VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Well, I don't think it's abandoned.
Also, even with two routes, it's a complete game with two routes.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well, I don't think it's abandoned.
Also, even with two routes, it's a complete game with two routes.
Just because 2 routes are completed does not make it a complete game. Considering there are supposedly 5 routes it's still got a way to go.

Do you have anything to back up your theory that it isn't abandoned?

I'm not having a jab but the dev hasn't been heard of since Christmas and this hasn't had an update in, what, 5 months?

It's not just that the dev hasn't posted an update, he hasn't posted anything, let's just say you are far more optimistic than some of us.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
It is not since the developer clearly stated that other routes are following.

Just because 2 routes are completed does not make it a complete game. Considering there are supposedly 5 routes it's still got a way to go.
OK, I realize I should have been clearer.
With 2 out of 5 routes complete, this game offers enough content to be entertaining without leaving a cliff-hanger. It is "complete" in the sense that it has beginning-mid-end for two routes. There are plently of VNs out there, some by professionals that have similar amount of content (and IMO less quality).
That's what I meant with "complete", not that this game is finished.

Do you have anything to back up your theory that it isn't abandoned?

I'm not having a jab but the dev hasn't been heard of since Christmas and this hasn't had an update in, what, 5 months?

It's not just that the dev hasn't posted an update, he hasn't posted anything, let's just say you are far more optimistic than some of us.
Yeap, I have something to back up my theory but, full disclosure, it's not much. But it is enough for me at least. :)
Here it is: The developer was rarely making a post in patreon. There were often just 1 update every 3-4 weeks. We're at 4 weeks. Even if we go to 5 weeks dark, it wouldn't be an outlier. At 4 weeks as we are now? Not a problem IMO. Especially with the holidays inside those 4 weeks.
Now, if there isn't the monthly update at 1-2 Februrary as they usually come, then yes, I would start feeling concerned.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Here's what I mean:
Post by dev in Patreon:
September 30
October 31
November 29
December 23
and finally December 31

OK, he slipped in a post at December 23 to tell us that 0.3 would be ready at 6th January between the monthly posts (which for December also mentioned it would be soon).

But... as things stand, not posting for a month? That's not new. That's the default.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
OK, I realize I should have been clearer.
With 2 out of 5 routes complete, this game offers enough content to be entertaining without leaving a cliff-hanger. It is "complete" in the sense that it has beginning-mid-end for two routes. There are plently of VNs out there, some by professionals that have similar amount of content (and IMO less quality).
That's what I meant with "complete", not that this game is finished.

Yeap, I have something to back up my theory but, full disclosure, it's not much. But it is enough for me at least. :)
Here it is: The developer was rarely making a post in patreon. There were often just 1 update every 3-4 weeks. We're at 4 weeks. Even if we go to 5 weeks dark, it wouldn't be an outlier. At 4 weeks as we are now? Not a problem IMO. Especially with the holidays inside those 4 weeks.
Now, if there isn't the monthly update at 1-2 Februrary as they usually come, then yes, I would start feeling concerned.
You could've made it easier and just wrote: "It feels more complete than other games" or "Even if its not complete it still has a lot of content with two completed routes"

Would've been way easier and one would've disagreed. ;)

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Well, garsh, I know I'm going to disappoint all those "I bet this game is gonna be abandoned" posters. It's tough to have to go look now for another game to troll, but, alas, here is an update from super dev (and, yes, super slow, but not a quitter) stencilbits.

For those of you who have been impatiently waiting (like myself), he brings us good news!

News & Art

Final stretch, the 0.3 is now finally in sight and the only things on the TODO-list are some remaining art and a bit of scripting. Thanks to everyone for their patience, my real work has kept me busy traveling this month which has made it difficult to render any art as my work laptop is not that powerful and most of the resources are on my home desktop computer anyway. I can write and script pretty much anywhere, but I can do rendering and modeling mostly on weekends or on days when I'm at home.

I'll still skip this month's Patreon payments again, but hopefully this will be the last time in a while especially as things should ease on my day job and I don't have to travel so much anymore.

So for now, I'll be posting new art here until 0.3 is out (which might still take a few weekends depending on how busy I will be).

aolli

Nov 15, 2018
Well, garsh, I know I'm going to disappoint all those "I bet this game is gonna be abandoned" posters. It's tough to have to go look now for another game to troll, but, alas, here is an update from super dev (and, yes, super slow, but not a quitter) stencilbits.

For those of you who have been impatiently waiting (like myself), he brings us good news!

News & Art

Final stretch, the 0.3 is now finally in sight and the only things on the TODO-list are some remaining art and a bit of scripting. Thanks to everyone for their patience, my real work has kept me busy traveling this month which has made it difficult to render any art as my work laptop is not that powerful and most of the resources are on my home desktop computer anyway. I can write and script pretty much anywhere, but I can do rendering and modeling mostly on weekends or on days when I'm at home.

I'll still skip this month's Patreon payments again, but hopefully this will be the last time in a while especially as things should ease on my day job and I don't have to travel so much anymore.

So for now, I'll be posting new art here until 0.3 is out (which might still take a few weekends depending on how busy I will be).
Great to hear he's still working, and that CG is fantastic.

Reactions: Gary Bertrand

KiwamiLorenzo

Oct 10, 2017

News & Art

THERE'S STILL HOPE!!!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well, garsh, I know I'm going to disappoint all those "I bet this game is gonna be abandoned" posters. It's tough to have to go look now for another game to troll,
You think I say what I say because I want it to be abandoned?

Do you even read what is typed?

I'll just go with no because every single word in that sentence is so far off the mark it's like you saw someone mentione the word "abandoned" and instantly assumed we all want it to fail.

Absolutely clueless.

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
So, you're go-to spot when receiving news the game is back on track is to whine about someone posting a tongue-in-cheek jab?

Heh.
They're probably not even a patreon, which is the worst part. Makes me not wanna share the release when it comes out here simply because they're in this thread. Super annoying and comes right back at you like he was never saying anything of the sort.

Doomsayers are all so funny. They cry cry cry then say they never said anything when it doesn't happen.

Reactions: p22 and supermanz95

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Well, in all fairness, I think he/she is a big fan of the game, so I bear no animus. Plenty of my jokes come off flat.

Let's just put it to bed and get excited over the (expected) February update.

Gary Bertrand

Sep 30, 2017
God I love this game with each char personalites is refreshing to see a great game like this now we just need a good wife to have children with Wink Wink Wink great game keep up the great work Dev But please dont work to hard we dont wont you to burn out and i think i talk for when i say this is 1 of the top 5 games on this site
Take care Friend and Happy New Year and God Bless you

quinfax

Jun 4, 2018

News & Art

Hey if stencilbits leaves us more presents like this picture then he can take all the time he needs.

Excelsior

Reactions: popober and punoko

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Here's what I mean:
Post by dev in Patreon:
September 30
October 31
November 29
December 23
and finally December 31

OK, he slipped in a post at December 23 to tell us that 0.3 would be ready at 6th January between the monthly posts (which for December also mentioned it would be soon).

But... as things stand, not posting for a month? That's not new. That's the default.
Yeap, end of the month.
I told you guys, Stencilbit posting an update once per month is the default.
Or was the default as he says he will be posting more this coming month.

However, after 0.3 is out and he goes back to 1 post per month for March, April and May, don't be disheartened.

Reactions: punoko and 21045aj

Tom10

May 25, 2017
Phew, to me offcuts is so good that it doesn't matter when the next update is, as long as it is not abandoned LOL I could certainly wait another month or 2

echilog

Oct 28, 2017
pretty sure this dev, only charges patreons each time he releases an update. So in my book he can make as many or as little updates as he want.
but I may be wrong about that.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes