VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Yep.
Not quite. There's a bunch of choices before then that give you points for each of the six planned routes. When the drunk asks you which, that's worth 2 points out of the 7. Right now, in 0.2, if Nina has the most points, you go on her route, otherwise you go on Melissa's routes.

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
Nina has indeed turned from a sister to a friend because I wanted the possibility to add a pregnancy ending later and even I find having kids with a biological sibling a bit of a turnoff. The Patreon incest ban didn't help, either.
I think it was a very good decision. If someone likes incest, on this forum they can find milions of games which contains incest. But adult games for ordinary boring people like me who do not like incest are quite rare.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I'm conflicted, Love the visuals but the MC is just so damn inconsistent it really bothers me. MC acts all shy in the beginning but gets heavy with Kate in no time, then Nothing at all. He acts like a babbling baby when any other character is topless and demands them to cloth themselves instantly. Its just awkward the MC can fight and hold his own but acts like a total bitch in almost any other instances with any woman in the scene. Its really inconsistant and he appears to have lost his balls during every conversation.

I really dont understand this character at all in one instance he doesn't hesitate fucking a chick in the ass but gets all butt hurt when a girl is walking around in her underwear. It doesn't make sense its almost as if the MC is two different characters throughout the story. I feel like there are so many missed opportunities with this MC. He gets super uncomfortable for no reason during certain situations and avoids contact (intimate or not) or conversations for no reason at all. Jane is practically throwing herself at him all the time, he does absolutely to which he actively avoids. I just don't get it.

Also transitions between scenes don't seem to follow any logic, one moment I'm in class and another click later I'm at home talking about whatever at the time. No indication of why you left class after just getting there you just magically end up at home and sometimes during the night. What happened that day ? There's no rhyme or reason to this.

Just my two cents so far beyond that I'm still enjoying the game

Reactions: Earthling

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
I'm conflicted, Love the visuals but the MC is just so damn inconsistent it really bothers me. MC acts all shy in the beginning but gets heavy with Kate in no time, then Nothing at all. He acts like a babbling baby when any other character is topless and demands them to cloth themselves instantly. Its just awkward the MC can fight and hold his own but acts like a total bitch in almost any other instances with any woman in the scene. Its really inconsistant and he appears to have lost his balls during every conversation.

I really dont understand this character at all in one instance he doesn't hesitate fucking a chick in the ass but gets all butt hurt when a girl is walking around in her underwear. It doesn't make sense its almost as if the MC is two different characters throughout the story. I feel like there are so many missed opportunities with this MC. He gets super uncomfortable for no reason during certain situations and avoids contact (intimate or not) or conversations for no reason at all. Jane is practically throwing herself at him all the time, he does absolutely to which he actively avoids. I just don't get it.

Also transitions between scenes don't seem to follow any logic, one moment I'm in class and another click later I'm at home talking about whatever at the time. No indication of why you left class after just getting there you just magically end up at home and sometimes during the night. What happened that day ? There's no rhyme or reason to this.

Just my two cents so far beyond that I'm still enjoying the game
I would say there is some consistency in MC's behavior. He is just holding back, when Nina is around.
Another thing is that Jane is a character who has some history with MC.
So the reason why he does not want to start anything with Jane can be similar to the reason he's for some time resisting relationship with Nina. In Kate's case there is no such barrier.

Reactions: UncleVT
Mar 1, 2018
I would say there is some consistency in MC's behavior. He is just holding back, when Nina is around.
Another thing is that Jane is a character who has some history with MC.
So the reason why he does not want to start anything with Jane can be similar to the reason he's for some time resisting relationship with Nina. In Kate's case there is no such barrier.
Which just confirms that Kate is the best girl. :FeelsGoodMan: Don't @ me :p

Reactions: Vainglorious

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
Ok started playing and picked Nina when at the beach with james, sine i assumed that was triggered the girl. But now Nina just ups and leaves me all of a sudden the day after Jane and James rescue us at the warehouse.... is this supposed to be ? or did I make a bad choice somewhere?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Ok started playing and picked Nina when at the beach with james, sine i assumed that was triggered the girl. But now Nina just ups and leaves me all of a sudden the day after Jane and James rescue us at the warehouse.... is this supposed to be ? or did I make a bad choice somewhere?
You gotta focus on Nina.
Melissa and Nina are both rivals for the MC's attention. To get either route right, you must turn down the other girl more frequently. In Nina's case, you can only side with or allow a flirt by Melissa once. Any more than that and you're toast. My suggestion is with either Nina or Melissa routes, do not allow the rival to flirt with the MC and actively reject her advances. With Nina, I always rejected Melissa's advances and chose Nina over Melissa every time.

Reactions: Rebeldad

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
Which just confirms that Kate is the best girl. :FeelsGoodMan: Don't @ me :p
Kate is a good as a side character. But I can not imagine how to make her complete path interesting. When Kate invites the MC to fuck her ass at the beginning of the game, there is not much to be discovered later.:)
Perhaps if there was a harem path involving Kate, where the goal would be to corrupt some shy girl like Alice or Amy...

Reactions: genthrow

p22

Jun 21, 2017
The bigger question is how to keep someone like Kate from fucking around.

joecoe

Jun 14, 2018
The bigger question is how to keep someone like Kate from fucking around.
This would be very original plot if MC had to change sluty girl like Kate to a decent and shy girl. At the beginning, a girl who lets everyone fuck her ass, at the end a shy girl who blushes at kiss. :extremelyhappy::extremelyhappy::extremelyhappy:

Reactions: genthrow and p22

VirgilSteam

Jul 11, 2017
If I had to guess, Kate is going to be one of those characters who has a lot of casual sex but has no idea what a "romantic" relationship is like. Either that or she has some baggage from her past that makes her promiscuous and it's all just a facade to keep people from getting too close to her emotionally.

Or maybe she is just a horny, easy-going type. No matter what, based off of the writing and characters so far, I'm pretty confident that the dev. has some creative ideas to flesh out her personality.

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
This game is fucking hilarious, and I know I'm gonna be mad when I get to the end. I can't WAIT for the next update. Great job, and thank you!

EDIT: Looks like it did have an ending, I figured it would have said completed on here. Anyway, thank you for the game. Played it start to finish. Awesome experience.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Kate is one of the two i'm patiently waiting for the route..the other is Alice..something about that timid waif appeals to me..lol

Raptor Pegasus

Sep 18, 2018
Man, the Nina arc was already pretty damned good by any standard, but the Melissa arc topped that easily.

I'm a sucker for thawing ice queens, but even leaving that aside her path was adorable, funny, and hot.
Did you finish Melissa's route and still have 4 images locked in the gallery or am I the outlier?

ElfDrow

Jan 19, 2018
Keep up the good work @stencilbits
btw... I know I'm about to sound like a maniac lol
but my OCD kicks in every time I see that the hair of the portrait of Kate don't match the hair in the CG's lol

other than that. go wild! and again GJ (n_n)b

P.S. Amy too lol (almost forgot)

Reactions: Futaglit
4.80 star(s) 77 Votes