VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
Unfortunately, he thinks about changing the art. :-(

Nah, it wouldn't work in the story. It wouldn't make sense.
is he? you mean the unique scenes art or the dialog art? because it would be a huge mistake to change the scenes art, those are glorious. Maybe he loses too much time making them, but even so he should keep it

if he change the dialog models to something more alike the scenes, them it would be a great shift

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
saw it now

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I think it has advantages and disadvantages, some facial features like eyes and mouth got worse, eyes were more expressive and the lips need a bit more color, they are all too white. But I think hair for the most part got better, I think kate, alice and melissa look objectively better because of it. Nina and Amy I think could get better, Amy's hair looks alright but she has problems in her lips and eyes, and Nina lost detail in her hair, it now looks less stilish and more of a mess, and she got worse eyes and mouth as well. The Milf has the same eyes/mouth problem, basically the girls with blue/green eyes suffered in the new art, and the ones with brown/black got out alright

it shouldn't be too hard for the dev to fix those, and he also could give the option to use the old art since it's already there

Reactions: VI487 and Mark17

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
@stencilbits Thanks for such an entertaining VN. When I first downloaded this i wasn't sure what to expect. The artwork is what initially drew me in. Then i found a compelling, entertaining, and funny story with quite a few lovely ladies (And guy, can't forget Best bodyguard James).
Nina at first rubbed me the wrong way (That's more of an issue with that type of character in Anime). Then I progressed through the story and started to find her very endearing. Good job on the characterization.
Melissa, I kind of knew there would be a sort of melting the queens heart. I think the thought sweet comes into mind by the end of this story. Probably my favorite story out of the girls so far.
Sad to see that we won't get a Jane route. Not every girl that appears in games needs to romanced or boinked (Despite my hopes).
My anticipated route is Kate. I know you get a bit of action from her quite early, if you choose to. This may turn off a bit of people who like a slow burn or stairway to heaven progression. I think this will only be at the start before we get to know her through her path. This might lead to wild sex scenes. Or perhaps we can deny sex to learn more about her and then get a truly passionate night of lovemaking.

Either way great work. Keep up the good fight of making entertaining adult media.

Reactions: genthrow

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018
@stencilbits Question. Was there any specific novel or manga that inspired this story? Do you have any favorites?
My favorite when it comes to stories with multiple ladies is Tenchi Muyo (Well at least the manga and earlier anime stuff).

RedSh

Jul 17, 2017
Sad to see that we won't get a Jane route. Not every girl that appears in games needs to romanced or boinked (Despite my hopes).
I'm sure hoping we do. I like the idea pursuing the older girl who once just thought of us as a kid brother or something, and who we once looked on as impossible wise and forever unreachable. Maybe she was a babysitter, maybe she was a volunteer at a club, maybe she shielded us from bully or teacher or other adult, but somehow she earned our undying adoration. Maybe hers were the first breasts we saw in the flesh and were the center of our fantasies, and even after we got our first girlfriend and her memory fades, they were still the breasts we automatically compare every other pair against.

And maybe it ends well and we gain her true respect and regard as an equal.

And maybe it doesn't, and we're just a fun fuck from a cute kid who never matured in her eyes and we become just a notch on her belt, the knowledge of the difference between how much we regarded her and how little she regarded us stinging forever more.

Jane is an interesting archetype, and one which I think deserves elaboration and exploration. If not on her own route, then as a contrasting stepping stone on another girl's -- old friendships and behaviours versus new. Or the loud, brash, gregarious lover offering adventure versus the quiet, introspective friend offering love.

I think it'd be amusing Jane deciding to seduce us to take our virginity, only to learn afterwards, nope, already gone. So, fine, then first anal -- but nope, Kate got there first. And then she goes on this big list of sex acts, trying to find something she'd be our first at: blow job? Nope. Boob job? Nope. Foot job? Nope. And then, her frustration mounting, we finally admit that, yes, we've actually lying and at least one of those was our first but, hey, wasn't tonight a hell of a lot of fun and please don't kill us? Cue laughter all around.

Anyway, while, sure, I'd like to get into Jane's pants, it's actually thinking of the journeys the author put Nina and Melissa on that makes me eager to discover more about Jane as a character, and not just a cutely rendered 3D model. ;-)

So cheers to the author -- may he keep it up. :)

sadman8547

Sep 16, 2017
in all honesty this is the best Story focused VN here, 2nd is 'I love my Daddy' where pacing, humour, plot are actually well done.

on a unrelated note how to do you fix your signatures ? vv

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018
kept turning down Melissa and ended up with Melissa... Fuck that blonde cooze! I wanted either Amy or Kate. but noooo... my redhead fantasies are unrequited...

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
kept turning down Melissa and ended up with Melissa... Fuck that blonde cooze! I wanted either Amy or Kate. but noooo... my redhead fantasies are unrequited...
There is no Kate or Amy path yet. Just Nina and Melissa. I picked Kate as well and got Melissa. Have to say I did end up liking the Melissa path better. I do believe Amy path will be next update though.

Takonar

Aug 21, 2018
I banged out both full paths in one sitting, excellent game. Originally I wasn't even interested in Melissa, but I ended up falling in with her and I don't regret it at all. Story is great, character interactions are excellent, humor is perfect, and the art is unique. Wasn't sure I was going to be a fan of the art at first from some of the blowjob faces in the previews, but it looks amazing.

Reactions: Namco15

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
The hard part for me would be turning on some other girl after finding out how important the MC is for Melissa. She has completely fallen for the MC by the time the game goes to the choices.

Isn't the new update coming in a week or two? Or that's wishful thinking on my part?

Last edited:

sadman8547

Sep 16, 2017
Sure. Last update was in september.
which doesn't mean he has monthly updates. it means he does updates on the status of his next iteration just go to his patreon page... at least he actually polishes his content before actually releasing it.

even Warframe does this they do bi-monthly updates in form of dev streams talking about whats next and upcoming.

"better to delay a game than to release a rushed unfinished one" - Gaben,Valve (Half-life2)

Reactions: Gary Bertrand
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes