VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Seraphiel

Dec 8, 2017
I love this game, but am having real trouble unlocking all the scenes! Is there a walkthrough, or something similar? Thanks!

Ray1021

Sep 18, 2017
I'm on my first playthrough early in the game. My god the MC Cole is an idiot. He can't see how Amy or Nina like him. All he wants to do is fight with Nina and not even notice Amy at all. I hope he gets his head out of his ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earthling

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I'm on my first playthrough early in the game. My god the MC Cole is an idiot. He can't see how Amy or Nina like him. All he wants to do is fight with Nina and not even notice Amy at all. I hope he gets his head out of his ass.
For Amy it's more subtle. And while Nina likes him, Melissa, even in Nina's path, is heads-over-heels for him, trying to find dominatrix-like ways to keep him around her.

I love this game, but am having real trouble unlocking all the scenes! Is there a walkthrough, or something similar? Thanks!
Yes, there is something similar and I used it. And now I can't find it. Search in the thread for "walkthrough" and you will find a very short guide on how to get all endings that are there for 0.2.

As a general rule of a thumb, the game is not too subtle when it comes to sex. When Kate sexts you that she wants sex now, it means she wants sex now which means you would get a sex scene.
When Nina offers you a BJ before school, it leads to a BJ scene. That kind of thing. Don't turn down spending time with the girl you are in the path with and you will get the scenes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ray1021

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Finally got around to playing 2.0 (after 2 months) uni life sure does nuke my free time. got curious about the next update before I even finished my playthrough, and damn. this dev be hard at work, count me impressed.
Most games/VNs have a barebones story with a scene focus, while this is story focused with the scenes fitting in naturally with the story progression, which I really quite enjoy reading too.
Playing this just makes it feel like a sin if you skip dialogue. and the james banter XD

@stencilbits keep up the good work mate, nice to see your patreon picking up some patrons, they are well deserved.

Last edited:

Muffeh

Jun 25, 2017
Do we know if theres a plan to add or flesh out more of the CG's in the routes once the game is more developed? I'm happy with whats there but i'm greedy for more :eek:

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Hoo boy! What an info-packed update. Love it, hate it, be confused by it, but read it. If you've played the game, you should already be a patron (if not, c'mon man!). If you haven't, have fun and look forward to the next chapter!

Monthly progress report
Plenty of news this time! The first one: I will be skipping this month's Patreon payments, so you should not be billed for this month. Mostly because I have been tinkering with all kinds of interesting but not strictly all that Offcuts-related stuff, so I don't feel it would be fair when I haven't even provided that much content for you to see. More information below.
The script for Amy's route is now mostly ready but some of the new visuals and scenes I have been working on have taken more time than I thought. I have already shown some of the character sprite improvements (like eye and mouth movement) and now I have extended some of the visual improvements to background images too. For example simple foliage movement in trees and grass, moving clouds etc. Check the attached video for a quick demo. Those changes make the outside scenes seem a bit more lively and nicer to look at, but of course they can be disabled in the preferences if you like the static ones (or if your computer is slow). I have also re-rendered several old backgrounds and created over 10 more unique scenes and backgrounds that will be in 0.3. The previous release 0.2 had only one or two new background images so this release will add quite a few new locations. Modelling or just tweaking existing scenes has also taken more time than I expected, but now they are all (mostly) ready. Due to all technical changes save games from earlier versions will not be compatible with 0.3, but any unlocked gallery images should be preserved. Ren'Py provides a good skipping functionality, so this should not be a major problem.
I can now finally focus on the actual CG's and finishing the script now that the locations are modelled and done. The current estimate for 0.3 is maybe about 2-3 weeks if nothing unexpected happens. I will probably spend this time mostly modelling and rendering CG's and posting them here to actually get some good Patreon content for you. As a side note, the CG's in the game gallery (and in-game) look now pretty static after watching scenes with moving backgrounds and sprites, but re-rendering hundreds of CG images to support simple 2D-animations is way too much work for now. And I'll try to get 0.3 out as fast as possible, so maybe release 0.4 after that might have more dynamic CG's or even actual "real" 3D-animations. Blender 2.8 alpha has been progressing nicely lately. Who knows...

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
This update shows that @stencilbits really cares about his game. The game was already good with it's writing and characters. With these backdrops it will add another bit of depth to the world.

The character animations strongly imply influence from japanese VN's. I've read quite a few that have the characters slightly moving during conversations. Either way the demo reel looks good.

Can't wait for 0.3 and the Amy storyline.

Excelsior

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
This update shows that @stencilbits really cares about his game. The game was already good with it's writing and characters. With these backdrops it will add another bit of depth to the world.

The character animations strongly imply influence from japanese VN's. I've read quite a few that have the characters slightly moving during conversations. Either way the demo reel looks good.

Can't wait for 0.3 and the Amy storyline.

Excelsior
I actually can't wait for all the storylines because every girl looks interesting so far.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
I actually can't wait for all the storylines because every girl looks interesting so far.
I'm also looking forward to all the girls storylines. I only mentioned Amy because i believe she is the next story line to be completed. The one i'm personally looking forward to is Kate.

Reactions: Vainglorious

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
It's an amazing thing that he doesn't bill if there's nothing to provide besides just updates.

I've been supporting him since the game dropped on this site and I think I've only been billed maybe 2-3 times.

I would 100% have paid every month, but by him not milking and actually being an honest creator, I 100% will support until the game is completed, and who knows what comes after that.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I'm also looking forward to all the girls storylines. I only mentioned Amy because i believe she is the next story line to be completed. The one i'm personally looking forward to is Kate.
I understood that that you mentioned Amy because of the post above don't worry. :D

Muffeh

Jun 25, 2017
What i like about this is that there is enough content in the game already, that I honestly don't mind the creator going back and polishing it to be even better.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

Uncle Claudius

Mar 29, 2018
Yeah, bless. He said he won't bill patrons last month cause he wasn't working "strictly on Offcuts" stuff.
Also replying so I won't forget this again

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes