VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
lol loving the writing in this sometimes,without spoiling anything since i dont know how to make the spoiler tag, the convo with the guy trying to scare you off when he calls him back was just great. possibly the melissa rout im assuming

Reactions: Namco15

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
This game is a ton of fun, but the dev isn't just resting on his laurels. Check this out and maybe think about popping over to Patreon and dropping him a pledge (then you could see that actual WIP)...

Monthly update
Patrons only
Sep 30 at 3:42pm
After the last update, I have been mostly writing Amy's route. The script is progressing nicely and I'll probably start to post some renders once I'm sure that the plot is stable enough so that I don't waste time on stuff that might be cut or changed. I also have some images that never made it to 1.5 or 2.0, I'll probably give them a final render and post them once I get some other stuff out of the way.
* The attached video shows some interactions (eye, mouth and cloth "movement") that can be added to doll sprites. This makes them look a bit more lively and less static. This is possible because the new 2d dolls I showed earlier also generate metadata that can be used to add some minor animations to them. This process is also automatic, so I don't have to do anything manually. The video shows some basic functionality and it is also possible to turn those off in the settings if the effect is too deep in the uncanny valley. In the first half Amy's eyes and mouth move randomly, later you can see how they follow the mouse cursor (which can be also used to exaggerate some expressions). This was just a quick demo, more complex interactions are also possible. Interactive headpats for everyone?

* I'm putting together a single computer render "farm" from all the parts I have managed to salvage from here and there. Once it's running rendering stuff will be easier because I can still use my main computer properly while the images are rendering on another computer.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
honestly if i had the cash i would love to toss some at the dev/s but sadly bills and child support are plenty for what im able to afford and mostly why i use this site other then the fact its almost like steam with a massive collection to go through i also like the latest updates tab lol its nice being able to keep up with whats being updated instead of always checking every thread

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
No worries, friend. My update intros are never meant as a guilt trip, just plugs for the devs whose game I enjoy. Those of us who can, give a few bucks and those who can't, can still offer opinions and encourage others. That's where this site can really shine.

SpearOfReigns

Nov 8, 2017
How many Nina ending there is? I got three so far. Woof (good), Friendzone (bad, damn you Melissa and your tempting pussy), & the one where we gave up running (neutral, I think?).

Havent played Melissa route but I guess there is also Nina switch ending there too maybe?

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018
Great game. Only thing that worries me is how he will top previous update. Melissa's and player's story seem a perfect fit. Plenty of video game writers can look up here on how to write a good romance.

Reactions: Tom10

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Great game. However, without a guide for endings and graphics, I am certain I will lose stuff. I can't try all combinations. :(

EDIT: I finished Nina's route and I got all screens. Pretty straightforward. Just don't ignore her.

However with Melissa it's a bit more complicated at some points. Like both answers seem bad or something.

Tom10

May 25, 2017
Great game. Only thing that worries me is how he will top previous update. Melissa's and player's story seem a perfect fit. Plenty of video game writers can look up here on how to write a good romance.
I feel like Amy has a chance to top Melissa's story, since they have a longer history together and being childhood friend/crush. It would be very hard though, Melissa is just perfect for MC

Reactions: genthrow

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
Just finished this and man there is a ton of content. First play through I ended up on Melissa path. I wanted Kate but realized there wasn't a Kate path yet. I didn't like the Nina path quite as much. Maybe if I had played it first. Melissa felt like I got the full story while with Nina It felt like a subplot of the overall Melissa story. I hope when the other paths are opened they go a different route. (I don't think it will) I just don't want the same story from 5 different perspectives.

On a side note the ending of the Nina route reminded me of a funny story.....

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: troll822

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I feel like Amy has a chance to top Melissa's story, since they have a longer history together and being childhood friend/crush. It would be very hard though, Melissa is just perfect for MC
Melissa's story was too awesome. I doubt anything else can top it. It was not just the story and the "fit", it was also how the story was presented IMO. Melissa's very clear interest in Cole (the PC) and the very akward way she tried to approach it... Detentions so they would be together, hiring him so she would have his company, her "OK, let's do naughty stuff but not kisses, we're not a couple!" approach etc.

Nina's part was sweet, funny and interesting too, but not like Melissa. With Amy, I expect it to be something like that. Although I expect heavy drama with her and her family.

Doing Melissa story before Nina seems ... ouchy. Melissa is clearly interested for Cole even in the Nina Path, although she backs down in the end (aside of the Switch end). Nina in Melissa's story is less invested in Cole. You don't feel like you break her heart or anything. She's a bit jealous that she loses her BFF to a rich, tall woman she dislikes but that is it.

I agree with Vainglorious. Nina deserves better. Hopefully there's more to her later.
Nah, Nina's story is complete. She will also have content with Amy since they're firends.
Maybe even a threesome since Nina doesn't mind her.

kπ!$

Apr 18, 2018
Okay I had played the previous version-the one with only Nina route
This new version-does it includes only Melissa route or other routes are added too? If not are they planning to do so?

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes