VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
I keep reading about storylines with the various girls, but I'm like 20 minutes in and I've had like 3 choices and it's been nothing but reading the entire time. No interaction at all. Does it change later or something?
At some point on the beach you will get a choice to focus on 1 of the girls. Only 2 are valid right now and once you pick a girl its mostly linear.

Reactions: Namco15

Muffeh

Jun 25, 2017
I keep reading about storylines with the various girls, but I'm like 20 minutes in and I've had like 3 choices and it's been nothing but reading the entire time. No interaction at all. Does it change later or something?
It's a visual novel they are heavy on reading and plot. Notably they are a lite version of a choose your own adventure story. There are usually in this genre various "routes" through the story, each involving a different love interest. There are currently two implemented with a third in development.

I believe there will be 6 routes in total, based on what has been stated before. Routes can also as evidenced by the more recent content have more than one ending depending on your choices and actions through the story.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
And I get that, but not all visual novel games are so straight forward, nothing to do kind of games. I don't mind if a game is a lot of reading, I just like choices in things that make me feel more involved in it. Thanks for the answers though. Games like these just always feel like one long introduction and that the game proper never seems to happen. That's why I become frustrated with them.

Muffeh

Jun 25, 2017
And I get that, but not all visual novel games are so straight forward, nothing to do kind of games. I don't mind if a game is a lot of reading, I just like choices in things that make me feel more involved in it. Thanks for the answers though. Games like these just always feel like one long introduction and that the game proper never seems to happen. That's why I become frustrated with them.
No worries, for what it's worth the introduction before the route branches start does take some getting through. Once your done though things do get more involved and interesting.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
No worries, for what it's worth the introduction before the route branches start does take some getting through. Once your done though things do get more involved and interesting.
Ah, so I see, the beach is the ending split it would appear. And if you pick someone whose ending isn't done it seems to default to Melissa.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Happy New Year to all Offcutters (Offcutees? Offcutians?)! I wish you good tidings and bring you patron news. All this could be yours if you just drop a little monetary love to lil' ol' stencil. Well, okay, you get my tidings for free, but they're probably not overpriced...

New Years Update
Monthly update and new years update in one! As I mentioned in my previous update, I'm currently on vacation so I have been able to fully focus on finalizing the next 0.3 release. I should have more news once my vacation ends next week, but at the moment things are progressing nicely. Still, I'll skip the Patreon payment again this month. Maybe it will push me to make updates and content a bit faster. If I made any new years promises this year, I would probably promise to produce content more quickly, but I hate breaking promises so I'll try to do my best with what I have.
Happy New Year to everyone!

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
Nice way to ring out the old year.

Happy new years to one and all.

Can't wait to see what happens to the Offcuts story in 2019.

Excelsior.

Reactions: Namco15

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
Mainly just hoping the next update gets put out soon cause I'm more excited for hopefully Alice's story to be next.

Amy feels like it's going to be a good story though (we know they had a past relationship), and I hope some threesome scenes since I feel like Kate has been floating around in a lot of the images he's posted, and we know she's close with Nina as well.

TheBlueChip

Dec 17, 2018
Hey Norton flagged this as a possible virus. I know its probably a false positive but i would love some reassurance from the dev and/or other people. I appreciate it.

D

Deleted member 59977

He is being far too harsh on himself in my opinion. He is one of the few creators whom I feel like it is safe making pledges to because it looks like this is a project of passion rather than just another cash grab.

In any case looking forward to the next update. Amy = best girl.

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
He is being far too harsh on himself in my opinion. He is one of the few creators whom I feel like it is safe making pledges to because it looks like this is a project of passion rather than just another cash grab.

In any case looking forward to the next update. Amy = best girl.
Agree, Stencilbits appears to be genuinely good guy. Game is absolutely worth supporting.

kaiserpingu

Jun 7, 2018
So now I've seen both routes and contrary to most of everyone here, I prefer Nina.
I guess it's because she reminds me of my ex: tsundere, petite body, pretty face, small tits, cute butt, shy and reserved at first glance but is actually kinky as a semen demon in bed. She's my first and only gf so far, so yeah moving on is definitely easier said than done.
Pathetic, I know. I guess...having a Jane route would help me get over her? LOL. I do love me a flirty big sister.
Will definitely wait for more!

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
ok..he said he was trying for Jan 6th..which is..TOMORROW!!! so lets ALL start chanting "Alice"..you know y'all want her...YOU DO DAMMIT!! the Waif...bet she's a closet axe murderer :O
I'll chant with ya if you think it will help (although I like Kate best) but didn't he already say it's going to be Amy's route?

Reactions: Rythan25
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes