• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Offcuts [v0.3.1] [stencilbits]

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes

retek89

Aug 5, 2017
Could probably be done, random cliffhangers to split the story up, but much better the way it is now.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
y'all need to consider..if you've played all through v0-2 and actually spent time reading it all and not just staring at the beautiful unique images...you'd see this is a frikkin novel..a full blown novel..most novels take years to write(unless you are stephen king then hours...) so i fully expected there to be huge time gaps between each update...am seriously considering wearing my glasses and smoking a pipe whilst attired in a fine silk robe for the next update...

misterbaobab

Aug 29, 2017
Don't you guys think that here is something wrong?

On the 23 of december the author wrote:
...I now have a two-week vacation and a much more relaxed looking next year so I should be able to finally squeeze out some content and release 0.3. The only things still unfinished are scripting and some CG creation and rendering so my current release estimate would be around January 6th...
So he needed only 2 weeks to finish the release.
Then on the 31 of December he wrote:
...I'm currently on vacation so I have been able to fully focus on finalizing the next 0.3 release. I should have more news once my vacation ends next week, but at the moment things are progressing nicely...
So everything was normal, one week left utill everything had to be ready!
But then one month of silence untill he wrote this on the 30 of January:
Final stretch, the 0.3 is now finally in sight and the only things on the TODO-list are some remaining art and a bit of scripting. Thanks to everyone for their patience, my real work has kept me busy traveling this month which has made it difficult to render any art as my work laptop is not that powerful and most of the resources are on my home desktop computer anyway. I can write and script pretty much anywhere, but I can do rendering and modeling mostly on weekends or on days when I'm at home.
And we are back to the point as on the 23 of December. Sounds strange, especially about the work, as he planned everything to be done during the vacation (and he wrote nothing about what prevented him).
One month passed. We saw some renders (which could be done 2, 3, 5 or even 10 month earlier). And now we read:
This month's progress has been good for a change and it should get even better once my current project at my real day job ends next week. Getting rid of that project makes my life easier as I don't have to keep traveling all the time and I can model and render at home on weekdays too...
I have also been using this extra time to add some more content and scenes to the script, so the total length has increased once again. The new shader visual effects also got some improvements and I have some potential (but not priority) plans for it once 0.3 is out. Other than some missing images and maybe some small script and visual tweaks everything else is pretty much ready to go.
And nothing about the release that from his words was almost ready more than two month ago, but now it is not still ready, and it is unknown, how many time it will take to finish it. So the time passes but the release becomes less ready. Isn't it strange at all?
P.S. The question is rhetorical.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
the writing in this game is intensive as heck and he was restyling his art...so he may have hit snags and such..i do not mind waiting and 0.3 will probably be massive...heck playing through 1 and 2 takes hours if you actually read it..so even after this amount of time..when 3 arrives this will still offer more than many games out for years cannot touch.

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
Don't you guys think that here is something wrong?

On the 23 of december the author wrote:

So he needed only 2 weeks to finish the release.
Then on the 31 of December he wrote:

So everything was normal, one week left utill everything had to be ready!
But then one month of silence untill he wrote this on the 30 of January:

And we are back to the point as on the 23 of December. Sounds strange, especially about the work, as he planned everything to be done during the vacation (and he wrote nothing about what prevented him).
One month passed. We saw some renders (which could be done 2, 3, 5 or even 10 month earlier). And now we read:

And nothing about the release that from his words was almost ready more than two month ago, but now it is not still ready, and it is unknown, how many time it will take to finish it. So the time passes but the release becomes less ready. Isn't it strange at all?
P.S. The question is rhetorical.
that was some quality investigative work. do you happen to work for the police by any chance ?

Sep 4, 2017
So I have played Offcuts I think 2 versions ago, and I was kind of waiting for the new update seeing its pretty close, but I got a question about how the different girls are put into the game, are these full blown routes? I was planning on starting from the beginning but am I able to enjoy the story of multiple girls in a single playthrough? or does each girl require its own playthrough?

aolli

Nov 15, 2018
So I have played Offcuts I think 2 versions ago, and I was kind of waiting for the new update seeing its pretty close, but I got a question about how the different girls are put into the game, are these full blown routes? I was planning on starting from the beginning but am I able to enjoy the story of multiple girls in a single playthrough? or does each girl require its own playthrough?
Each girl has a seperate route so far.

Reactions: Namco15

Godus33

Dec 29, 2018
I enjoyed it, the graphic was pleasant to look at.

I am not satisfied with the ending tho, so far I only went for nina because of her "yandere" attitude and the CG where we see her face like that is pretty cool.

She only has 2 endings which is pretty sad (correct me if i'm wrong - woof & the rest ending)

I'm gonna explore all the routes & wait for more !

Reactions: Namco15 and Tom10

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
It's a common/shared story up to a point. When you get to the beach you get to choose a girl and follow her path. So i'd suggest a save there if you don't want to play the beginning over and over. OF course there is only Nina and Melissa so far with Amy coming in this next update.

4.80 star(s) 77 Votes