VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

ClaireNv

Sep 15, 2016
my god, the amount of content of this is simply astounding. what surprise me more offcuts(creator) said in his patreon the game is a side thing, different from his mainjob.
character design is fantastic, each character feels unique and looks beautiful. you know that when the game/vn had that kind multiple girl route and there's girl that make you want to skip her part. this i did not felt like that at all when i play it. truly wonderfull lol.
altough, there's few cliche but its been done right with good execution. you dont hate cliche, you just hate badly done cliche lol.
looking forward to next update
PS: PLS JANE ROUTE.

finally, i want be a patron for this. but surprisingly my paypal error with "cannot set up pre-approved payment'

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Just finished my first playthrough - Melissa route - and was completely blown away. I did not expect to spend a good portion of my day mesmerized by this story. Fantastic work. And Melissa... wow.

Will try the Nina story, but how the hell could it compare? I felt like I was watching a movie at one point.

Amazing work. Again, like I've said about Acting Lessons, these VNs aren't supposed to be this good.
Trust me you won't be disappointed with nina's story either.

Reactions: jvult and Namco15

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i think the routes we shall get are the names you get to choose from while drinking on the beach with Rambo's goofy cousin..the one i am waiting for most is an Alice route..the shy skittish waif holds great appeal for me :p

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Are there any news on 0.3? Last Update is a month old ... :(
unless real life has interfered with the dev it should be soon..he seemed quick with the update..and the game is animation free so thats one thing that isnt consuming all his time...however it is text content heavy game and its a very intricate story..so we have to give him some time for the brain burnout that always happens to authors...and with this story..he is an author.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
if i had one complaint..and its i guess in the big picture..minor..its the ending of each route..you get a splash screen with text telling you the ending title..i'd like an image....such as my favorite.."death and taxes" with Melissa...an image showing the MC arms around Melissa's shoulder as she cradles their baby in her arms..something like that..its small but would be a feel good image for the player to see how it ended instead of just reading a line of text across the screen...i'm nitpicky..it comes with running out of tea the day before payday.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
He's back! No, not me, you silly pirates, the one and only stencilbits! Is this not the most fun game? Are you not yet supporting him on Patreon? Get over there once you finish reading!

Unlocked
Monthly (and Halloween) update
This month I have been mostly busy writing the script for Amy's route and the work has progressed nicely. I have also started to render some of the images now that I know better which plot parts are important. To speed things up, I have also written several scripts that make content management and rendering much more pleasant and less manual. So, once I get the first images ready using my new tools I'll start posting the results (hopefully soon). Enjoy the witch-Amy as a quick test render.
Judging by the current progress my personal aim is to have the next 0.3 release ready roughly at the end of November (so about a month from now), but I'll keep you updated once I know more. This was a pretty short update, but at the moment there is not anything very fascinating to post about.

commanderkai

Feb 8, 2018
This game is really impressive. The characters are all interesting, the dialogue is hilarious, and the art is certainly unique. I can't wait to see more!

Reactions: Namco15

Muffeh

Jun 25, 2017
Given that Nina was originally your sister, i wonder if we'll see a mod some day to restore that.

Muffeh

Jun 25, 2017
It wouldnt really work.
Hmm how so? I've not played since launch so the stories a bit foggy but you could essentially tell that the story was changed to hide incest. Moving away from home became, living with your friends family for example.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Hmm how so? I've not played since launch so the stories a bit foggy but you could essentially tell that the story was changed to hide incest. Moving away from home became, living with your friends family for example.
Honestly, this isn't like a game where "roommate" or "landlady" was slapped onto family members after the fact. It's an idea that was had in development, then abandoned.

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
Given that Nina was originally your sister, i wonder if we'll see a mod some day to restore that.
Nina as Sister MC was the original developer's intent. But then he decided differently. Some tracks remained in folder structure. But changing Nina to a sister would not fit into the story because the fact that Nina is not a sister is strongly tied to the current version of the story. It's not just a simple change from "sister" to "Nina" or "roommate".
And I like it, because there are tons of incest games on the F95zone so every game good that does not contain incest is pleasingly refreshing for me.

xJumpManx

Jul 27, 2018
Great Game. I really enjoyed it. Had to go with Mellissa after she showed off those red panties and garter belt when she fell on you.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
This game is really impressive. The characters are all interesting, the dialogue is hilarious, and the art is certainly unique. I can't wait to see more!
Unfortunately, he thinks about changing the art. :-(

Nah, it wouldn't work in the story. It wouldn't make sense.

Reactions: parachina
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes