_for_input:
and File "game/_main base.rpy", line 52:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Tue Feb 28 11:28:58 2023

I've deleted the old version I had & also deleted all Roaming data as well, nothing helps.
Also I downloaded it using the Mega Download Link.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Earliestbird, I get a "Parsing the script failed." error every time I try to load the game. Error:

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label _call_healthcheck is defined twice, at File "game/_diceroll.rpy", line 52:
and File "game/_main base.rpy", line 48:

The label main_base_wait_for_input is defined twice, at File "game/_diceroll.rpy", line 56:
and File "game/_main base.rpy", line 52:

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Tue Feb 28 11:28:58 2023

I've deleted the old version I had & also deleted all Roaming data as well, nothing helps.
Also I downloaded it using the Mega Download Link.
Thanks for the bug report, I will have this fixed with the next update.

In the meantime if you want to do a quick manual fix, open the _diceroll.rpy file and replace this part of the code:

Code:
    jump main_base_wait_for_input

With this:

Code:
    call healthcheck
    jump main_base_wait_for_input_diceroll

label main_base_wait_for_input_diceroll:
Hopefully this will solve the issue!

Reactions: bearclaw01234

bearclaw01234

Mar 13, 2018
Thanks for the bug report, I will have this fixed with the next update.

In the meantime if you want to do a quick manual fix, open the _diceroll.rpy file and replace this part of the code:

Code:
    jump main_base_wait_for_input

With this:

Code:
    call healthcheck
    jump main_base_wait_for_input_diceroll

label main_base_wait_for_input_diceroll:
Hopefully this will solve the issue!

Tried it & it fixed the problem. Thank Ye.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
As for the nonsensical argument that AI art is "stealing"... bitch please, you're on a website that pirates more games than a two-chromosome pelican in a fish market. If there's any place on the internet that understands and loathes the bullshittery that is copyright, it's here.
This is one of the best arguments I've heard for AI based art.

I'm just getting into the meat of the game, and so far, so good. I do have a couple of quibbles, but need time to put together how I want to put it. I'll post back when I have it.

EricGrey

Nov 11, 2020
Earliestbird
Been playing for a bit now, made it to day ## and as I said above, so far, so good. The story is very well done.

There are a couple of things I'd like to point out, some that would make for a better play experience, IMO (QOL), and one possible bug.

First, please add a notation on the Save and Load game screens which you are on. There is no way to tell until you click. I'm afraid that I might get ahead of myself when I'm reloading after an incredibly stupid move (like pissing off the dragon or whatever it was) and overwrite my save.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Next may or may not be a bug, I'm not sure.

Lastly, font. I personally have difficulty reading the text in the default font. I have to change it to DejaVu Sans to read. That may get better after I get new glasses, but that's another story. :p If I change it to make it larger, some pages go too far down to read without switching back.

My request would be to make the font a bit darker to increase the contrast.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Earliestbird
Been playing for a bit now, made it to day ## and as I said above, so far, so good. The story is very well done.

There are a couple of things I'd like to point out, some that would make for a better play experience, IMO (QOL), and one possible bug.

First, please add a notation on the Save and Load game screens which you are on. There is no way to tell until you click. I'm afraid that I might get ahead of myself when I'm reloading after an incredibly stupid move (like pissing off the dragon or whatever it was) and overwrite my save.

Next may or may not be a bug, I'm not sure.

Lastly, font. I personally have difficulty reading the text in the default font. I have to change it to DejaVu Sans to read. That may get better after I get new glasses, but that's another story. :p If I change it to make it larger, some pages go too far down to read without switching back.

My request would be to make the font a bit darker to increase the contrast.
Uhhh... pretty much all 3 of those are not intended. Are you playing on Windows 10? I have no idea why the font is default and the combat UI is broken, but the game should look like this:

screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png

This is how it appears on my computer and since the problem doesn't appear on my end, I can't even begin to imagine how I would go about fixing it.

4.10 star(s) 36 Votes