VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
This is a weird game. On the one hand the humour is great and it did have me laughing along with some fantastic character while on the other hand the awkwardness gets dragged on a bit too much.

While i've had men flirt I haven't had to deal with them long term so can't comment from that perspective but the women I have flirt with me that are awkward tend to get over it pretty quickly or I walk away, it's not as endearing in real life as some of these games make it out to be. It kills the mood when even after sex he still makes every conversation awkward and uncomfortable.

Moderation in all things. The awkwardness is constant it just gets a bit much. It reached the point where i'm on Melissa's route and thinking if I was her i'd have punched him in the throat to shut him the fuck up. We've fucked, calm the fuck down with the bullshit.

I thought it was bad but tolerable and then she asked him to put on sunscreen, i've only just read that part and I dearly wish I could unread it. That is the most, and I hate using this word, cringe worthy scene i've ever read. That was awful, that was virgins first time seeing a naked women trying to put on sun screen with a cloth. They have been fucking for weeks at this point, why is it this bad?

Endings were spot on though. Great start of the stories, great endings just the awkwardness that lasted a bit too long for me. Meh, i'm nit picking, overall I really enjoyed it and Melissa's ending on the cruise more than made up for any annoyance I had earlier.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
This is a weird game. On the one hand the humour is great and it did have me laughing along with some fantastic character while on the other hand the awkwardness gets dragged on a bit too much.

While i've had men flirt I haven't had to deal with them long term so can't comment from that perspective but the women I have flirt with me that are awkward tend to get over it pretty quickly or I walk away, it's not as endearing in real life as some of these games make it out to be. It kills the mood when even after sex he still makes every conversation awkward and uncomfortable.

Moderation in all things. The awkwardness is constant it just gets a bit much. It reached the point where i'm on Melissa's route and thinking if I was her i'd have punched him in the throat to shut him the fuck up. We've fucked, calm the fuck down with the bullshit.

I thought it was bad but tolerable and then she asked him to put on sunscreen, i've only just read that part and I dearly wish I could unread it. That is the most, and I hate using this word, cringe worthy scene i've ever read. That was awful, that was virgins first time seeing a naked women trying to put on sun screen with a cloth. They have been fucking for weeks at this point, why is it this bad?

Endings were spot on though. Great start of the stories, great endings just the awkwardness that lasted a bit too long for me. Meh, i'm nit picking, overall I really enjoyed it and Melissa's ending on the cruise more than made up for any annoyance I had earlier.
I would agree with you if there wasn't all that about "contract" (or whatever we could call it). She demanded NOTHING romantic - no hugging, kissing... Nothing intimate.

And, on the other hand, this game is all about an homage to Japanese dating sims (intentionally or unintentionally) and they're full of awkwardness.

Or, maybe, dev mixed up in which order scenes should go, because I remember something similar with anal scenes (don't know Melissa's or Nina's) when there is a depiction of that scene like it was the very first time and, in fact, it was like third or so anal scene.

There are really some continuity and time frame problems, but the game is great nonetheless.

Reactions: TeflonNinja

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
but the game is great nonetheless.
I'm not denying that, it really is, just finished Nina's route and it's fantastic but I enjoyed most of Melissa's too while looking forward to the rest.

My only problem is the prolonged awkwardness. Take Nina's route, he constantly took jokes too far and had to apologise because saying what he wanted to would shame him or some such nonsense.

Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I've played this game for several hours now and i'm really hooked by the story and the characters. I also didn't pursue a certain route and so far its a really well made game. I hope this continues, would be a shame if not.

Reactions: Namco15

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
If you read...quite some time. This is a volume story with heavy accent on conversation and character build. Bring snacks.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It took me quite a few hours to get through both routes so there is plenty of content and lots of sexual content too.

Only thing I wanted more of was crazy Nina. I think I can only remember 2 scenes where she goes full crazy and the one with Alice where the door is locked is fantastic. Just creepy enough. It would have lost it's charm i it had been overdone and made Nina seem unhinged but I enjoyed those bits.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
how long to finish 1 route ?
Its not a short route, but its worth every minute.

@Avaron1974 at first i was doubtfull if i want to take the Nina route, but i have to say that i regret nothing. Her character is really awesome even before she is his girlfriend.

Is there any fan sig for offcuts?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
@Avaron1974 at first i was doubtfull if i want to take the Nina route, but i have to say that i regret nothing. Her character is really awesome even before she is his girlfriend.
I didn't like her at first but she grew on me quite quickly. The banter between her and Melissa had me giggling.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I didn't like her at first but she grew on me quite quickly. The banter between her and Melissa had me giggling.
Same here. At first i was like "bleh what a annoying bitch" but as soon as she visited him i adored her.
Yeah the banter was really funny but there is a lot in this game what makes you laugh.

Calrain

Oct 22, 2017
As Avaron has mentioned, at times, the awkwardness sometimes gets a little much. But for the most part, I found this game surprisingly interesting. I've gotten 3 endings so far, not sure if there's more, but definitely more options to be had in there. Quite impressed with how well thought out it is. And, this is the first time I've actually commented on a game in these forums. Definitely a fair amount of content if you aren't afraid to read a bit.

DanteBlackX

Sep 6, 2018
i liked this vn as much as fruit of grisia and thats saying something (fruit of grisia is an insane vn even in its censored form)

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes